Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Airtel Has Stolen My Data O. Thieves! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Has Stolen My Data O. Thieves! (720 Views)

Airtel Has Introduced N100 For 1GB Weekend Data Plan / Good News! Airtel Has Introduced #100 For 1gb Weekend Data Plan / Airtel Has Launched Internet Plans For Android Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Has Stolen My Data O. Thieves! by silvercute(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
I had a data balance of 1743MB as at ten o clock today and right now I checked my data balance only to see 1243 MB. left. This is appalling. I subscribed the hopeless bbs plan two days ago and for little downloads of 10mb I see 120 Mb zapped from my balance.
This is shocking and terrible as I can only term airtel as THIEVES AND NOTHING BUT THIEVES! Their network is terrible and still I get my data siphoned for no reason...

I cannot blame them when the useless NCC ceases to check them and put them in order. mcheew.
Re: Airtel Has Stolen My Data O. Thieves! by asudan: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
silvercute:
I had a data balance of 1743MB as at ten o clock today and right now I checked my data balance only to see 1243 MB. left. This is appalling. I subscribed the hopeless bbs plan two days ago and for little downloads of 10mb I see 120 Mb zapped from my balance.
This is shocking and terrible as I can only term airtel as THIEVES AND NOTHING BUT THIEVES! Their network is terrible and still I get my data siphoned for no reason...

I cannot blame them when the useless NCC ceases to check them and put them in order. mcheew.
Possible solutions to your inquiry
1.Android device consumes more data than u think why because there are applications that runs at the background of your phone without you knowing.possible solution is to root your phone and install apps like droid wall or if you afraid of rooting, then install mobiwol.
2.Airtel catergorical said that they charge N1.5 per kilobite during peak period(from 6a.m to 10p.m) and N1 per kilobite off peak(from 10p.m to 6a.m)
3. Subscribe to their android bundle or port to glo Nigeria which allows bis on android(althought it is illegal)
4.Pictures and phone browser consumes more mb mb so stay clear from them and use them when necessary

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Has Stolen My Data O. Thieves! by nani667: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
one question, did you subscribe on a BlackBerry device ? If no then clearly You're the one responsible for your own problems, if you subscribed for a BlackBerry plan on your Android device then it's normal for your data to be charged double or even triple in some cases.... Airtel clearly stated that subscribing to a BlackBerry plan on a non blackberry device will result in your data being charged differently, and even if they didn't state it it's a BIS plan, it's clearly not meant FOR your device, so there's really no need for all this complaints.....

But if you did subscribe on a BlackBerry OS 7 and below device, then you should complain to their customer care
Re: Airtel Has Stolen My Data O. Thieves! by Slatemsk(m): 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
The same tin happens to me today,but dey av return my data

(1) (Reply)

HELP! I Need To Root My Huawei Phone. / Help!!!..... / Sony Xperia Z4 Tab Goes Official With A 10.1-inch Display A Snapdragon 810 Chip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.