Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? (1369 Views)

Have You Ever Think Of The Judgement Day? / I Dont Think Their Is .......GOD / I Dont Thm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
Genesis 3:19 reads " in the sweat of YOUR face YOU will eat bread until YOU return to the Ground, for out of it YOU were taken. For Dust YOU are and to dust YOU will return" ..... But som pple will tell you that this verse refer to Adam's Flesh only to prove religious afterlife:::: but the question remains: WHO IS THE YOU IN THIS VERSE ?

1 Like

Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
Can somone say who exactly that " You" refers to ??
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
The "you" in that Bible verse refers to Adam himself and not something inside Adam's body. There's a phrase that is said often by church leaders today, it goes like this: "The body is just a container, we are what is inside it." It cannot be supported with the Bible because that thought is not found anywhere in the Holy scriptures.

That very idea gained popularity because it was part of the teaching of the Greek philosopher, Plato.

Adam is the "you" in Gen 3:19 and not something inside him.
According to the Bible, when a man dies, he goes back to the dust where he was taken.
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
My dear , the only thing that's bigger than you is simply what you don't know. Man is a spirit & he lives in a body. God relates/communicates with your spirit not ur physical body. Your body is the house of ur spirit. There are many scriptures that dealt with this issue such as 2corithians 5:1-5. Even Jesus said to His disciples ," Don't be afraid of those wu can kill the body but cannot kill the spirit. But rather be afraid of God who can both kil ur body & render ur spirit useless". Read 1st thessalonia 5:23., 2corithians4:16, says though outward man (physical bodies perish due to persecution ) , yet the inward man(your spirit) is renewed day by day. Hebrew 4:12, 1corithians 14 :14. Romans 8:14 says the Spirit Himself beareth witness with our spirits that we ar the children of God. Proverb 20:27 says the spirit of man is the candle of the Lord , searching all the inward of the belly. Study to show ursef approved unto God 2timothy 2:15

1 Like

Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by honourhim: 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
CANTICLES:
Genesis 3:19 reads " in the sweat of YOUR face YOU will eat bread until YOU return to the Ground, for out of it YOU were taken. For Dust YOU are and to dust YOU will return" ..... But som pple will tell you that this verse refer to Adam's Flesh only to prove religious afterlife:::: but the question remains: WHO IS THE YOU IN THIS VERSE ?

Engaging in foolish debate over this issue is a waste of precious time. Experience is the best teacher. Dont worry yourself, when you die(as we all will die someday), you will know whether you have believed and preached a lie or not. And I pity you if when you leave this world you discover that there is actually an afterlife, then sorry for you. Engaging in series of argument will not change what is on ground so why waste our time?

2 Likes

Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by Alexk2(m): 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
BIBLESPEAKS
post=27335638]The "you" in that Bible verse refers to Adam himself and
not something inside Adam's body. There's a phrase that is said often by
church leaders today, it goes like this: "The body is just a container,
we are what is inside it." It cannot be supported with the Bible
because that thought is not found anywhere in the Holy scriptures.

That very idea gained popularity because it was part of the teaching of
the Greek philosopher, Plato.

bro., u re wrong...man is a spirit who lives in a body(container) and possess a soul. the body is what dies and decay. it is the part that relate with the physical world.
The spirit never dies bt lives on after the body's death. It is d spirit that either goes to HELL or Heaven. The spirit is what relate with the spiritual world(we relate to God only through our Spirit).

The soul is your conscience, mind.

1 Like

Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
Alexk2:

bro., u re wrong...man is a spirit who lives in a body(container) and possess a soul
a scripture to support this claim pls,
the body is what dies and decay. it is the part that relate with the physical world.
The spirit never dies bt lives on after the body's death. It is d spirit that either goes to HELL or Heaven. The spirit is what relate with the spiritual world(we relate to God only through our Spirit).
what is the spirit in man ??

The soul is your conscience, mind.

