Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside (1170 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Couple In This Photo? / I Cannot See Me Going.. / What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by pamcode(m): 8:56am On Oct 22, 2014
Dear nairalanders can someone pls tell me if there is anything wrong in me going to viewing center to watch match.;>Yesterday i was preparing to go and watch chelsea's match only for my mum to tell me that i was not going anywhere,when i insisted(am 18 for pete sake) she told me if i leave she wont open the door for me and when i asked her why she told me only irresponsible pple go to viewing centers to watch football.So my question is it true that it irresponsible ppple that go out to watch ball. P.s: am still at loggerheads with her because dat miss pain me die
Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by JEITO: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2014
There's nothing wrong with going to watch football in viewing centres; perhaps your mum is mistaking it for a bar and all the misbehaviours going on there. Viewing centres too can become somehow: tempers can flare and fights ensue and who knows what could happen.

But as a child under authority(irrespective of your age) as long as you are under the authority of your parent, you must obey whatever they tell you simple!

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by DesChyko: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2014
There's nothing wrong in doing such. But your mother, as well as any other person who doesn't want you doing that, had good reasons for such. I'll help you with a few.
1. It's late at night. The road is now risky, from humans to spirits.
2. If you get accustomed to it, you won't mind keeping late nights for 'other reasons' as well.
3. Football fanatics can go to any lenght to justify their passion. You may get injured, a really bad thing to happen at night.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by slimyem: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2014
Mummy's only concerned for your safety I'd believe.
It not about your going there to watch football but about what could go wrong there.
People have gotten injured or killed at these same centers. The police even come to raid these centers sometimes because of the kinds of people who they assume dominate them.
Like someone's said, as long as you are dependent and living under your mum's roof,you remain a child and must obey her wishes and commands. It's all for the best smiley

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by viruz007(m): 11:00am On Oct 22, 2014
My dad locked me out one time I went to a viewing centre. Took me a while to forgive him... Slept in the car... But as I grew I began to see things his way.

Mum cares about you. Ur mum and my dad's reason wnt defer frm them wanting you safe. A thousand and one things can happen ranging from a truck ramming into d viewing centre, to an electric pole falling on d viewing centre to a police raid etc.

So dnt be furious with her. Understand where she's coming from. Your a guy so naturally u shld have a certain bond with her. Ask her nicely why she did not let you go and I bet she'll say exactly what I and the other posters have been saying plus obeying her is not a bad thing. So cool off Bro.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by pamcode(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
DesChyko:
There's nothing wrong in doing such. But your mother, as well as any other person who doesn't want you doing that, had good reasons for such. I'll help you with a few.
1. It's late at night. The road is now risky, from humans to spirits.
2. If you get accustomed to it, you won't mind keeping late nights for 'other reasons' as well.
3. Football fanatics can go to any lenght to justify their passion. You may get injured, a really bad thing to happen at night.
thanks for the advice
Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by pamcode(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
viruz007:
My dad locked me out one time I went to a viewing centre. Took me a while to forgive him... Slept in the car... But as I grew I began to see things his way.

Mum cares about you. Ur mum and my dad's reason wnt defer frm them wanting you safe. A thousand and one things can happen ranging from a truck ramming into d viewing centre, to an electric pole falling on d viewing centre to a police raid etc.

So dnt be furious with her. Understand where she's coming from. Your a guy so naturally u shld have a certain bond with her. Ask her nicely why she did not let you go and I bet she'll say exactly what I and the other posters have been saying plus obeying her is not a bad thing. So cool off Bro.

Cheers
thanks i will do as u said again cos i asked y yesterday and she refused to tell me anything
Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by pamcode(m): 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
slimyem:
Mummy's only concerned for your safety I'd believe.
It not about your going there to watch football but about what could go wrong there.
People have gotten injured or killed at these same centers. The police even come to raid these centers sometimes because of the kinds of people who they assume dominate them.
Like someone's said, as long as you are dependent and living under your mum's roof,you remain a child and must obey her wishes and commands. It's all for the best smiley
well thanks what got me angry is dat my dad goes out to watch football sometimes bt she never mentioned anything about it and she normally criticize him anytime she believes he misbehaves
Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by pamcode(m): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
JEITO:
There's nothing wrong with going to watch football in viewing centres; perhaps your mum is mistaking it for a bar and all the misbehaviours going on there. Viewing centres too can become somehow: tempers can flare and fights ensue and who knows what could happen.

But as a child under authority(irrespective of your age) as long as you are under the authority of your parent, you must obey whatever they tell you simple!
okay sir,wait you are chelsea fan rite i remember seeing this moniker yesternite
Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by viruz007(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
pamcode:
thanks i will do as u said again cos i asked y yesterday and she refused to tell me anything

Your welcome. I hope she comes around and tells you why. Even though she does not open up, just know that will be her major reason. Your safety.

Cheers
Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by JEITO: 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
pamcode:
okay sir,wait you are chelsea fan rite i remember seeing this moniker yesternite
yep! I am a huge fan of Chelsea fc
Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by DesChyko: 6:35am On Oct 23, 2014
pamcode:
thanks for the advice

No wahala.. Just cool off.
You wouldn't want an identical resistance from your kids when highlighting them of the dangers.
Re: What Is Wrong In Me Going Out To Watch Football Outside by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 23, 2014
The day u stop living off your mother and pay your own bills u can definitely sleep at a viewing centre if u like.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nairalanders Always Wish People Bad? / Do You Have A Baby Daughter? She Would Look So Pretty In These... / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.