Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Ways To Improve My Spoken English. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ways To Improve My Spoken English. (510 Views)

Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In The World. Where Do Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo Rank? / Nigerian Pidgin English Becoming More Popular And Spoken In African Countries / Practical Ways To Improve Your Spoken English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Improve My Spoken English. by Hadizam: 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
Please, I need help from my able Nairalanders on the possible ways/ methods that will help me improve my oral English. I am a graduate but my spoken English is fairly good and I want to become extremely fluent when speaking English.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Ways To Improve My Spoken English. by godsamist: 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
Gud day friend,quiet understand your plight..My humble advice is read..Read..Read..Read anything you can lay your hands on...Read beyond what u normally read both good and bad writings try soughting out the difference.
Don't be ashame to ask questions where your lost.
Visit forums participate in discusion or rather read the post of others,make your observations
Lastly,buy a small,notebook in keeping records of new words and there meanings.
Digest the afforementioned..More tip later!
Shallom!

1 Like

Re: Ways To Improve My Spoken English. by Hadizam: 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
Great, thank you so much I really appreciate your advice/contribution.
Re: Ways To Improve My Spoken English. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
I would advise you watch a couple of decent orators on film and shadow everything you hear to work on your diction. The remains of the day & The grand Budapest hotel are a good stat. Books are good, very good, but if you cannot speak properly then whats the point of knowing all those big words?
Re: Ways To Improve My Spoken English. by Hadizam: 7:53am On Oct 21, 2014
Great! I am grateful will try it and hope it will work for me.

(1) (Reply)

Three Generals Escape Death As Boko Haram Intensifies Attacks On Adamawa Village / 15 People Drown As Bus Plunge Into River In Sokoto / Obasanjo Shuns Jonathan's Second-term Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.