Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 (27780 Views)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 5th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chimerase2: 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
Neil Warnock is aware Crystal Palace will have to produce an outstanding performance if they are to topple Premier League leaders Chelsea.

The two sides meet at Selhurst Park on Saturday, with the hosts hoping for a repeat of last season's corresponding fixture, which they won 1-0 in March thanks to a John Terry own goal.

That victory signalled the start of a five-match winning sequence that saw Palace pull clear of the relegation zone under Tony Pulis.

A four-match unbeaten league streak boosted the Eagles after back-to-back losses at the start of this campaign, although they suffered a 2-0 loss to Hull City in their last game before the international break.

With Saturday's opponents making a flying start to 2014-15 with 19 points from the first seven matches, Warnock knows his players face a daunting task.

"It's going to take a superhuman effort," he said. "It's a difficult task for anyone that plays them.

"You say [Diego] Costa, but [Eden] Hazard, Oscar and [Cesc] Fabregas - they're all top-class players. I worry about our players, not theirs. If you think about theirs you wouldn't sleep.

"Everyone knows what they can do and you've got to hope they have an off day. You can help that by being well organised yourselves and I think we've got people who can cause problems for them.

"We've got to get our major players into the game as well and that's what we're trying to do. Better teams than us tried to beat them and failed so we have to do something special."

In Costa, Chelsea boast the Premier League's leading scorer, the Spain international having netted nine times since his July move from Atletico Madrid.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho was outspoken in his need for a world-class striker last season and many see Costa as the final piece in the jigsaw as the west Londoners look to clinch a first league title since 2009-10.

"Right now, there is no better No.9 than Costa," said Hazard, who feels he is benefiting from the forward's presence in the team. "He is the type of striker who can unlock a rotten game.

"He also has a great mentality. He gives everything for the team, perhaps sometimes too much! He is such a dangerous number nine, he inevitably attracts defenders. So there is definitely less attention on me.

"Especially since the opposition also have to keep an eye on Fabregas, who can make the difference with the quality of his passing. So I have a little more space."

Palace's only absentee is defender Scott Dann, who was carried off on a stretcher with an ankle injury during the defeat at Hull.

Chelsea have doubts over Didier Drogba (ankle) and Ramires (muscular), while Andre Schurrle missed Germany's Euro 2016 qualifier against Republic of Ireland on Tuesday through illness.

Source: www.goal.com/en/match/crystal-palace-vs-chelsea/1703639/preview

3 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chimerase2: 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
Sure 3 point in back pocket cool
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by bountyhunter: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
go eagles
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chimerase2: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
bountyhunter:
go eagles
they can't smell draw cheesy
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by luvola(m): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
Up Crystal palace and sink this blue .

: Order quality footwears from.olak
store #Free delivery service#.Biz
line.07089328564 :* pin 746f8f4c kindly rbc
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chimerase2: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
luvola:
Up Crystal palace and sink this blue .

some pple go cry wen we beat cry grin
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by luvola(m): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
chimerase2:
some pple go cry wen we beat cry grin
Crystal palace will crystallize u .. he go be like thunder for your eye

Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by Noah13: 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Another three points for the taking cool
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by 1025: 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
luvola:
Crystal palace will crystallize u .. he go be like thunder for your eye

if i were u, i will concentrate in selling of ur china made footwears and stay away from the game of football. we are chelsea and there is nothing u can do about that. we are made of strong materials which include costamatichazard, the pillars of our house are made of a concentrated material made of cesarterrycahilinvanovic, other materials like fabrewillianoscar that is highly concentrated by a long lasting steel in form of courtois and the builder is a specal one called don mourinho.
chelsea is tight.

4 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chimerase2: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
1025:

if i were u, i will concentrate in selling of ur china made footwears and stay away from the game of football. we are chelsea and there is nothing u can do about that. we are made of strong materials which include costamatichazard, the pillars of our house are made of a concentrated material made of cesarterrycahilinvanovic, other materials like fabrewillianoscar that is highly concentrated by a long lasting steel in form of courtois and the builder is a specal one called don mourinho.
chelsea is tight.
dat was hard grin
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chelseabmw(m): 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
1025:

chelsea is tight.

Correct guy, long time...

Btw, leave dat shoemaker alone, I understand his frustration..... liverpool is struggling why wouldn't he be frustrated
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by luvola(m): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2014
grin
1025:

chelsea is tight.
grin
1025:

chelsea is tight.
Bros shey we get beef before ni ? Which one be china footwear ? We do not sell fake because we have name to protect .You better come do your Chelsea jersey now . na original o with your name customize on it ...

Chelsea jersey original ..Negotiate price and place your order now !!!!! Add up - 746F8F4C , mobile /whatapp - 07089328564 grin grin
1025:

chelsea is tight.
grin
1025:

chelsea is tight.
Bros shey we get beef before ni ? Which one be china footwear ? We do not sell fake because we have name to protect .You better come do your Chelsea jersey now . na original o with your name customize on it ...

