Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,780 members, 7,824,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Catholic Priest Converts To Islam After Waking Up From A 17-month Coma - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Catholic Priest Converts To Islam After Waking Up From A 17-month Coma (722 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest Converts To Islam After Waking Up From A 17-month Coma by sultangem: 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
A catholic priest from the island of Java in Indonesia who has woken up from a 17 month long coma has converted himself to Islam. The man claims God spoke to him in the dream and showed him “the beauty of the heavens”.

Priest Eduardo Vincenzo Maria, an 87-year old priest from Spain has lived and preached on the island for more then 43 years and is fluent in Javanese and various dialects of the different ethnic groups of the island and is a well known and respected figure amongst all religious groups of the area.

The man who has suffered a cardiac arrest while helping local volunteers to fix the roof of his church and fell an incredible two stories high has managed to survive and come out of his coma, in brittle shape, yet a changed man.

Priest Eduardo Vincenzo Maria Gomez, weeks before his tragic accident said “I know nothing of Islam. Never once have I read the Qur'an, but, God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” said the newly converted Priest, when interviewed by a journalist of the Kalimantan Press.

The man who miraculously suffers no spinal injury should be able to walk soon, admits the physician who took care of him at South Jakarta’s Metropolitan Medical Centre. “This must be the strongest 80-year old I have ever seen. His bones should be smashed to pieces” ponders Jim Won May, who has practiced medicine for over twenty years.

His conversion to Islam took most of his church followers by surprise, but interestingly enough, already half of his christian followers have showed interest in converting to Islam. “If Allah is the true God, I don’t want to be misled in the wrong direction on judgement day. I trust Father Eduardo. We all believe in him” explains one of his followers.

The priest who is still under medical attention has already ordered the construction of a new mosque and his followers are already working hard to find the funds necessary for the task. “We owe it to Father Eduardo for all he has done for us” comments one of the devotees of the old catholic church, that is now for sale.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/catholic-priest-wakes-up-from-coma-after-17-months-converts-to-islam/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest Converts To Islam After Waking Up From A 17-month Coma by maryam6(f): 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
ALHAMDULILAH. Surely islam is d true religion. may we die as a pious muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Converts To Islam After Waking Up From A 17-month Coma by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
Alhamdulilah for him
Re: Catholic Priest Converts To Islam After Waking Up From A 17-month Coma by tunde1200(m): 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
ALHAMDULILAHI...
Re: Catholic Priest Converts To Islam After Waking Up From A 17-month Coma by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2014
Alhamdulillah. As they say; slow and steady win the race.
Re: Catholic Priest Converts To Islam After Waking Up From A 17-month Coma by cannonnier(m): 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
The idea that God spoke to him, am a bit uncomfortable with it.

(1) (Reply)

Virtues And Blessings Of Ramadan / Usooluth Thalathaa – The 3 Fundamental Matters – Shaykul Islam Ibn Abdulwahhab / Israeli Settlers Desecrate Muslim Cemetery Near Nablus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.