Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… (1162 Views)

IK Uche Woos Coach Amodu Shaibu / I Will Never Forgive Those Didn't Allow Me Go To The World Cup-shaibu Amodu / Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by robosky02(m): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2014
Amodu Shaibu was appointed interim coach of the Nigerian national team after the sack of Stephen Keshi.

The 56 year-old Edo state born football tactician would be making the 4 comeback to the Super Eagles after several stints with the three African Champions

Amodu is one Nigeria’s best local coaches, owing to the records he has attained with the national team
Despite the glories he has took the senior national team to, he also is the most unfairly treated of every local coach that have managed the Super Eagles

1. Amodu first coached Nigeria as caretaker through 1995 to 1996 during the time of Bonfrere Jo, he was deposed in between and recalled after the Dutch man resigned. But he was sacked in January 1997 for "poor performance, insubordination and disobedience" after a 1-1 away draw with Kenya in a qualifying match for the 1998 World Cup. From there he moved on to South African club, Orlando Pirates

2. 1998 would be a comeback for Amodu Shaibu who was returning from South Africa and he stayed on till 1999, but was demoted under a foreign technical Adviser, Bonfrere Jo who led Nigeria to the Ghana/Nigeria 2000 Nations Cup and was fired afterwards. Amodu was put in charge in 2001

3. In 2001, Amodu qualified the Super Eagles for the 2002 World Cup; becoming the second coach after Clemence Westerhoff and the first local manager to achieve this feat. He was sacked months before the tournament kicked off and NFF technical member at that time, Adegboye Onigbinde took charge

4. In April 2008, the 56 year-old was reappointed as head coach and would take the Super Eagles to a third place finish in 2010 Nations Cup and qualifying them to South Africa 2010 but again would be undermined by the NFF after they made him second fiddle to Swede Lars Lagerback; he was made demoted to the Super Eagles team B which he rejected and was fired on February 6, 2010

5. Amodu Shaibu has coached in almost every cadre of Nigerian football, except for the women team, winning the 2002 and 2010 Bronze medal in two AFCON tournaments. He remains one of the most under-respected lcal coach in Nigeria.

Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by robosky02(m): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2014
I think amodu either lacks negotiation skill or is quick to accept a slave contract or has luck for doing “monky dey work banboo dey shop”

The NFF said…

“ Shaibu Amodu returns as the team interim coach to be assisted with three coaches from the Glo Premier League.
“We have two more important matches in the
qualifiers which we hope to secure full points, and qualify for the Nations Cup.

“Coach Amodu will take over of the team as interim coach, to be assisted by Salisu Yusuf (El Kanemi Warriors) and Gbenga Ogunbote (Sharks FC) while former Green Eagles goalkeeper, Alloy Agu will be the goalkeeper trainer,” the NFF official divulge.”

How can he accept this arrangement, when he finishes qualifying Naija. And they ask him to step aside for another person he will cry foul again
Let his either take charge FULLY or just walk away. must they drop him after a good job always….
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by Goke7: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2014
robosky02:

I think amodu either lacks negotiation skill or is quick to accept a slave contract or has luck for doing “monky dey work banboo dey shop”

The NFF said…

“ Shaibu Amodu returns as the team interim coach to be assisted with three coaches from the Glo Premier League.
“We have two more important matches in the
qualifiers which we hope to secure full points, and qualify for the Nations Cup.

“Coach Amodu will take over of the team as interim coach, to be assisted by Salisu Yusuf (El Kanemi Warriors) and Gbenga Ogunbote (Sharks FC) while former Green Eagles goalkeeper, Alloy Agu will be the goalkeeper trainer,” the NFF official divulge.”

How can he accept this arrangement, when he finishes qualifying Naija. And they ask him to step aside for another person he will cry foul again
Let his either take charge FULLY or just walk away. must they drop him after a good job always….

man must wack abi no be Nigeria we dey?
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by robosky02(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2014
In 2010 he said….
“It cast a permanent sore in my heart till this moment and I won’t forgive those behind it,” Amodu told The Guardian. “Government will continue to blame itself for being so wicked to me. Instead of showing appreciation, they tagged me a failure despite qualifying Nigeria for the World Cup on two occasions.

“And till this moment, no one has come out to say what they did was wrong. That is wickedness at the highest level. My only consolation is the fact that some right thinking Nigerians still remember me for the good things I did for this nation. God will continue to bless them. I also thank you for your previous write up and this interview (referring to The Guardian).”
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by robosky02(m): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2014
Goke7:

man must wack abi no be Nigeria we dey?

yea must wack but must you be rubbish at all time
how many times will they sack him
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by seankafor(m): 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
Shaibu demba berlusconi amodu
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by robosky02(m): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
seankafor:
Shaibu demba berlusconi amodu
ok
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by Goke7: 1:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
robosky02:

yea must wack but must you be rubbish at all time
how many times will they sack him

I thought u guys wanted keshi out so why the complain about amodu now?
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by robosky02(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
Goke7:

I thought u guys wanted keshi out so why the complain about amodu now?

the issue here is not keshi
i am talking of Amodu that keep taking slave contract
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by robosky02(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
only to be sacked when they qualify............
Re: Shaibu Amodu Be Wise, Be Wise Or Your Tales Will Continue… by seankafor(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2014

(1) (Reply)

"CURVILICIOUS"; Serena Williams Strips In Lingerie Photo Shoot....see Photos / UEFA Europa League Last 32 Draw / Gernot Rohr Names Strong Squad to Face France In Int'l Frendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.