Chelsea jersey original ..Negotiate price and place your order now !!!!! Add up - 746F8F4C , mobile /whatapp - 07089328564

1 Like

Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chelseabmw(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
We are here again

Haterz are tired of commenting on our threads

We keep winning!

Another clean sheet

Another goal for hazard and remy

Prediction : Crystal Palace 0 - 3 Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by luvola(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
Viewing this topic: chelseabmw( m), luvola( m)
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by luvola(m): 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
grin
chelseabmw:
We are here again

We keep winning!

Another clean sheet

grin
chelseabmw:
We are here again

We keep winning!

Another clean sheet

Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by Tval(m): 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
yea.. 3 points in the bag.
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chelseabmw(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
luvola:
grin grin Bros shey we get beef before ni ? Which one be china footwear ? We do not sell fake because we have name to protect .You better come do your Chelsea jersey now . na original o with your name customize on it ...

Chelsea jersey original ..Negotiate price and place your order now !!!!! Add up - 746F8F4C , mobile /whatapp - 07089328564

So you carry your igbo made jersey come our thread. You nor dey fear? This is not a business thread man, this is Chelsea Fc match thread.

Infact nor of my fellow supporters will buy from you tongue na London we for dey buy our own
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by major466(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
Costa for operation Hardtrick. smiley
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by deeobserver209(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
Another sure 3 points for Chelsea.
Can't wait for the football massacre to begin. smiley
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chimerase2: 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
Diego Costa a big doubt for palace clash, says mourinho

The Brazil-born Spaniard featured heavily for Spain against
Slovakia and Luxembourg over the international break and
is now racing to be fit to face the Eagles
Jose Mourinho has revealed Diego Costa is a big doubt for
Chelsea's trip to face Crystal Palace on Saturday after his
exertions for Spain during the international break.
The Brazilian-born forward was one of three Blues players
who linked up with La Roja, and, despite returning ahead of
schedule, is facing a race against time to be fit for the trip to
Selhurst Park - a ground where Chelsea lost last season.
After reeling off a list of his casualties, Mourinho was asked
if Costa was a big doubt for Saturday and replied: "Yes."
He added: "The Spanish team played in Luxembourg on
Sunday. I gave them Diego, [Cesc] Fabregas and Azpi [Cesar
Azpilicueta] two days off [Monday and Tuesday], so they had
to report Wednesday at 3pm. Diego was here Monday at
9am. That shows you how strong he is."
When asked if Costa had been forced to return early for
medical treatment, Mourinho replied: "No comment."
The Portuguese stopped short of attacking Spain coach
Vicente Del Bosque for selecting Costa against Slovakia and
Luxembourg, but continued: "They [national coaches] have
the power. We don’t have the power."

Source: www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2014/10/17/5204941/diego-costa-a-big-doubt-for-palace-clash-says-mourinho
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by Skimpledawg(m): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
If Palace win, I will lay 5Crates of egg for ma babe!!

Chelsea for life till Mikel win BaLLon D'Or... lipsrsealed
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by donbrowser(m): 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
Costa 2-0 Palace.
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chimerase2: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
donbrowser:
wat is the morale of this space u booked undecided
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by pamcode(m): 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
chelseabmw:
We are here again

We keep winning!

Another clean sheet

seconded i they feel you bros chelsea dey teach other teams how to play since 1904
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chelseabmw(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
pamcode:
seconded i they feel you bros chelsea dey teach other teams how to play since 1904

Yes oh... but naa since 1905 cheesy
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by luvola(m): 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
chelseabmw:

So you carry your igbo made jersey come our thread. You nor dey fear? This is not a business thread man, this is Chelsea Fc match thread.

Infact nor of my fellow supporters will buy from you tongue na London we for dey buy our own
Na wa o .. see as una finish me here .. chaiiiii . daris Godu o

.... Run out of thread...

u even call me shoe maker
.. Chesus........
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by chelseabmw(m): 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
luvola:
Na wa o .. see as una finish me here .. chaiiiii . daris Godu o

.... Run out of thread...

u even call me shoe maker
.. Chesus........

Bros nor vex oh, na joke I dey oh
cheesy
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by keandre: 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
crystal palace stubborn sha..

crystal palace 0-4 chelsea
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by luvola(m): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
chelseabmw:

cheesy
grin
chelseabmw:

cheesy
hahaha .. Oya make una order from shoe maker o ...746F8F4C

1 Like

Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by luvola(m): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
chelseabmw:

cheesy
grin
chelseabmw:

cheesy
hahaha .. Oya make una order from shoe maker o ...746F8F4C , 07089328564
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by MaziOmenuko: 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
chelseabmw:

Nice dream! When you wake up, Chamakh, Gayle and Puncheon will be feasting on the left-overs of Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic
Re: Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th October 2014 by johnstar(m): 2:13am On Oct 18, 2014
TeamChelsea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur EFL Cup (2 - 0) On 5th January 2022 / AC Milan Vs Arsenal : Europa League (0 -2) On 8th March 2018 / Ajax Vs Chelsea : UCL- (0 - 1) On 23rd October 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.