Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Why Telecommunication Companies Must Stop Recycling Phone Numbers. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Telecommunication Companies Must Stop Recycling Phone Numbers. (614 Views)

The Nigerian Police Force Channels And Emergency Numbers / Stop Recycling Pains! / Facebook Will Soon Share Users’ Phone Numbers And Addresses With 3rd Parties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Telecommunication Companies Must Stop Recycling Phone Numbers. by EVERCUTE(m): 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
A friend just called me to lament that an unknown person has been using his bank account to recharge his/her mobile phone. I thought it is impossible until someone else confirmed the same. How did it happen? His former phone number with which he opened his account had been reassigned to another subsciber. In a normal society(unlike ours), I don't think it is right. These SIMs had already been paid for,the number(whether active or otherwise) should still belong to the buyer. It is like a bank reassigning a customer's account number to another person because your account is dormant. On many occasions have had to call an old friend on their usual lines only to be told by a character that I have called a wrong number-quite embarrassing! Though I'm still waiting to see how my friend's scenario will be resolved...
Re: Why Telecommunication Companies Must Stop Recycling Phone Numbers. by inspiratio: 11:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
Good topic, my mtn line was reassigned to someone after some months of inactivity, I wish the NCC can address this issue asap.
Re: Why Telecommunication Companies Must Stop Recycling Phone Numbers. by Emmyk(m): 1:56am On Oct 18, 2014
It's serious.

(1) (Reply)

Have You All Heard About Free University Of Nigeria (FUN)??? / Helicopter Crash In Yola Again / I Don't Like BBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.