Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Do You Skip The First Slice? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Skip The First Slice? (1529 Views)

Shocking Revelation! What Happens When You Skip Meals. / Bsb Question Of The Day; Why Does This First Slice Exists??? / Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Skip The First Slice? by 1one: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2014
So while having breakfast; bread, tea and scrambled eggs... , you know I could have just said "eggs" without adding the scrambled but hey,.. tongue. Anyways, I realized I was about to skip the first slice of bread and it got me wondering and asking myself why do people skip the first slice of bread...

Do you skip the first slice of bread?

If you do.. Why do you skip it

If you don't... What's your reason
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by drollster(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2014
1one:
So while having breakfast; bread, tea and scrambled eggs... , you know I could have just said "eggs" without adding the scrambled but hey,.. tongue. Anyways, I realized I was about to skip the first loaf of bread and it got me wondering and asking myself why do people skip the first loaf of bread...

Do you skip the first loaf of bread?

If you do.. Why do you skip it

If you don't... What's your reason

First loaf or first slice?

If first slice ; because the crust tends to be harder.
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by LEERICIST(m): 10:27am On Oct 18, 2014
The first SLICE is the best.
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by nikaShow(m): 10:31am On Oct 18, 2014
I do.

Somehow I think it gives the remaining slices a more complete look, rather than if the first slice was off...it makes it still look like a complete loaf of a smaller size.

But don't dull oo, the first and last slices na him dey sweet pass grin, after waiting and working my way through all the other slices , anybody wey wan take that first and last slice ?! Na die ooooo ! angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by 1one: 10:36am On Oct 18, 2014
drollster:

Ahhh.. Sorry jare... First slice

Let me correct it.. Arigatoo
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by 1one: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2014
LEERICIST:
The first SLICE is the best.

Exactly!!! grin grin
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by 1one: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2014
nikaShow:
I do.

Somehow I think it gives the remaining slices a more complete look, rather than if the first slice was off...it makes it still look like a complete loaf of a smaller size.

But don't dull oo, the first and last slices na hime dey sweet pass grin, after waiting and working my way through all the other slices , anybody wey wan take that first and last slice ?! Na die ooooo ! angry

Lool

Very funny

drollster:

Yeah it's harder, but it's still very edible, somehow I think it's not even because it's harder that most people skip the first slice... It has to do with some sort of intrinsic traditional upbringing that suggests you don't take the first thing out of a pack of things or something like that..

If an experiment was carried out where the normal hard crust bread is replaced by a normal soft textured one.. 7 out of 10 people I dare say, would still skip the first slicegringrin
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by Gooci(m): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2014
1one:

ariigato gozaimashta
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by Gooci(m): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2014
1one:

doutashimashite cool
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by TrishaP(f): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Well, I skip it when there are other optional slices, buh eat it when it's the only available slice.
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by EfemenaXY: 10:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
Depends on the type of bread.

I wouldn't bother with the first slice of your average sliced bread, be it brown, white, wheat, etc. But if it's your normal Agege or Jamaican bread, then the top and bottom parts when sliced are the absolute best! Especially if you have them with sardines or mackerels in sunflower oil... cool

Yum...yum.. tongue tongue
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by 1one: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Depends on the type of bread.

I wouldn't bother with the first slice of your average sliced bread, be it brown, white, wheat, etc. But if it's your normal Agege or Jamaican bread, then the top and bottom parts when sliced are the absolute best! Especially if you have them with sardines or mackerels in sunflower oil... cool

Yum...yum.. tongue tongue

Dude is a bread eating veterangringrin
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by 1one: 10:02am On Oct 19, 2014
TrishaP:
Well, I skip it when there are other optional slices, buh eat it when it's the only available slice.

According to the law of - when the desired is not available, the available becomes the desired gringrin
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by TrishaP(f): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
1one:

According to the law of - when the desired is not available, the available becomes the desired gringrin
U got that right.
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by talk2riel: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
Always safe the best for the last.

The 1st and last slice are more crunchy.
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by EfemenaXY: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
1one:

Dude is a bread eating veterangringrin

Who?

Me? Or @OP?
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by 1one: 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Who?

Me? Or @OP?

You're the one doing yum yum now tongue

So it's you o grin
Re: Do You Skip The First Slice? by EfemenaXY: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
1one:

You're the one doing yum yum now tongue
So it's you o grin

grin grin

Okay then...

(1) (Reply)

The Spicier Stew Alternative And Stew Enhancer( SHITO SAUCE) / See The Rice I Bought For 500 / Yvonne Nelson Picks Garri As Her Favorite Food.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.