Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

02 : The Last Phantom - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 02 : The Last Phantom (879 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

02 : The Last Phantom by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 20, 2014
TITLE - 02 : The last Phantom

GENRE - Thriller/ Spy fiction

AUTHOR - Amenbaby

All rights Reserved © 2014
This story is a work of
fiction.Names,characters,places and incidents are
the author's imagination or are used
fictitiously.Any resemblance to actual events or
locale,persons,living or dead,is entirely
COINCIDENTAL.

Everyone is welcome to the show.
Kimmo(f), Joebeck(f), pmc01(m), mizjules(f),
Nostradamus, Solphiequeen(f), white mosquito(f),
spicyuzo(m), 2bey(m), 9slick(m), slimfredo(m),
Bertadayz(f), omowolewa, nu-well(m), sammyhoe,
miss.terious(f), ANDREW2EIC(m), imohcyril(m),
shegzi(m), flames77(m), t_time(m), straneur(m),
PoetWritefield(m), Mr Ben Sun, Layiwoo(m),
Mistically(f), KabukiSensei(m), Jayses(m),
Brite02(m), eyezik3(m), Mutaino7(m), Professor
D.(m), mZ sleeq(f), drollster, adepink(f), fab_nikky
(f), Law-confessor, Oluwason(m), larrysun,
coonax(f), Wealthyone(f), seundex(m), ivyy(f),
Mighty Fortress, seankay(m), Ishilove,
JeffreyJamez(m), matthew briggs, standd, mumZ,
candy, sexy sapphire, nimen, xplicity1,
3dimension, jumaiM, damex333, oluwason, c'est
moi, pastor olu T, cold faya, et al.
YOu are all welcome.

1 Like

Re: 02 : The Last Phantom by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
*watching with corner eye*
Re: 02 : The Last Phantom by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
CHAPTER ONE

Naples, Italy.

"On the BBC breaking news today the whole world watches as the Italian dream goes up in flames following the latest attacks on its second tallest building; The Telecom italia tower and one of its aircraft carriers; The Fss Morumbi battleship. The terrorist identified as Vagan has taken credit in a video clip on youtube" said the newscaster in a very eloquent voice. The screen changed to show the scene -- The charred remains of vehicles and dead bodies filled a well paved parking lot. The Telecom italia tower was completely covered in flames.

Firefighters made almost superhuman attempts to control the flames, the Paramedics were not left out as ambulances drove in to the rescue in order to salvage the situation. The wailing of sirens, barking of commands and smell of sulfur filled the air. Onlookers gathered talking in small groups.

The Telecom italia tower was a 27 floor building panned with glass, it served a lot of economic purposes. The top floor had a panoramic view of the city, a mini-bar and a mast that served as a lighthouse to the nearby port of naples in the night. A group of CIA operatives were believed to be having a meeting there at the time the attack took place.

"I saw it all, i was on the top floor chilling with some friends when a really fast jet flew a little too low and a cylinder like stuff...yeah a bomb began dropping. I panicked and jumped off... yeah, i fell into a swimming pool, i have fractures though but my friends are dead now
...I'm happy to be alive, the perpetrators of this act should be brought to book" said a man who was given the chance to speak, he laid down on the ambulance stretcher with his leg bandaged. He sobbed internintently as he narrated his ordeal.

"The attack was carried out by a bomber jet hijacked from the Fss Morumbi aircraft carrier battleship after it was infiltrated, the aircraft was found crashed and empty at the outskirt of the city. Information from the blackbox deduces that the pilot got out" continued the voice of the reporter. The screen switched to the mediterranean sea where a vessel was burning like a giant bonfire and slowly receding into the deep waters of the sea.

"I bet nobody saw this coming, whoever Vagan is; he or she planned this attack down to the last detail. But why would anyone want to do such a thing...I don't understand" added a General by the name of Slocum Kinner when he was addressed.He looked young and was handsome--his skin was smooth but he was given away by his grey coloured curvy moustache that disclosed his age of seventy-two. He was well decked in his green military suit and shiny leather shoes. An array of medals-- purple heart, medal of honors and stars were arranged on his pocket and shoulders. On his head a green beret helped to hide his baldness.

The screen went blank as someone switched of the small sized TV. The room rocked as the boat went through tough waves.

"So we are on the mediterrenean, lets catch fish and go before we get caught in this mess" thought Momo as he left the room. He was the one who turned off the TV.

