Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? (1145 Views)

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing / Cloud Computing / Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hi I was think out the benefits of cloud computing whereby different computers have access to one system's resources. So I was wondering if one can be able to create a cloud environment offline whereby multiple systems can access the resources of the main system. For example, main system has office 2007 and system a,b,c etc can all have access to the office 2007 software but their work is saved on their own system. Someone spoke of team viewer but the problem of teamviewer is that it controls the mouse which is not what am thinking. Pls is it possible
Re: Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by alienvirus: 1:48am On Oct 19, 2014
hisblud:
Hi I was think out the benefits of cloud computing whereby different computers have access to one system's resources. So I was wondering if one can be able to create a cloud environment offline whereby multiple systems can access the resources of the main system. For example, main system has office 2007 and system a,b,c etc can all have access to the office 2007 software but their work is saved on their own system. Someone spoke of team viewer but the problem of teamviewer is that it controls the mouse which is not what am thinking. Pls is it possible
Yes. It is possible. I have done that several times in my lab.
Re: Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
alienvirus:
Yes. It is possible. I have done that several times in my lab.
wow that's great, how was it possible? Could you be kind 'to share?
Re: Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by alienvirus: 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisblud:
wow that's great, how was it possible? Could you be kind 'to share?
I may not be able to go into details about what I did. But read up or watch video lecture how to setup a Terminal Server and hosts to connect the server. That is all you need to do.
Re: Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
alienvirus:
I may not be able to go into details about what I did. But read up or watch video lecture how to setup a Terminal Server and hosts to connect the server. That is all you need to do.

Thanks, you have shown me the way, will gladly do but pls will ask for your help as I continue. Thank
Re: Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by alienvirus: 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
No problem Sir.
hisblud:

Thanks, you have shown me the way, will gladly do but pls will ask for your help as I continue. Thank
Re: Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 03, 2014
@alienvirus

after doing my research, i was really pleased with what you guided me to do...

now that i have found what i need, i want to ask... can i make a LAN with only a D-Link 8 Port Switch to connect to say 8 systems. i dont want to connect to the internet for now. is it possible? i tried checking and what i get is router connects to the internet...?

Re: Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by alienvirus: 8:02am On Nov 03, 2014
hisblud:
@alienvirus

after doing my research, i was really pleased with what you guided me to do...

now that i have found what i need, i want to ask... can i make a LAN with only a D-Link 8 Port Switch to connect to say 8 systems. i dont want to connect to the internet for now. is it possible? i tried checking and what i get is router connects to the internet...?

Yes you can do that. It is the simplest and easiest thing to do. Just give your systems the same Private IP Address range and the same Subnet mask. You are done.

Router is not necessary in a LAN except when you are connecting to another network eg Internet.

Feel free to ask questions if I am not clear enough.
Re: Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
thank you very much cheesy

(1) (Reply)

A Very Neat And London Used Dell D510 Is For Sale At Very Cheap Price / Do You Really Need To Safely Remove USB Flash Drives? / My Wi-fi Button Refuses To Switch On. Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.