Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? (2729 Views)

Pele Vs Maradona Vs Zidane Vs Ronaldo Luis Vs Ronaldinho Vs Messi Vs CR7 Vs J.j / Pele Vs Maradona: Who Is Better? / Who Is The Greatest Footballer That Has Ever Come Out Of Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:47am On Oct 19, 2014
so this argument has been on for months or even a few years. some people claim messi has surpassed pele and maradona especially with his outstanding performance at the world cup tho he didn't win it. but others claim either pele or maradona is the best of all time becos messi didn't win the world cup.

what's you opinion on this? I'll start with myself from the first to the third

1) Messi

2) Maradona

3) Pele

what's ur opinion on this? how would you rank them?
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by onuwaje(m): 10:01am On Oct 19, 2014
They were d best of their time
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by seankafor(m): 10:06am On Oct 19, 2014
I don't care

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by lomprico(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2014
pele for now!
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:41am On Oct 19, 2014
onuwaje:
They were d best of their time
I mean of all time, try to compare their performances
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by onuwaje(m): 10:44am On Oct 19, 2014
Baddestguyp:
I mean of all time, try to compare their performances
how can I compare when I can only say I watched Messi?.. the oda two if nt for documentaries I wouldn't know they exist so let's not compare...
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2014
For you to even put Messi up on your list tells it all.
Messi has it

4 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Chanchit: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2014
People that watched three of them play said Messi is No1, eg - Adriano Galliani.
Pele said they are on same level, what does that tell you.
No need to talk about Maradona, bad belle dey worry that one.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by DaGC(m): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
3 great players from 3 different eras of football. Almost impossible to compare. But for me, its
1. Pele

2. Messi

3. Maradona

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Endougs(m): 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
In fifa website he is refered as the king of football.

King pele all the way.
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
Endougs:
In fifa website he is refered as the king of football.

King pele all the way.
what of the other two, who would u grade 2nd and 3rd
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
It makes no sense comparing players of different generations,without pele their would be no Amando,there will be no Atomic flea.
This is like Comparing the Fashion of my grand dad's day(which was d best of his time),to that of my dad$comparing both to My time,it is not ok to do that cause they are d best of different time.
Finally Alfredo Di Stefano is better than all of them.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by IfyAwazie(f): 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
I think its Maradona because dat name was so popular dat it became d nick name of one of our former president.
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
cr7 is even beta dan Messi ...

ronaldinho at his best was beta dan both of dem

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
sexyexcalibur:

did u read d topic at all? pls don't turn this to a ronaldo vs messi thread
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by cr7lomo: 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
Baddestguyp:
did u read d topic at all? pls don't turn this to a ronaldo vs messi thread

So what ? Don't u turn cr7 topics to cr7 vs messi all the time?

Cr7 beta pass messi ......

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
cr7lomo:

So what ? Don't u turn cr7 topics to cr7 vs messi all the time?

Cr7 beta pass messi ......
I don't do that, thanks
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Kunleskey(m): 7:56am On Oct 20, 2014
In my own opiniƶn na pele
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Endougs(m): 8:07am On Oct 20, 2014
Baddestguyp:
what of the other two, who would u grade 2nd and 3rd

i will rate messi above maradona after wining a world cup title.
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by buskie13(m): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2014
sexyexcalibur:

why do u have to reply DAT op dat started watching football in 2005?
he knows nothing....he's just a baseless Barca fan...don't just waste ur precious time again....
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
buskie13:
why do u have to reply DAT op dat started watching football in 2005?
he knows nothing....he's just a baseless Barca fan...don't just waste ur precious time again....
k, you've made ur point. now kindly f out of this thread
Re: Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? by buskie13(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
Baddestguyp:
k, you've made ur point. now kindly f out of this thread
yeah.....i was here.....it's Ronaldo else u sh*t in ur pants......

(1) (Reply)

Fixed Draw Matches / Soccer Predition / 20 Pictures You Can Relate With If You Have Ever Played Bet9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.