Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending (3068 Views)

Blackberry Blasts Apple Over Bending Iphone 6 Plus / Apple Iphone 6 Plus Prone To Bending? Dnt Install Ios 8 Latest Update Yet / Blackberry Mocks Apple: Try Bending Our Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by dotna(m): 9:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
What happens when an iPhone bends too much? One man says his bent so much it punctured the battery and caught fire, causing second-degree burns to his leg.

Phillip Lechter posted this photo on his blog. “The phone right after removing from pocket and removing case,” he wrote.Phillip Lechter
Apple’s new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus smartphones probably won’t bend just sitting in the pocket of your probably-too-tight skinny jeans (Apple notes that only a handful of people have reported the new iPhones bending in their pockets). One guy, however, says his phone not only bent in his pocket, but caught fire.
An entrepreneur and business coach by the name of Phillip Lechter says his iPhone 6 bent so much in his pocket that it punctured the battery, an event that can result in a fire. Lechter and his family were riding in a rickshaw (or pedicab, as it’s sometimes called) in Tucson, Ariz., when the rickshaw hit a trolley track in the road. Lechter said the impact sent him into the side of the metal rickshaw.
His iPhone 6 was in the front pocket that hit the wall, he said, and was positioned such that it was bent nearly 90 degrees and punctured the battery, even though he had a leather case on his iPhone.
When he looked down, Lechter said he noticed that his leg was on fire. He said a nearby spectator jumped into action and threw a cup of water on his leg to put the fire out. Once the fire was out, Lechter said he was able to successfully get his phone out of his pocket and throw it out of the cab without burning his fingers, though he said he experienced a pretty significant burn on his leg.
“The doctor’s report described a 11.5 cm x 10.5 cm burn area on my right leg and classified the burn as second-degree with first-degree burns surrounding the area,” Lechter wrote on his blog. “According to the Doctor, the burn will require cleanliness, antibiotics and pain management for treatment.”
SOURCE:

http://www.cnet.com/news/guy-says-his-iphone-6-bent-and-caught-on-fire/

Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by dotna(m): 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
i think iphone 6 plus is safer and better than iphone 6
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Lagusta(m): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
Its official!!!

This iPhone6 is the ultimate avatar: a fire bender from the eng clan!!!

#firegate

12 Likes

Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by dotna(m): 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
Lagusta:
Its official!!!

#firegate

Lol
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Mention(m): 12:05am On Oct 21, 2014
Hahaha
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by kennyslim1(m): 2:50am On Oct 21, 2014
Bad of apple! This one na #firebendgate grin
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by francis247(m): 3:26am On Oct 21, 2014
dotna:
i think iphone 6 plus is safer and better than iphone 6
Say what? 6 plus is the bend gate master. 6 is just an apprentice.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 21, 2014
Maybe it should be sold with Fire extinguisher.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Flye: 5:35am On Oct 21, 2014
Yomieluv:
funny
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Flye: 5:35am On Oct 21, 2014
Yomieluv:
funny!!
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Femistico(m): 5:41am On Oct 21, 2014
Yomieluv:
true talk ooo mayb if u don dey carry ur iphone6 dey also carry ur fire extinguisher with u..hahaha
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by timilehing(m): 6:06am On Oct 21, 2014
and all this iPhone freaks be like "We're using the best brand" #bendgate, #firegate undecided Tecno self no dey bend not to say catching fire

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by dotna(m): 6:45am On Oct 21, 2014
francis247:
Say what? 6 plus is the bend gate master. 6 is just an apprentice.

But it is very common with iPhone 6. I am aiming for 6plus sha. I will put in strong case like. Ottobox. It's perfect for me joor
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by hatux: 7:03am On Oct 21, 2014
grin grin
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Collinz2(m): 7:28am On Oct 21, 2014
dotna:

But it is very common with iPhone 6. I am aiming for 6plus sha. I will put in strong case like. Ottobox. It's perfect for me joor
when u buy ur 6plus carry go meet welder make them make better iron case for the phone gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 21, 2014
lols, iPhone tho undecided I really don't see the hype about this phone embarassed it spoils anyhow!
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by yuncka: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2014
pls vote my entries for Nollywood movie spoof via dis links

woobox.com/jn92db/vote?web=1
http://woobox.com/jn92db/vote. Tnx

Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Tweetums(f): 9:09am On Oct 21, 2014
the power of illuminati
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by 100Cents: 9:11am On Oct 21, 2014
Lagusta:
Its official!!!

#firegate

Apple IPhone don suffer.

New chapter, fire gate.
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by eightsin(m): 9:12am On Oct 21, 2014
shocked
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Dreyl(m): 9:34am On Oct 21, 2014
Iphone6 and plus should be named the bendables.
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by happykidArotiba(m): 9:56am On Oct 21, 2014
uhn?
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 21, 2014
Lol........shai..so after wasting up to 140 thousand naira, na so the fhone take go.... Shaaai...shame
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by stinggy(m): 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
Tweetums:
the power of illuminati
grin grin angry undecided
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by kekakuz(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
when i first saw the topic
tot is was a joke

but then if he was in a cab
how did a passerby see his burning pocket
what king of passer by walks on the street with a cup of water
remember the guy said he trew the phone out of the cab eventually
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by 7point: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
Firegate
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
#firegate
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by johnstar(m): 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
Lolz.. ok na.. #teamsamsunggs5
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by johnstar(m): 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Lol........shai..so after wasting up to 140 thousand naira, na so the fhone take go.... Shaaai...shame
nt only dat o, after sleeping outside iphone company for 2days.. omg.. dm need sue dis iphone ppl jawe
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by martineverest(m): 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
Iphone 6- ll soon be released,it ll be the 'iextinguisher'
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
johnstar:
nt only dat o, after sleeping outside iphone company for 2days.. omg.. dm need sue dis iphone ppl jawe
lol no b me tel dem mk dem carry dr leg go buy iphone 6.
Re: Iphone 6 Caught On Fire After Bending by Collinz2(m): 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
kekakuz:
when i first saw the topic
tot is was a joke

but then if he was in a cab
how did a passerby see his burning pocket
what king of passer by walks on the street with a cup of water
remember the guy said he trew the phone out of the cab eventually
go and read the post all over again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Download From Youtube With My Blackberry Q5? / Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD / How To Make Cheap Calls On MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.