Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Who Is God And What Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God And What Is God? (1276 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / God And His Angels. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is God And What Is God? by Horluwahighdee(m): 6:40am On Oct 22, 2014
Please i will love to get answers to the question . is there any difference between what is God ? and Who is God? our pastor asked us this yesterday during bible study which has not been clear....i need your contribution sir's and ma's...God bless u all
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by kadas01(m): 6:59am On Oct 22, 2014
This is a very serious case of "Blasphemy" of the highest order!! shocked

Please, kindly put a "stop" to it!!

Shalom!
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 22, 2014
Question for the Gods
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Tallesty1(m): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2014
kadas01:

Shalom!
did you read the OP at all?
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by lomprico(m): 7:28am On Oct 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
did you read the OP at all?
No mind the overzealous tout!
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Dammyrosky(m): 7:57am On Oct 22, 2014
What is God?
God is a spirit.
Who is God?
God is d creator of heaven nd earth.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Horluwahighdee(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dammyrosky:
What is God?
God is a spirit.
Who is God?
tankz bro
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Kay17: 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dammyrosky:
What is God?
God is a spirit.
Who is God?

1. I complain a lot whenever people say God is the creator of heaven and earth because that function is not an intrinsic quality of God, it is not what God's being is about. Theists would disagree that God has a readily purpose of creating heaven and earth (which would have implied he was created).

2. who is a spirit? most of our ideas and imagination of spirits are borrowed from folklore and myths. A spirit in my belief is as difficult as God to define.
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by winner01(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Ajibam: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 31, 2014
God is a Spirit. He created the universe through his Words. Through Him all things were created.
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Horluwahighdee(m): 7:05am On Oct 31, 2014
please there is a problem with the question... the question is what is 'god not God?
answer:god is an object of worship. for example, some people worship sanngo so sanngo is their god
who is God?
answer: God is the creator of all.
answered by my pastor
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Kay17: 9:49am On Oct 31, 2014
Horluwahighdee:
please there is a problem with the question... the question is what is 'god not God?
answer:god is an object of worship. for example, some people worship sanngo so sanngo is their god
who is God?
answer: God is the creator of all.
answered by my pastor

I doubt the clarity of what you have said. Virtually all Gods create and their ability to create and dominate is the essential quality of their supernatural beings. So you have to rethink and throw your pastor's definition into a bin (where it rightful belongs)
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Horluwahighdee(m): 10:05am On Oct 31, 2014
Kay17:

I doubt the clarity of what you have said. Virtually all Gods create and their ability to create and dominate is the essential quality of their supernatural beings. So you have to rethink and throw your pastor's definition into a bin (where it rightful belongs)
br0 i dnt undastand u sir. wich 1 r u c0rrecting btw d 2. please sir.
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Kay17: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2014
I'm saying the god is the same with God because they both create.
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Rapaltar(m): 10:53am On Oct 31, 2014
kadas01:

Shalom!

Smh..!!!

Christians!!!

Bunch of Dogmatic dimwits...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Horluwahighdee(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2014
Kay17:
I'm saying the god is the same with God because they both create.
Am nt clear. xo u mean obatala/sango also create?
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Kay17: 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
Horluwahighdee:
Am nt clear. xo u mean obatala/sango also create?

They all do. Obatala is responsible for all the invalids and disabled. Sango is for lightning and heavenly phenomena. Same with Zeus, Gaia, Mazda, Sun Gods, Odin etc; they are essentially creators.
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Horluwahighdee(m): 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Kay17:

They all do. Obatala is responsible for all the invalids and disabled. Sango is for lightning and heavenly phenomena. Same with Zeus, Gaia, Mazda, Sun Gods, Odin etc; they are essentially creators.
kk.but God created this ones 2...den ao can we answer d questiom?
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Kay17: 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
Horluwahighdee:
kk.but God created this ones 2...den ao can we answer d questiom?

Which God created them?
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
Glory be to God Almighty, the father of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Am sending to you greetings from the groom and peace from the Holy Ghost.
Your question does not sound foolish at all and must not be overlook. This is our own delight as the world are rejoicing and boasting in their selfish desire.
I will say this is indeed good for edification for our soul.
Your question is WHO IS GOD? And WHAT IS GOD?
Let me start by reorganizing your question first.
Who is God implies someone in person of God.
What is God demands for the defination of God.
WHO IS GOD?
That must not be a concern at all as it can be derive right from Genesis to Revelation.
God is a spirit. He is the master of the unseen world. The head of the immaterial world. He is the Greater than all. He is the creator of existence. He is the only one that no one created him. Him alone, we no not his origin. It means all is dependent of him. Their is no full meaning of God exceprt with the little that was revealed to humanity.
That is God for you.
WHAT IS GOD?
Their is no full defination of God as I quoted earlier. Who is worthy to define him, we just have to obey him. I would say, the best defination for God is to know his SOURCE and no one no his source. We just have to accept and beleive that he is God. Meaning he is the only one that was not created yet been a creator. The one that appear unto death yet the LIFE present in him never die.
Let us come to the conclusion of the whole matter, i would rather say that "GOD IS A MISTERY".
I meet you in grace and I leave you with the same.
AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Horluwahighdee(m): 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
Kay17:

Which God created them?
Almighty God 0f c0urse?.obatala z a tin,a man-made g0ds,dey r jz 0bjects. 4 example,0gun(g0d 0f iron)& u knw 0f course dat G0D creatd ir0n...
Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by Kay17: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Horluwahighdee:
Almighty God 0f c0urse?.obatala z a tin,a man-made g0ds,dey r jz 0bjects. 4 example,0gun(g0d 0f iron)& u knw 0f course dat G0D creatd ir0n...

Obatala is not the idol, rather the idol is a mere representation of Obatala. Obatala is not the same with the man made idol. Just as Jesus is not the rosary or the statue. Ogun is the God of Iron because he created the Iron.

So in effect, you misunderstand these Gods and give their credit to your own God.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God And What Is God? by UyiIredia(m): 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
What is God makes God out as a physical thing which He is no. WHat is used for physical things 'Who' is used for human beings.

(1) (Reply)

Encounter With Destiny Through Praise! / Who Created Cain's Wife? / Who Will Take The Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.