this is not scriptural
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
prekumohtim:
My dear , the only thing that's bigger than you is simply what you don't know. Man is a spirit & he lives in a body. God relates/communicates with your spirit not ur physical body. Your body is the house of ur spirit. There are many scriptures that dealt with this issue such as 2corithians 5:1-5. Even Jesus said to His disciples ," Don't be afraid of those wu can kill the body but cannot kill the spirit. But rather be afraid of God who can both kil ur body & render ur spirit useless". Read 1st thessalonia 5:23., 2corithians4:16, says though outward man (physical bodies perish due to persecution ) , yet the inward man(your spirit) is renewed day by day. Hebrew 4:12, 1corithians 14 :14. Proverb 20:27 says the spirit of man is the candle of the Lord , searching all the inward of the belly. Study to show ursef approved unto God 2timothy 2:15
What Is refered to as Spirit in man and animals ??
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2014
What most church goers fail to understand is that those who uphold the view that man is a spirit in flesh container are actually supporting The Devil .... Ask Why ? Ask dem what is spirit/soul they will say " its the real person" !! Okay, If Adam and Eve are spirit beings in flesh form , Satan will be right when he said to them " You Shall Surely Not Die" GEN 3:4 and indeed that theory shows d real demselves neva die as satan said , they only pull out their flesh like cloths ..... And so, live forever !!!! HAVE You believe this lie that u wont die and cease to exist as u are before ur birth until future resurection ?? This doctrine kills resurection of the dead totally
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
BIBLESPEAKS:

According to the Bible, when a man dies, he goes back to the dust where he was taken.
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 9:08am On Oct 22, 2014
honourhim:

Engaging in foolish debate over this issue is a waste of precious time. Experience is the best teacher. Dont worry yourself, when you die(as we all will die someday), you will know whether you have believed and preached a lie or not. And I pity you if when you leave this world you discover that there is actually an afterlife, then sorry for you. Engaging in series of argument will not change what is on ground so why waste our time?
.... Nothing is on ground , every creature dies , " for He (God) well knows how we are formed, remembering that WE ARE DUST " !!! PSALM 103:14 ., remove the wool from ur eyes ; who is the "YOU" in genesis 3:19 ??
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by urheme: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2014
CANTICLES:

the usual practice is; when a man dies he is buried, this does not mean that man was made from dust,
any thing that dies goes to dust, be it plant or animal; are they made from dust too?

the garden of Eden scenario is a religion mythology or should I say religion parables for deluding the minds of believers.

God never had any conversation with any man more or less course anybody.

Op, is it unusual for a man to work and sweat to eat and feed his family and then died and be buried?
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by honourhim: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2014
CANTICLES:
.... Nothing is on ground , every creature dies , " for He (God) well knows how we are formed, remembering that WE ARE DUST " !!! PSALM 103:14 ., remove the wool from ur eyes ; who is the "YOU" in genesis 3:19 ??

You are just deceiving yourself. I ve quoted verses to show you your errors in a similar thread but you chose to wallow in your false teachings.
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2014
honourhim:

You are just deceiving yourself. I ve quoted verses to show you your errors in a similar thread but you chose to wallow in your false teachings.
What is he saying , is that the answer to the question I asked !! Ur conscience is tellin you that your answer to that question may expose u , advocates of devil immortal soul " you (humans) shall surely not die" Gen 3:4 , that doctrine is a pure lie beacause Adam and Eve are nowhere to be found in the entire universe God said dey will ceased to exist completely, he confirms it saying " in the sweat of your face, u shall eat till you go back to the ground, for out of it you are taken, you are dust and to dust you shall return " Gen 3:19
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by Alexk2(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2014
CANTICLES:
a scripture to support this claim pls,
Heb. 4:12..quoting frm the b part.."it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow..." the bible wont be rendered this way if the body, soul and spirit are not well difined differently. also., Romans 8:1-27 trows more light to the difference btw the body/flesh and spirit. here is verse 10.."but if Christ is in you, your BODY is dead because of sin, yet your SPIRIT is alive because of righteousness"...I hope this is clearer to you now. Your body or flesh is dead when your spirit is alive through the active working of the Holy Spirit in you and the body/flesh must die one day and decay but the Spirit lives on to face Judgement(Matt.10:29)...what is important here is that our mortal body/flesh goes back to the dust but the spirit man returns to answer questns from the maker...
I need not talk abt consciense coz i'm sure you knw much about that

what is the spirit in man??
this is nt scriptural
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by honourhim: 11:04am On Oct 22, 2014
CANTICLES:
What is he saying , is that the answer to the question I asked !! Ur conscience is tellin you that your answer to that question may expose u ,

You are the one that his conscience is worrying. You are afraid of hell that's why you chose to massage your emotions with your false teaching.

That's why you are madly opening similar threads here and there as if that will change what is on ground.

If you can't believe the teachings of Jesus on this issue then you be wayo.
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2014
honourhim:

You are the one that his conscience is worrying. You are afraid of hell that's why you chose to massage your emotions with your false teaching.

That's why you are madly opening similar threads here and there as if that will change what is on ground.

