Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger (2171 Views)

Owner Wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat One Hour After Buying It / Owner Wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat One Hour After Buying It / Can Someone Pls Recommend To Me A Very Good Mechanic For Ford And Dodge In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by feelme3(m): 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello people,

I am planning getting my first car and a friend has just shipped in hyundai xg350L and a Dodge Challenger.

I am no expert when it comes to cars as I have never owned one before. But right now I am considering picking up either of the cars.

The Dodge looks manly and intimidating, however my wife prefers the Hyundai which also looks cool and laid back.

Please advice on which I should go for that will serve for sometime without giving much headache as per maintenance.

Thank you.
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Follow your heart I say!
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by feelme3(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
lomomike:
Follow your heart I say!

Yes, but I think expert advice can also save a heartbreak when making certain investment. grin
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by nurey(m): 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
Dodge challenger first and only car, I rest my case
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
Remember what I said feelme3
lomomike:
Follow your heart I say!
smiley
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:22am On Oct 22, 2014
feelme3:
Hello people,

I am planning getting my first car and a friend has just shipped in hyundai xg350L and a Dodge Challenger.

I am no expert when it comes to cars as I have never owned one before. But right now I am considering picking up either of the cars.

The Dodge looks manly and intimidating, however my wife prefers the Hyundai which also looks cool and laid back.

Please advice on which I should go for that will serve for sometime without giving much headache as per maintenance.

Thank you.

None. Parts for both cars are hard to get.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4vkI1s3Uj6ZFBwCwJCvvlDpmKYRyTjoTDxH7qAO6vHxKNxlyQwFwp0SQ[/img]

2008 challenger?

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJrXREK2f7cDdf3uBErGDMIR_-31SIR6x570kezWHM5SaUb6ZMinHAG3n-[/img]

The dodge is a chick magnet, no way the Mrs will agree to buying that. angry
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by sultaan(m): 3:10am On Oct 22, 2014
I know you said a Challenger but you need to be sure because a Challenger is relatively new if you can afford to buy a Challenger you don't need the Hyundai.

If you have to choose between both you have to take into consideration that the Challenger is a 2-door car.

For me I will still pick the Challenger.
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by chillex8(m): 7:12am On Oct 22, 2014
If you don't know anything about cars, pls stay away from Hyundai xg 350..

That car is devilish..

If you want me to explain more, just quote me.
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40am On Oct 22, 2014
chillex8:

That car is devilish..

I quoted you. tongue
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2014
chillex8:

That car is devilish..

I quoted you again.............. grin grin grin grin
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by simiolu1(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Can't stop laughing... U want make d guy para for U? Seems U know more about d hyundia than U're lettin on
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by chillex8(m): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

And who are you pls
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2014
chillex8:
And who are you pls

Bud, relax, chill out a tad. He / she is a forumite, just like you are.
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by Eyop: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by chillex8(m): 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
Siena:

Bud, relax, chill out a tad. He / she is a forumite, just like you are.

Lol.

I know him personally..
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by feelme3(m): 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
chillex8:

That car is devilish..

Abeg Bros, tell me about the Hyundai xg 350... And sorry people, the dodge is actually Charger 2008, not challenger. Looks like a beast.

Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by chillex8(m): 11:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
feelme3:

Abeg Bros, tell me about the Hyundai xg 350... And sorry people, the dodge is actually Charger, not challenger. Looks like a beast.

Hyundai xg 350 , 3.5l DOHC 24valve.
Tiptronic transmission..

Guy, that engine never dies.

But

The engine control unit ECU, The computer that controls all the engines activities is very unforgiving.

There are several sensors on that car, all sending signals to the ECU.

Any fault with one sensor, the whole system wil kolo..

There is nothing you won't experience...

The most unforgiving act, is when you disconnect the battery terminal

Chai!!! For days, your car will be in a vegetative state..

The ECU, will just be sending wrong output signals and the car won't run fine...

If you must own that car, u must be strong willed..

I can say its the most electrical car for its production year..

Its not a car, you will just open bonnet, and start touching stuffs.. You will be punished..

Common problems are with the EGR valve, Maf sensor and MAP sensor.

Good side, is this car is swift. Has a very silent engine. Transmission is smooth.(5- gear auto+manual)

If you must own one here are the terms :

. Make sure you buy one with low mileage.

. Make sure the ECU is the right one.

. Make sure there is no cel light on.

. Make sure the thermostat is in place.

. Buy a scanner too.

