Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

I Was Never Sacked By NFF, Says Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was Never Sacked By NFF, Says Keshi (477 Views)

Keshi Sacked By NFF / Nigeria’s Super Eagles Ready For Congo,says Keshi / Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Never Sacked By NFF, Says Keshi by Mayor21(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
The former Super Eagles handler has laughed off claims that he was fired by the Nigeria Football Federation.
Coach Stephen Keshi has dismissed claims that he was fired by the Nigeria Football Federation. The ‘Big boss’ was shown the exit door despite leading Nigeria to a 3-1 win against Sudan on Wednesday.
According to him, he was never sacked by the Nigeria football governing body because he had no contract with them.
"I am not happy with the way media people are reporting this to the public, because I don't understand how you would fire someone that has no contract,” Keshi told supersport.com.
"My contract expired after the World Cup in Brazil, and I never made any effort for my contract to be renewed because of so many issues on the ground.
"I have accepted my fate, and I would move on with my life, but I want to make it clear that I was never sacked because I had no contract.”
The former Mali and Togo handler also rubbished reports that he said three African countries had showed interest in him to take charge of their national team.
"I have never told anybody that three African countries are looking for me, and as far as I'm concerned, no nation has called me for any talk.
"I know Nigeria would qualify for the 2015 Nations Cup because we have the players that can do the job, but they need a lot of encouragement and support from Nigerians and I wish them good luck in their next two games,” he concluded.
Keshi led the Super Eagles to win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa and also to a round of 16 finish at the 2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil.

Re: I Was Never Sacked By NFF, Says Keshi by mummyson26(m): 12:59am On Oct 20, 2014
Incase

(1) (Reply)

Real Boss Barça To Take Clásico / Watch Fury Movie A Relentless / AFCON: Keshi Has Been Reinstated, And He Recalls Ike Uche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.