Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! (4744 Views)

Some Yoruba Proverb Part 1 / Some Yoruba Words I Wish To Know In English / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 18, 2014
Honestly! Why will a parent disfigure d face of his child with some nauseating tribal marks??
I think its some act of wickedness... like,,"my parents did same to me so, u must gt it too (((even wen dey knw it'll destroy d child's beauty)))

I went out to buy some stuff this morning {Lagos} and while I was going back home,, one well shaped lady was walking towards me. This lady was well endowed with everything. But lo and behold! By the time I got to see her face clearly, I almost cried. What kind of wickedness is this? Why will her parents do such a thing to her? Hers is even worse than the 3 pictures I added to this post.

‡StopTribalMarks

2 Likes

Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by bbello28(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2014
Choi lipsrsealed
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by DeHero1: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2014
Do u know d meaning of 'wicked'?

What do u know about culture?

1 Like

Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2014
Geee... Nawa ooo..
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 18, 2014
DeHero1:
Do u know d meaning of 'wicked'?

What do u know about culture?
Pls hang that ish! Culture my foot! Sorry for using that word "wicked" "devilish" will be better. You disfigure a young child's pretty face and u'r here saying culture??

Moderate ones are okay. Very small ones. But when you start digging someone's face like u'r learning to be an artist,, my dear...that is wickedness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by khukhi(f): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2014
Important message Op. I guess its a culture of the tribe. But some traditional practices should be stopped in the 21st century. I can only imagine the kind of resentment this kid will have when he/she grows up cause life is tough without the facial markings as I'm sure it leads to confidence issues for these kids.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by suregurl(f): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2014
Not in this 21st century again.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 18, 2014
khukhi:
Important message Op. I guess its a culture of the tribe. But some traditional practices should be stopped in the 21st century. I can only imagine the kind of resentment this kid will have when he/she grows up cause life is tough without the facial markings as I'm sure it leads to confidence issues for these kids.
yeah..its a culture thing..and I am saying any parent that has the heart to indulge in such is [size=50pt]wicked!![/size] That confidence thing,,,its gna affect them a great deal! And marks are nt even fine! Some even look like a masquerade cos of d yeye marks... D first picture →→see how the old woman is knifing that poor child cry
suregurl:
Not in this 21st century again.
They still do it o. Very many of them. This one I saw this morning was just too much
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by destante(f): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2014
you can't call them wicked because in that time, it was fashion and culture. But if a parent does that in this time, it is unfair. Already there us a cultural shift.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by suregurl(f): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:
yeah..its a culture thing..and I am saying any parent that has the heart to indulge in such is [size=50pt]wicked!![/size] That confidence thing,,,its gna affect them a great deal! And marks are nt even fine! Some even look like a masquerade cos of d yeye marks... D first picture →→see how the old woman is knifing that poor child cry
They still do it o. Very many of them. This one I saw this morning was just too much
adonbilivit
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 18, 2014
destante:
you can't call them wicked because in that time, it was fashion and culture. But if a parent does that in this time, it is unfair. Already there us a cultural shift.
maybe →"in that time" but in this generation,, it is shear wickedness
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 18, 2014
suregurl:
adonbilivit
Do u reside in Lagos? They are countless here. Both old and young
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by ChristyG(f): 10:47am On Oct 18, 2014
Would u stop barking!!!.firstly,not only yorubas give tribal marks,one of d pictures u ave dere is not yoruba.secondly,d culture of tribal marks is almost fading,dose who ave tribal marks are mostly older folks and young ones who live in dose indigenous(agbole) area(dat is where u probably saw d girl or u are just making up d story). U should change dat senseless topic of urs cos atleast 80 percent of yoruba parents dont do dat anymore....u shuld direct ur agitations to parents who sell their children in baby factories instead of ranting about fading culture dat most people no longer practice,so save us ur idiotic stories,ko to ma gbo bi aja igboro.

2 Likes

Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 18, 2014
ChristyG:
Would u stop barking!!!.firstly,not only yorubas give tribal marks,one of d pictures u ave dere is not yoruba.secondly,d culture of tribal marks is almost fading,dose who ave tribal marks are mostly older folks and young ones who live in dose indigenous(agbole) area(dat is where u probably saw d girl or u are just making up d story). U should change dat senseless topic of urs cos atleast 80 percent of yoruba parents dont do dat anymore....u shuld direct ur agitations to parents who sell their children in baby factories instead of ranting about fading culture dat most people no longer practice,so save us ur [size=25pt]idiotic stories[/size],ko to ma gbo bi aja igboro.
@bolded...was that necessary?? You should learn some manners.
Am nt making it up n its nt an agbole area I saw d girl.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by ChristyG(f): 10:55am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:
now u are exaggerating and telling lies here if u say u saw many,u are just here to insult d yorubas.is dis d first time u are hearing about tribal marks?is it only yorubas who ave tribal marks?so what is all dese useless rantings for.which part of lagos do u live sef?
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by ebankole1(m): 10:57am On Oct 18, 2014
Another jobless fellow thread on display.
Don't worry u will get what bargain for sooner than expected.

