Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials (12296 Views)

8 weeks Exclusive Pattern Drafting Class Begins.(Valisimo Fashion School) / Fashion Books On Pattern Drafting Plus Sewing Technics (valisimo Fashion School) / Omotola Jalade’s Outfit To Lagos Fashion & Design Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
Now to my own skirt draft

Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by noncy21: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
Well understood ma. Ride on. I wi draft mine tomorow. Tnx
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 6:28am On Oct 29, 2014
Glad you understand noncy21, anyone with questions?
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by shilees(f): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
AmenJoan:
So on to stage 2. Get out your brown paper, ruler, curve, and biro.

A few notes before I start the process. In pattern drafting, we usually draft the front and back differently especially for the bodice. But for skirts it's possible that the back and front are the same.
So when drafting we usually draft half of what we intend to make.
For example we want to make a skirt, we are drafting the front of the skirt which we may later use to cut the back. But we draft half of the front of the skirt, then place on a fold of fabric to get the full front. This is because we want to get exactly the measurements for the left and right sides of the skirt front.

You'll understand this better as we go ahead, for now just concentrate on the steps.

You should not use biro to draw pattern.you use pencil all the time.
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
Lol, true but I use anything o, marker
shilees:

You should not use biro to draw pattern.you use pencil all the time.
inclusive
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by tapingil(m): 6:25am On Oct 31, 2014
With the second line u did just unda ther waist line, is it that the skirt wud not be having dart??
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by shilees(f): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Lol, true but I use anything o, marker.

You shouldn't use anything o,it's not right,u won't wear your socks in ur hands just because it fits,there are a lot of reasons why pencil is used.with ink u might not be able to erase incase u make a mistake. smiley
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by noncy21: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
My skirt pattern. Tnx Op.

Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by tapingil(m): 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
tapingil:
With the second line u did just unda ther waist line, is it that the skirt wud not be having dart??
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=tapingil post=27649183][/quote]

Yes, this skirt has no darts, we will incorporate dart in a subsequent skirt
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
Wow! This is very good. Am encouraged. Good job sis
noncy21:
My skirt pattern. Tnx Op.
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by noncy21: 7:44am On Nov 04, 2014
Pls ma, what next? Could u pls teach blouse pattern drafting? Tnx.
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by Moradeeke(f): 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Waiting for d next class, ma
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
Next class coming soon. Pick between a bodice front or a differently styled skirt
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by tapingil(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
I choose a Differently styled skirt..
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by Moradeeke(f): 6:42am On Nov 07, 2014
AmenJoan:
Next class coming soon. Pick between a bodice front or a differently styled skirt

BODICE FRONT
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by Godmother(f): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2014
shilees:

Lol, true but I use anything o, marker.

You shouldn't use anything o,it's not right,u won't wear your socks in ur hands just because it fits,there are a lot of reasons why pencil is used.with ink u might not be able to erase incase u make a mistake. smiley

I think the OP already included that we should use only pencils smiley
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
For those requesting for the books, I checked the site where I downloaded them and majority are no longer there. Maybe due to copyright infringement. I tried attaching it to a mail and sending but they are too large. So if anyone has an idea how I can share them, share with us please.

P.s I thought about using Dropbox but I need to have wifi connection, which I don't for now.
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by tapingil(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
Where I'd Everybody?

Cc @AmenJoan
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2014
Lol, ask me oh. Have not been fine sha, hope to update as soon,as I get better.

tapingil:
Where I'd Everybody?

Cc @AmenJoan

1 Like

Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by noncy21: 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
AmenJoan:

receive ur healing in Jesus name amen. It is well wit u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by noncy21: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
@OP...hop u ar strong now?
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by tapingil(m): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
Was hoping to ask this same question today.... Hope you are feeling better now..
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by tapingil(m): 11:33am On Dec 28, 2014
AmenJoan:

Pls reply pm...its been a while u updated anything.. Hope all is well..have a few questions to ask
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
AmenJoan:
So on to stage 2. Get out your brown paper, ruler, curve, and biro.

A few notes before I start the process. In pattern drafting, we usually draft the front and back differently especially for the bodice. But for skirts it's possible that the back and front are the same.
So when drafting we usually draft half of what we intend to make.
For example we want to make a skirt, we are drafting the front of the skirt which we may later use to cut the back. But we draft half of the front of the skirt, then place on a fold of fabric to get the full front. This is because we want to get exactly the measurements for the left and right sides of the skirt front.

You'll understand this better as we go ahead, for now just concentrate on the steps.

Hi pls do u accept IT student?
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by jtina(f): 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
HAPI NU YEAR!

MAKE ALL YOUR ENQUIRIES ABOUT CLassique J Fashion Creations ADMISSIONS ...
2015/2016 Session.

Opening Hours: 9am-5pm

2015/2016 Registration is on:

...all comes with Creative and Fashion Design Subjects. Basic pattern drafting and hand free for all types of Natives, Blouse, Suits and Readymade Wears.

Commercial patterns available on request!

We are presently @ Aguda, Surulere, Lagos.

For more details:
Call/Text/Whatsapp:
08032881386, 08185569328

BBM: 2B5D3855
Made public by Classique J Fashions for
Classique J Fashion Creations!

Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by kikelomojessy(f): 12:33am On Mar 20, 2015
Please where can I buy the straight long transparent ruler and hip curve ruler in the market and at what price? Thanks.

AmenJoan:
OK, we have quite a crowd. cheesy good stuff. So before we start I will let you know what materials we need.

1. Pencil/ eraser
2. Brown paper ( about #200 for a dozen)
3.ruler ( transparent)
4. Long ruler (also called tailor's ruler)
4. T square ( optional)
5. French curve (#200 for the set). For drawing curved lines like the armhole
6. Measuring tape

Long list, but the things are cheap, promise. Brown paper is good for beginners so you can clearly see what you are doing. Later on you can switch to a cheaper option. Some people use newspapers pinned together.

These materials can be gotten at your local bookshop. So lemme know when you are set.
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by AmenJoan(f): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2015
kikelomojessy:
Please where can I buy the straight long transparent ruler and hip curve ruler in the market and at what price? Thanks.

Just buy a French curve set from any book shop. I haven't seen the long transparent ruler in naija, what I got was a locally made long wooden one in the market for 100naira. Just cheCk any tailoring shop
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by noncy21: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2015
where av u been ma?
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by kikelomojessy(f): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
Tanks a lot dear, a response after a long wait. I will see a carpenter concerning the long ruler then. Tanks very much.

AmenJoan:

Just buy a French curve set from any book shop. I haven't seen the long transparent ruler in naija, what I got was a locally made long wooden one in the market for 100naira. Just cheCk any tailoring shop
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by kikelomojessy(f): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
I have been to iyana oba market but they dnt have it.

noncy21:
where av u been ma?
Re: Pattern Drafting for fashion design- Tutorials by Immaangel(f): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Fellow radiant ladies, kindly view my page on Nairaland, and learn how to style your braids. https://www.nairaland.com/2395510/how-style-single-braids-pix

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daily Beauty Rotuine / ........... WIGs ...................... / Affordable Souvenirs, Kitchen and household items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.