Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,754 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? (6876 Views)

Top 5 NIGERIAN Owned Brand Phones And Tablets / Epix Mega I And Epix Mega II Windows Tablets From Slot And Jumia In Nigeria / Smartphones And Tablets Harbour More Germs Than A Toilet Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
I could remember reading on the net, and even here on Nairaland, some time ago about some tablet PCs and tables phones produced in Nigeria. So many of us welcomed the development and hoped to acquire one soon. We heard of products like Ovim, Inye, Bamboo, MINDA, etc.
I tried searching the net for info on how and where to buy some of these products but I could not get something reasonable or current.
What happened? Are these products no more in the market or they dont have distributors?
Anyone who has bought or used any of the Nigerian made tablets pls share your experience. And please let us know where and how much you bought it.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by delishpot: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
KingIOb:
I could remember reading on the net, and even here on Nairaland, some time ago about some tablet PCs and tables phones produced in Nigeria. So many of us welcomed the development and hoped to acquire one soon. We heard of products like Ovim, Inye, Bamboo, MINDA, etc.
I tried searching the net for info on how and where to buy some of these products but I could not get something reasonable or current.
What happened? Are these products no more in the market or they dont have distributors?
Anyone who has bought or used any of the Nigerian made tablets pls share your experience. And please let us know where and how much you bought it.

Bros all na wash. Besides you know say naija lack mantainance culture. As soon as dem snap that photo put for paper finish, all man wakA no look back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by eraly(m): 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
Na ttttrrrruuuuuueeeeeee oooo........

Good question. You just reminded me.

Waiting patiently for answers
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
MINDA.. Hehehehehe Manufactured in Niger Delta
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
At least someone must have bought or used one of these Nigerian made tablets.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
Go buy yourself better tablet and stop waiting for made in Nigeria tab. All na wash
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by lawrenceunaa: 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
minda undecided

naija no serious for technology tongue
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
Wisdomkosi:
Go buy yourself better tablet and stop waiting for made in Nigeria tab. All na wash

When the news about MINDA broke, they said it's as good as Samsung or Nokia.
Airtel even sold the Bamboo tablets in their shops.
Someone must have at least bought or used any of these gadgets. Pls come share your experience.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Still waiting for answers.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
With the way China and India, who are in the same category with Nigeria, are producing phones and tablets that are even marketed in Nigeria, I felt that our own Nigerian made ones would also sell here. After all, they were made with Nigeria in mind.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
eraly:
Na ttttrrrruuuuuueeeeeee oooo........

Good question. You just reminded me.

Waiting patiently for answers

Let's hope someone has an idea.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
1. Inye2 from Encipher group
2. Launch of MINDA
3. Packaging of Ovim
4. Ovim tablets from Fasmicro

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ovim seems to be the one whose website contains recent info.

Still searching for those who know (s)he who knows any person that have bought or used Nigerian made tablet PCs.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2014
KingIOb:
Still searching for those who know (s)he who knows any person that have bought or used Nigerian made tablet PCs.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
At last...

Thanks MrMash for your submission.

Hoping to hear about Ovim, Inye & co.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Really, where are the Nigerian made tablets? Who else has seen or used them?
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by katibu(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
MrMash:
I bought d Bamboo tablet on jumia for 40k plus 2k5 for delivery and I must confess its d most useless thing have spent my money on completely crappy, substandard any tym I look at d device I just feel scammed.
The Battery life= Terrible
The Screen = Low pixel
The Network Speed = Pathetic
The Camera = Can make you Suicidal
The Ear-piece= Completely useless
The Car charger = Doesn't charge d device
The hyped TV function = I no c one single world cup match watch.

The device is still locked up in my room I find buyer tire, ugly looking piece of ....

Had to buy another device few weeks after.

Please no near am.

Gradually gradually we will get there. Nigeria will surely produce it's own technologies. At least you have tried and thanks for believing in Nigerian products that you have even tried.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
Season's greetings folks. Hopefully we will get comments from owners or users of Inye, MINDA, Ovim, etc.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 4:50am On Jan 17, 2015
We're already in mid January 2015 and still looking for answers.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
katibu:

Gradually gradually we will get there. Nigeria will surely produce it's own technologies. At least you have tried and thanks for believing in Nigerian products that you have even tried.
Still looking forward to more submissions.

If anyone knows where one can get any of the Nigerian made tablets, please do share.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by parrotibaba(m): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
Uniben tab nko? grin
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 7:20am On Jan 26, 2015
parrotibaba:
Uniben tab nko? grin
Can you pls shed more light?
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by parrotibaba(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2015
KingIOb:
Can you pls shed more light?
uniben tab dat came out last year ,some dudes were even rocking it den
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
parrotibaba:
uniben tab dat came out last year ,some dudes were even rocking it den
Wow.

Is it commercially available?
Do you have any idea where one can get it?
If you have pictures, pls share with us.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by idu1(m): 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
KingIOb:
Wow.

u believe in nigeria.....

God bless u...
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
idu1:
u believe in nigeria.....

God bless u...
Yes my dear, I believe in Nigeria. And we have to make sure that what we are offered is of value, hence this enquiry.
I'll appreciate contributions from you if you've used or knows someone who knew someone who uses any Nigerian made tablet.
Thanks.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by parrotibaba(m): 12:03am On Jan 27, 2015
KingIOb:
Wow.

hit d NL search engine n type in "uniben tab"
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
parrotibaba:
hit d NL search engine n type in "uniben tab"
Searched NL and even Google but didnt get info on the uniben tab.

I got another interesting info though: another Nigerian made tablet called DroidPad from Tevci
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by parrotibaba(m): 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
KingIOb:
Searched NL and even Google but didnt get info on the uniben tab.

I got another interesting info though: another Nigerian made tablet called DroidPad from Tevci
sorry I meant d Unilorin PC tablet ...

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
I'll check it out.
Re: Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? by KingIOb: 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
Still on the lookout.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Phones With 6000mah Battery Capacity In Nigeria (february 2020) / Sony Ericsson k7001 WAP Configuration / How Good Is The Techno tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.