The bright light of the sun made him squirt his eyes as he opened the door and entered the deck of the fishing boat. Two people wearing rubber clothing and glass were looking at a large trawling net, water would splash on their faces whenever the boat rocked. They were his mother and elder brother. His brother used to be a nurse until he got fired, he would often boast of being very good at his former job and would try to perform on his wise younger brother who would always opt to be taken to a hospital. Momo was the youngest of the lot and loved exempting himself from the laborious work of fishing while watching TV and daydreaming.

"Looks like the lazy tortoise left his shell" his mother would say anytime he came out. She instructed him to help pull out the heavy net, they had made a big catch. Momo heaved a sign of relief, he was happy to be given the simplest job. He walked to the other side of the boat and cranked an engine that works like a crane. The net was yanked out of the water. Saline water dripped from it as it came overhead into the boat. Momo was about to drop it a tank of squirming aquatic life when the water suddenly turned red. He looked at it closely, it was blood.

He quickly called the attention of his elder brother, Rossi, and his mother, Mrs Soriano. Momo lowered the net before discovering the source of the precious liquid, he immediately became petrified, he always had an uncanny feeling that they would get into a mess today. Rossi didn't waste time in pushing Momo away, soon he was joined by his mother.

Staring them in the face was the swollen and bloated body of a man. Mrs Soriano shivered, she hoped he wasn't dead. Rossi carried the body down, it was bleeding profusely from a deep injury on the forehead. He bent down and checked, the heart was still beating. Without thinking anything else, he dashed into the cabin room to get the first aid kit he always carried along for emergencies leaving Momo and Mrs Soriano.

The man opened his eyes looking upwards. It was a look of bloodthirst and hunger to kill. Momo quickly took a few steps backwards. Before he could do anything, a tough hand stretched out and grabbed his mother by the leg.

(so that's it for now)
Re: 02 : The Last Phantom by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer for the year...and Writers come and vote your best readers...
The other best thing is that you can vote yourself...
Come on be fast
. Vote at the link below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriters
Re: 02 : The Last Phantom by Cestmoi1(f): 12:25am On Nov 19, 2014
amenbaby:
TITLE - 02 : The last Phantom

GENRE - Thriller/ Spy fiction

AUTHOR - Amenbaby

All rights Reserved © 2014
This story is a work of
fiction.Names,characters,places and incidents are
the author's imagination or are used
fictitiously.Any resemblance to actual events or
locale,persons,living or dead,is entirely
COINCIDENTAL.

Everyone is welcome to the show.
Kimmo(f), Joebeck(f), pmc01(m), mizjules(f),
Nostradamus, Solphiequeen(f), white mosquito(f),
spicyuzo(m), 2bey(m), 9slick(m), slimfredo(m),
Bertadayz(f), omowolewa, nu-well(m), sammyhoe,
miss.terious(f), ANDREW2EIC(m), imohcyril(m),
shegzi(m), flames77(m), t_time(m), straneur(m),
PoetWritefield(m), Mr Ben Sun, Layiwoo(m),
Mistically(f), KabukiSensei(m), Jayses(m),
Brite02(m), eyezik3(m), Mutaino7(m), Professor
D.(m), mZ sleeq(f), drollster, adepink(f), fab_nikky
(f), Law-confessor, Oluwason(m), larrysun,
coonax(f), Wealthyone(f), seundex(m), ivyy(f),
Mighty Fortress, seankay(m), Ishilove,
JeffreyJamez(m), matthew briggs, standd, mumZ,
candy, sexy sapphire, nimen, xplicity1,
3dimension, jumaiM, damex333, oluwason, c'est
moi, pastor olu T, cold faya, et al.
YOu are all welcome.
Too late to join? Just saw this...
Re: 02 : The Last Phantom by Nimen(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2014
Shiat... This is good, thanks for tagging... Takes the first seat.
Please bring it home, its not an American film abi? Just bring it home
Re: 02 : The Last Phantom by Nostradamus: 11:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hmm!nice storyline,amenbaby,fire dey go,i gat ur back
Re: 02 : The Last Phantom by Shadowbean(m): 6:15am On Nov 21, 2014
TAKES SEAT IN VIP SECTION - waiting tins o!
Re: 02 : The Last Phantom by pmc01(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2014
Cestmoi1:

Too late to join? Just saw this...

Present! I'm sorry I'm late.

(1) (Reply)

Round In A Hole...... Short Story By Drabeey / No One Told Me This About Unemployment / Excerpt Of My Yet To Be Published Book (what's Your Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.