Tribal mark what ever it is ,is a matter of choice and its existed in yoruba culture even before OP father was born talkless of u.

Most yoruba don't engage in tribal mark anymore.Even if so,that's Yoruba headache not Flattie
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by ChristyG(f): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:
@bolded...was that necessary?? You should learn some manners.
Am nt making it up n its nt an agbole area I saw d girl.
yes it is a senseless topics,see who is talking about manners yet u created a topic that says'yoruba parents are wicked',dose dat sound sensible to u?

1 Like

Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2014
ChristyG:
now u are exaggerating and telling lies here if u say u saw many,u are just here to insult d yorubas.is dis d first time u are hearing about tribal marks?is it only yorubas who ave tribal marks?so what is all dese useless rantings for.which part of lagos do u live sef?
and what was it in my write up that's an insult?? This is your second post and you have used three insulting words already....Smh
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 18, 2014
ChristyG:
yes it is a senseless topics,see who is talking about manners yet u created a topic that says'yoruba parents are wicked',dose dat sound sensible to u?
oohk
Av heard u
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 18, 2014
ebankole1:
Another jobless fellow thread on display.
Don't worry u will get what bargain for sooner than expected.

Tribal mark what ever it is ,is a matter of choice and its existed in yoruba culture even before OP father was born talkless of u.

Most yoruba don't engage in tribal mark anymore.Even if so,that's Yoruba headache not Flattie
Is it that majority of d Yoruba folks are mannerless?? Mtchew
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by ebankole1(m): 11:10am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:

Mannerless? hehe hehe
You expect me to just sidon dey look why u insult my tribe,here on NL?
You don't know half of it.
By the way you sound so new on here.
No hard feelings but,why the word"WICKED?Are they murderer?
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2014
ebankole1:

Mannerless? hehe hehe
You expect me to just sidon dey look why u insult my tribe,here on NL?
You don't know half of it.
By the way you sound so new on here.
No hard feelings but,why the word"WICKED?Are they murderer?
new ke? Av been on NL 4 long

I believe if u had seen d gal I saw dx morning, u wouldn't ask dt question
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by ebankole1(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:

Its ok.
You might meant well but trust me,with such thread ..? Na war o
Anyways,some still do but most parent don't engage in that anymore.
Am Yoruba &i have none tribal mark.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by destante(f): 11:20am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:
maybe →"in that time" but in this generation,, it is shear wickedness
Yess that's what I said nau. No kid will grow up to like it anymore.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 18, 2014
ebankole1:

Its ok.
You might meant well but trust me,with such thread ..? Na war o
Anyways,some still do but most parent don't engage in that anymore.
Am Yoruba &i have none tribal mark.
Good for you. Suppose u had a number of dem on u,,u would have been saying something different
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 18, 2014
destante:
Yess that's what I said nau. No kid will grow up to like it anymore.
yap
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by ebankole1(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Good for you. Suppose u had a number of dem on u,,u would have been saying something different

Well.
Like i said ,its still exist but mosy don't do it anymore.
None of my siblings does except one ,even that its just one of these 1-1 tribal and he's ok with it.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Caracta(f): 11:28am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:

Just one girl and you want to give us heart failure? Did you just come to Lagos or South West for the first time?

Please keep quiet. Tribal mark is becoming a thing of the past. It's no longer embraced and appreciated. It wasn't even about wickedness, it was about ignorance. That it was done on one girl you saw, doesn't mean every Lagos girl has tribal marks.

Babe, you need to go out more or at least watch television biko.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 18, 2014
ebankole1:

Well.
Like i said ,its still exist but mosy don't do it anymore.
None of my siblings does except one ,even that its just one of these 1-1 tribal and he's ok with it.
I am very okay with that little 1-1 mark..but some are just...........
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2014
Caracta:

Just one girl and you want to give us heart failure? Did you just come to Lagos or South West for the first time?

Please keep quiet. Tribal mark is becoming a thing of the past. It's no longer embraced and appreciated. It wasn't even about wickedness, it was about ignorance. That it was done on one girl you saw, doesn't mean every Lagos girl has tribal marks.

Babe, you need to go out more or at least watch television biko.
Did I say all Lagos girls have tribal marks?? Na wa for some people sha.......
BTW am nt a girl
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by Caracta(f): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Did I say all Lagos girls have tribal marks?? Na wa for some people sha.......
BTW am nt a girl

I thought as much.
Re: Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! by ChristyG(f): 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
AgapeCharis:
another stup1.d generalization.why dont u mention u bush tribe(am guessing d african jews:p) so dat u can tell us how perfect they are,u made a stup1.d topic with hasty generalization and u expect people to respond nicely to u,just tell us u are here to bash yorubas,it is not new...eranko ikeji aja:p

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igala People Are The Real Owner Of Lokoja Town Not Ebira Or Nupe / Marriage List ---:o :o / Some Fact Pictures Yoruba And Igbo Can Never Explain Instead They Rewrite It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.