If you can't believe the teachings of Jesus on this issue then you be wayo.
.....christ wasnt contradicting this truths , If you dont understand this truths , u will never understand Christ Teachings , !!! For ur info , christ neva used the word ' hell' or 'hellfire' .... He uses Greek /gehe'nna/ a refuse dumping site in isreal, known in hebrew as ' valley of hinnom' #historical fact# try reading ur encyclopedia's and reasearch this fact about /gehen'na/ wich catholic church render hell to scare converts and control the masses
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2014
Alexk2:

Heb. 4:12..quoting frm the b part.."it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow..." the bible wont be rendered this way if the body, soul and spirit are not well difined differently. also., Romans 8:1-27 trows more light to the difference btw the body/flesh and spirit. here is verse 10.."but if Christ is in you, your BODY is dead because of sin, yet your SPIRIT is alive because of righteousness"...I hope this is clearer to you now. Your body or flesh is dead when your spirit is alive through the active working of the Holy Spirit in you and the body/flesh must die one day and decay but the Spirit lives on to face Judgement(Matt.10:29)...what is important here is that our mortal body/flesh goes back to the dust but the spirit man returns to answer questns from the maker.
Rom 8:10 and 11 is about holyspirit of God NOT d spirit in man and animals , Do u understand this things uv write ..dont forget animals av spirit too (ecc 3:19)!
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by Alexk2(m): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
CANTICLES.
Rom 8:10 and 11 is about holyspirit of
God NOT d spirit in man and animals , Do u understand this things uv
write ..dont forget animals av spirit too (ecc 3:19)!

This is where i'll stop coz u are nt ready to look through the bible. If you are a Christian, i trust God to reveal the issue to you but i beg you to be willing and if you arent a Christian, He'll touch you all by Himself.!..peace!
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by paulGrundy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
Alexk2:

This is where i'll stop coz u are nt ready to look through the bible. If you are a Christian, i trust God to reveal the issue to you but i beg you to be willing and if you arent a Christian, He'll touch you all by Himself.!..peace!

I would rather you don't waste your time argueing with the OP, he is busy doing copying and paste from a small book titled- reasoning from the scriptures
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
What most church goers fail to understand is that those who uphold the view that man is a spirit in flesh container are actually supporting The Devil .... Ask Why ? Ask dem what is spirit/soul they will say " its the real person" !! Okay, If Adam and Eve are spirit beings in flesh form , Satan will be right when he said to them " You Shall Surely Not Die" GEN 3:4 and indeed that theory shows d real demselves neva die as satan said , they only pull out their flesh like cloths ..... And so, live forever !!!! HAVE You believe this lie that u wont die and cease to exist as uv ceased to exist before ur birth, until future resurection ?? This doctrine kills resurection of the dead totally
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2014
The original-language terms for "soul"(Hebrew - ne'phesh and Greek - psy.khe) as used in the scripture show "soul" to be a person, an animal, or the life that a person or an animal enjoys.

The Bible shows that the soul is not something inside a person; the soul is the very person himself. For example, when God created Adam, “the man came to be a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7) Adam was not given a soul; he was a soul, a complete person.

Consequently, we read that souls are born. (Genesis 46:18) They can eat or fast. (Leviticus 7:20; Psalm 35:13) They weep and faint away. (Jeremiah 13:17; Jonah 2:7) Souls can be kidnapped, pursued, and put in irons. (Deuteronomy 24:7; Psalm 7:5; 105:18) Some Bibles render the original-language word as “soul” in those verses, while others use the words “being,” “creature,” or “person.” All mean the same thing.

Since the soul is the person, when a person dies, the soul dies. Ezekiel 18:4 says: “The soul that is sinning—it itself will die.” Also, Acts 3:23 says: “Any soul [or, person] that does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.” So the soul is not something that survives the death of the body.

The spirit(in Hebrew - ru'ach and Greek - pneuma) refers to the lif-force of the living creature or soul. The spirit is not the same as the soul. In humans, the spirit is the life-force that enables them to perform the activities of life. The spirit is like electricity. Electricity can run a fan or a refrigerator but cannot by itself move the air or make things cold. In the same way, our spirit enables us to see, hear, and think. But the spirit itself can do none of those things without the eyes, ears, or brain. That is why the Bible says of man: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”—Psalm 146:4.

According to the Bible, therefore, neither the soul nor the spirit leaves the body at death to continue life in the spirit realm.

CONDITION OF THE DEAD

What, then, is the condition of the dead? Since God is the one who created humans, he also knows what happens to us when we die. His Word teaches that the dead are lifeless, unable to hear, see, speak, or think anything. The Bible says:
● “The dead . . . are conscious of nothing at all.”—Ecclesiastes 9:5.
● “Their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished.”—Ecclesiastes 9:6.
● “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in [the grave], the place to which you are going.”—Ecclesiastes 9:10.

