Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? (1927 Views)

Poly Students Design, Construct Chicken Feed Milling Machine In Niger State / Chicken Feed Production / Wheat Flour Milling Machine Can Make Chicken Feed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by FarmTech(m): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
There is currently a serious scarcity in layers and starter feed. But growers and finishers are available. I don't know when this will end, so I've resolve to give my egg layers grower and finisher mash. I'll also add bone meal to complement calcium and phosphorus shortage.

After a calculation using pearson square mtd, I ended up with the following fmla:
1. Finisher: 18kg
2. Grower: 4.9kg
3. Bone meal: 2.3kg
1 and 2 cost N108/kg and N88/kg in my area. I'm yet to find that of bone meal. Using only the cost of 1 and 2, 1 bag will cost N2358.
Note: my calculation is incomplete though. I have balance for crude protein, phosphorus and calcium, but I'm yet to balance for metabolic energy. When I'm done I'll comment it.
So how are you guys coping with the scarcity? Do you have a better solution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Abeg , make poultry peeps enter d thread.
Who has formular for layers local feed?
Re: Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by Rzq4: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
i hope the prob has bn solved in ur area
Re: Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by FarmTech(m): 1:21am On Oct 27, 2014
Rzq4:
i hope the prob has bn solved in ur area
Not yet.
Re: Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by stagger: 1:27am On Oct 27, 2014
You see, these kinds of issues are an opportunity for creative minds to develop solutions to problems and even development brand new feed formulae which can be sold to the market. Time to put on thinking caps for the poultry guys here.

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by Nwogbe: 11:16am On Oct 27, 2014
It is really serious in aba. My birds aren being under fed at d moment hope tins get better soon......
Re: Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by Pavore9: 11:55am On Oct 27, 2014
lt is time to put on the creative cap and come up with a fomula that may turn out cheaper and serving the same purpose! l have come to believe that there is no single solution to anything, so make una start research.
Re: Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by FarmTech(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
Pavore9:
lt is time to put on the creative cap and come up with a fomula that may turn out cheaper and serving the same purpose! l have come to believe that there is no single solution to anything, so make una start research.
Eyes shud be going to byproducts that are wasted - cassava, leaf meals (moringa etc).
Re: Chicken Feed Scarcity: My Solution, What Is Yours? by FarmTech(m): 1:28am On May 01, 2015
Ok bro.

(1) (Reply)

Cocoa Beans For Sale / Wheat Offal Supplier In Ibadan Needed / Used Garri Processing Machines Available for SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.