Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

President Of RTF Suspended For Calling Venus And Serena Williams 'BROTHERS' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / President Of RTF Suspended For Calling Venus And Serena Williams 'BROTHERS' (779 Views)

Caroline Danjuma & Fashion Police Fight For Calling Her Outfit & Earrings Cheap / Peter Okoye Apologizes For Calling His Brother Out Online - ''I'm Not Perfect'' / Venus And Serena Williams From Way Before! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Of RTF Suspended For Calling Venus And Serena Williams 'BROTHERS' by sylviasilifah(f): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
The President of Russian Tennis Federation, Shamil Tarpischev has been fined $25,000 and suspended for one year by the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) for calling Venus and Serena Williams “the Williams Brothers.” He made the comment during a Russian late-night talk show and also added that they were frightening to look at.

When quizzed over his derogatory comment, he said it was an innocent joke.
“I understand now that my remarks were wrong and could be construed as discriminatory by the public,” he said
The ban will prevent Tarpischev from participating in all WTA events for the next year and he might also lose his post as Kremlin Cup chairman which he has held for about 20 years.

continue here http://www.360nobs.com/2014/10/president-of-russian-tennis-federation-fined-and-suspended-for-calling-venus-and-serena-williams-brothers/#EBZOsgoTdp8Tc0DP.99
Re: President Of RTF Suspended For Calling Venus And Serena Williams 'BROTHERS' by masterp204: 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
Racism tinZ. Make dem jail am self. Mtcheeew.
Re: President Of RTF Suspended For Calling Venus And Serena Williams 'BROTHERS' by missvera(f): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
grin
Re: President Of RTF Suspended For Calling Venus And Serena Williams 'BROTHERS' by sylviasilifah(f): 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2014

(1) (Reply)

'I Will Like To Sleep With The President'- Maheeda / Power Couple Jay & Bey, Selena Gomez, Sam Smith, Kelly Osbourne, Other Attend Ta / Dbanj Reportedly To Appear In Court, Jan. 2015 Over Unpaid Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.