Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

What Is The Correct Sentence - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Is The Correct Sentence (340 Views)

SOLD SOLD Correct 1995 Nissan Quest with cold AC now 260,000 / Why It Is Important To Use The Correct Specification Of Oil In Your Vehicle / Whats The Correct Way To Check Your Gearbox Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Correct Sentence by emirp: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2014
Believe ΐτ̅ or not folks, I've just gathered from English Language Gurus that the correct Expression is "YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT ΐΤ̅"

NOT

"YOU CAN'T EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE ΐΤ̅"

I was told that Mama Charlie will not be too pleased to hear you speak the latter. Now, we should blame WAEC less. I'm out before someone will ask me what cakes are meant for if not to be eaten or whether eaten cakes cannot be vomitted. Lol! Thanks to you all for your efforts anyway!
Re: What Is The Correct Sentence by lirusehn(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2014

Auto section
No one can convince me that you ar not mad undecided
Re: What Is The Correct Sentence by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 22, 2014
Even the sayn doesnt make sense..... I am still tryn to figure out its meaning..... U cannot have ur cake...and eat it....or it should be " u cannot have your cake and not eat it"!!!! I believe this sayin is expressed when someone does bad to someone and he expects not to hav a taste of the consequences of his actions.... So which ever way, i strongly believe grammarians should properly investigate this saying and come out with a better way of expressing it.... I still say that the best expression of the sayin shall be " u cant have your cake and not eat it.....
Re: What Is The Correct Sentence by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2014
Guy, how far?

You miss road? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Registered Toyota Camry (biglite) - 2001 @ N780,000.00 / 09020155206 .07085884116 Toyota Sienna 2002, 1.2million / Toks 06 Sienna Xle Full Option For Just 1.950m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.