. If you must replace any part, purchase OEM with matching part no, else it WONT work.

If you can meet these terms, you are good to go.

Never allow anybody open your bonnet to touch anything..

Before you touch anything, plug your scanner and confirm.

NEVER DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY..

P.S
That car is a speed monster

1 Like

Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by feelme3(m): 12:36am On Oct 23, 2014
chillex8:

Tiptronic transmission..
But
The engine control unit ECU, The computer that controls all the engines activities is very unforgiving.
Any fault with one sensor, the whole system wil kolo......

Hmmm. na wa o. Some one has also told me that the only problem with the car is that it's too "electronics" but I don't want to spend more than 1m on a car for now. The hyundai will give me some change but the Dodge is a bit above that amount.

Any advice on the Dodge? Or what car would you recommend for first? Basically, I offer services to firms and I just need a ride to shuttle around for meetings and other appointments but I no want camry o grin.

Thanks for the breakdown on the Hyundai.
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by sultaan(m): 4:01am On Oct 23, 2014
Seems you need to eucate yourself on car ownership, sometimes the best thing is to take a drive in both and pick the one you are very comfortable with.If a car has 200k miles ,CEL, wobbles and engine weak don't buy it because it is a Toyota but if it is good responsive lower mileage I will choose it because all I have to do is maintain rather than fixing a car that is almost dead.

You will be driving the car so pick the one you really like.
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:32am On Oct 23, 2014
chillex8:

Tiptronic transmission..

But

The ECU, will just be sending wrong output signals and the car won't run fine...

Its not a car, you will just open bonnet, and start touching stuffs.. You will be punished..

Good side, is this car is swift. Has a very silent engine. Transmission is smooth.(5- gear auto+manual)

. Buy a scanner too.

. If you must replace any part, purchase OEM with matching part no, else it WONT work.

P.S

That sums it up.

1 Like

Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by chillex8(m): 6:00am On Oct 23, 2014
feelme3:

Hmmm. na wa o. Some one has also told me that the only problem with the car is that it's too "electronics" but I don't want to spend more than 1m on a car for now. The hyundai will give me some change but the Dodge is a bit above that amount.

Any advice on the Dodge? Or what car would you recommend for first? Basically, I offer services to firms and I just need a ride to shuttle around for meetings and other appointments but I no want camry o grin.

Thanks for the breakdown on the Hyundai.

Haba, so you are looking for a fuel economy car+Lil luxury...

Hyundai xg 350, is a mid size luxury sedan, + fuel guzzler...16/22mpg

Don't know much about dodge, perhaps those who do should Turnup, or you check online forums.

Its best if you decide the vehicle you want to use, personally, cos that way, there will be the zeal and tenacity to attend to her properly.

That said, you should be looking for a 1.8-2.0L i-4 engine or 2.4L V6 engine, at least for now..

So, start searching......

Cheers
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by feelme3(m): 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
sultaan:
Seems you need to eucate yourself on car ownership, sometimes the best thing is to take a drive in both and pick the one you are very comfortable with.If a car has 200k miles ,CEL, wobbles and engine weak don't buy it because it is a Toyota but if it is good responsive lower mileage I will choose it because all I have to do is maintain rather than fixing a car that is almost dead.
You will be driving the car so pick the one you really like.

I think I really do need some education as you pointed out. You really made sense with your opinion. Thanks man.

chillex8:

Haba, so you are looking for a fuel economy car+Lil luxury...
Hyundai xg 350, is a mid size luxury sedan, + fuel guzzler...16/22mpg
Don't know much about dodge, perhaps those who do should Turnup, or you check online forums.
Its best if you decide the vehicle you want to use, personally, cos that way, there will be the zeal and tenacity to attend to her properly.
That said, you should be looking for a 1.8-2.0L i-4 engine or 2.4L V6 engine, at least for now..
So, start searching......
Cheers

Yes bro, a little luxury and fuel economy sums it. With the specs you listed out, am even more confused. I might have to take time out and maybe visit a mechanic to get more insight. Thanks for dropping by sir.
Re: Between Hyundai Xg350l And Dodge Challenger by BALLOSKI: 5:59am On Aug 09, 2023
chillex8:

Tiptronic transmission..

But

. Buy a scanner too.

P.S
Brilliant! Where's this guy now?

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Decide How Best To Fix My Alternator. / Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? / Is It Possible To SwapToyota 2GR Fe Engine With 3MZ Engine (sienna)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.