Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1705 Views)

Catholics: Come In Let's Discuss. / A Thread For Catholics / Don't Let The Catholic Faith Deter You From The Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by johnydon22(m): 7:17am On Oct 20, 2014
-------------
-------------
-------------
Re: . by 5solas(m): 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
johnydon22:
This trend is for fellow catholics, ask questions of what you do not understand in the catholic doctrine and i will answer.
i.e: Any other person can also help and answer a question they know
Really? grin Thought you were an atheist.
Re: . by Ifeann(f): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
johnydon22:
This trend is for fellow catholics, ask questions of what you do not understand in the catholic doctrine and i will answer.

Have u joined the Muslims in the use of deceptive al Taqiyya. U are an atheist remember?

1 Like

Re: . by MuttleyLaff: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Why and what was the rationale behind moving the day of rest from the seventh day of the week to the first day of the week?
Who, precisely sanctioned this move?
When, where and how exactly, after the death of Christ, was this move sanctioned?
Under what authority (e.g. whether it was based on bible or not) was this move carried out?
Re: . by johnydon22(m): 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
5solas:

Really? grin Thought you were an atheist.

Lol you guys fail to know that most atheists were once theists huh? You were not as religious as i was then..... i am an agnostic atheist now....i was a catholic and this is a very old thread.. dont know how you guys resurected it again.. anyway i still know much about catholicsm tho.. anyway click the link on ma signature and enjoy the story written by me..smiley
Re: . by johnydon22(m): 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ifeann:

Have u joined the Muslims in the use of deceptive al Taqiyya. U are an atheist remember?

This was an old thread... I am proudly an agnostic atheist now grin (humanism is my opinion) planet earth is my church, fellow humans are my parishes... hope you get it now wink... anyway click the link below and read my story..
Re: . by 5solas(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol you guys fail to know that most atheists were once theists huh?
grin

You were not as religious as i was then.....
You might be very wrong. You will be very surprised if I told you some of the things I have been through.

i am an agnostic atheist now.... i was a catholic and this is a very old thread.. dont know how you guys resurected it again.. anyway i still know much about catholicsm tho..
Ok. Catholicism! Churning out atheists in their millions. And you would think you have seen it all.
You most likely have never been there. Anyway let's continue to rub minds. Went to check if you had a catholic background. grin grin grin
anyway click the link on ma signature and enjoy the story written by me..smiley
0k, thanks.
Re: . by Ifeann(f): 6:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
johnydon22:

This was an old thread... I am proudly an agnostic atheist now grin (humanism is my opinion) planet earth is my church, fellow humans are my parishes... hope you get it now wink... anyway click the link below and read my story..

Lol..
That ur post was from Oct last year. ..u were ready to defend ur Catholic faith..

I always knew u were new to the atheist fold...
Re: . by johnydon22(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ifeann:

Lol..
That ur post was from Oct last year. ..u were ready to defend ur Catholic faith..

I was agnostic then tho, buh still clinged to christiandom due to sentimental attachments... we all go through that phase .. grin
Re: . by Ifeann(f): 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
johnydon22:

I was agnostic then tho, buh still clinged to christiandom due to sentimental attachments... we all go through that phase .. grin

Ok.. i see
Re: . by MuttleyLaff: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Ifeann:

Lol..

Didnt even take note of the date that the original thread was from October 2014
No wonder I briefly doubted the legitimacy of the thread and its title as it originated from OP

Agnostic atheist, right, a combo, must be insatiable
If you're unable to hang and air the dirty linen here, doubt anyone is going to click on any link put here or elsewhere to read your story
There is always coming to oneself and returning back after the prodigal, rebellion and wilderness experience
Re: . by Ifeann(f): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Didnt even take note of the date that the original thread was from October 2014
No wonder I briefly doubted the legitimacy of the thread and its title as it originated from OP

Agnostic atheist, right, a combo, must be insatiable
If you're unable to hang and air the dirty linen here, doubt anyone is going to click on any link put here or elsewhere to read your story
There is always coming to oneself and returning back after the prodigal, rebellion and wilderness experience

Lol I didn't even notice that he addressed himself as an agnostic atheist humanist ..phewwww.

Like I said before he is very new to athesim and I took note of him after seeing several comments of him mocking thiests and posting a silly pic of combating religious folks. I am not interested in reading his story.
Re: . by ValentineMary(m): 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Why and what was the rationale behind moving the day of rest from the seventh day of the week to the first day of the week?
When, where and how exactly, after the death of Christ, was this move sanctioned?
Under what authority (e.g. whether it was based on bible or not) was this move carried out?
I am agonistic but once catholic also. The day of rest was. moved to Sunday because Christians believe Christ resurrected on Sunday. Now following the church magisterium, the apostles moved it to Sunday that is why every Sunday is actually Easter but the one after Lent is special.
cool
MuttleyLaff:

I am agonistic but once catholic also. The day of rest was. moved to Sunday because Christians believe Christ resurrected on Sunday. Now following the church magisterium, the apostles moved it to Sunday that is why every Sunday is actually Easter but the one after Lent is special.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:

...as much as we all go through the atheist phase and will return back when seeing that combining fides et ratio aint impossible at all and even more plausible. That's where the journey really becomes exciting and worth it to go for.

You got my sympathy anyway, any phase ;-).

(1) (Reply)

Can God Rain Fish? (pics) / Whose Image Are You? / The Robot Vs The Atheist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.