Think about what the Bible says about our first ancestor, Adam. God formed Adam “out of dust from the ground.” (Genesis 2:7) If Adam had obeyed God's law, he would have lived forever in happiness on earth. However, Adam disobeyed God’s law, and the penalty was death. Where did Adam go at death? God said to him: “You [will] return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”—Genesis 3:19.

Where was Adam before God created him from the dust? He was nowhere. He did not exist. So when God said that Adam would “return to the ground,” He meant that Adam would again become lifeless, like the dust. Adam did not live on in the spirit world. He did not ‘cross over’ to the realm of ancestral spirits. He did not go to heaven or hell. He returned to a state of lifelessness; he ceased to exist.

Does the same thing happen to humans in general? Yes, it does. The Bible explains: “[Both humans and animals] are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust.”—Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20.

Any teaching asides from this has its roots not in the Bible.

The Bible also promises that God will awaken dead ones to life on a paradise earth. (John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15) But that time is yet future. Presently, they are asleep in death. (John 11:11-14)

The teaching of the resurrection and the immortality of the human soul or spirit are, in fact, incompartable. If something inside us survived death, what need would there be for a resurrection? Lazarus' sister Martha did not belive that when her brother died, he continued to exist in a spirit realm. She had faith in the resurrection. When Jesus assured her: "your brother will rise", Martha said: "I know he will rise in the ressurection on the last day." (John 11:23, 24) And when brought back to life, Lazarus did not relate any experiences of an afterlife. He had been dead. Las for the dead, they are concious of nothing at all," states th Bible. "There is not work nor devising nor knowledge in the grave, the place to which you are going" - Eccl 9:5, 10

The idea that we do not really die is a lie spread by Satan the Devil. To convince people of this lie, he and his demons try to make people think that sickness and other problems are caused by spirits of the dead. It is true that some troubles are caused by the demons themselves. And it is true that some troubles have no supernatural cause. But it is not true that harm can come to us from those who are sleeping in death.

There is yet another way the demons try to make people think that what the Bible says about death is wrong. They deceive people into thinking that they have seen or talked with the dead. The demons do this through visions, dreams, spirit mediums, or other means. However, people contact, not dead ones, but demons who pretend to be people who have died. That is why God strongly condemns spirit mediums and those who inquire of the dead.—Deuteronomy 18:10-12; Zechariah 10:2.
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by CANTICLES: 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2014
Jesus wept at the graveyard ..... Martha herself neva believes her brother lives on in the spirit world , SHE HAD FAITH IN THE FUTURE RESURECTION , she was fully convinced of the promised resurection when Jesus said : "your brother will rise" ... Martha " i know that he will rise in the RESSURECTION at the last days" john 11: 23,24 !! And when the dead man rise, he gave no account of an afterlife , why ? " as for the DEAD (person who don die) , they know nothing at all" ecc 9:5,10 !! He was unconscious while dead until Jesus makes him rise the 4th day
Re: I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? by paulGrundy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
CANTICLES:
What most church goers fail to understand is that those who uphold the view that man is a spirit in flesh container are actually supporting The Devil .... Ask Why ? Ask dem what is spirit/soul they will say " its the real person" !! Okay, If Adam and Eve are spirit beings in flesh form , Satan will be right when he said to them " You Shall Surely Not Die" GEN 3:4 and indeed that theory shows d real demselves neva die as satan said , they only pull out their flesh like cloths ..... And so, live forever !!!! HAVE You believe this lie that u wont die and cease to exist as uv ceased to exist before ur birth, until future resurection ?? This doctrine kills resurection of the dead totally

@CANTICLES, I do not normally engage watchtower followers on a doctrinal discussion neither do I comment on their threads. But In your case i broke my rule because of the Genuiune passion you have for the truth.

@viewers of topic,
CANTICLES indeed raised a very good point @bolded, in which logically speaking he has a point. In fact he did demonstrate that he studies the scriptures outside "studies in the scriptures”.
The problem have with the bolded is that if we are to accept his line of thought, it would make it seem as if jesus was also lieing too.

John 6:51
 “I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world”.

It would mean that jesus and satan are liars.

For those who believe in the concept of spirit and body, does it mean Satan is telling the truth?
NO because satan was lieing about spiritual death or eternal seperation from God. From the moment they obeyed him they died spiritualy. The problem is that the OP, interpreted the Genesis text out of context.

(1) (Reply)

Terrorists Will Nuke New York City-collected Intelligence And Serious Prophetic / "666": The Mark Of The Beast DECODED / Pray 4 Nigeria Pray 4 Lebanon Pray 4 Paris As D Muslims Slaughter, Keep Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.