Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device (12398 Views)

Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone / 16 Important Android Utility Apps / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Barezzi(m): 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
TechyGirl:

What type of android device do you use?
HTC One...dual SIM
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by DoroBen: 5:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
Lexusgs430:
Apps are individualistic based, what rocks your boat might sink mine ie another man's meat - another man's poison!!!!

The app this babe listed wont sink any man's boat
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Lero15(m): 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
TechyGirl:
Okay since more than 95% of Nigerians already use an android phone, i would be letting you in on my TOP 5 UTILITY apps you must have in your android device, be warned these apps very good smiley

1. Find-A-Med ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.find_a_med.app) : This is a must app for you if you are a Nigerian .. it is amazinnnng because it is made specifically for Nigerians ......Do you know what it means to get access to all accredited hospitals, pharmacies, dentist, veterinaries, baba alawo(JUST KIDDING) wherever you are in Nigeria? ....In just 2 seconds the app locates the nearest medical centers close to you ..amazing right! ...Still not convinced?.. The app also provides you with daily health tips and keeps track of your health history. I repeat This is a MUST HAVE APP and if you dont have it make sure you download it. it would help you in so many ways trust me smiley

2. True Caller (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.truecaller): If you do not have true caller app installed on your phone then you are missing out on a great deal. Now picture this, you have this number disturbing your phone's peace (aka stalkers) and you dont really know who it might be, or you are like me who doesn't like picking up unknown numbers. True caller comes to the rescue by displaying the person's identity anytime he/she calls. if you are a girl you need this more because of them stalkers out here cheesy

3. SwiftKey: I am sure most of you know this app by now.. if you do not have this app installed.. You need to be flogged ..lol.. this apps makes your typing speed improve in a flash, i mean it is like a magician, it knows what you are about to type and corrects any mistakes you make automatically. I repeat.. if you do not have this app in your android device.. YOU NEED TO BE FLOGGED grin ( Download : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey)

4. Photo Grid: Oh yeah we all know about Piccmix.. but Photo grid is the real deal. To picmix, photogrid is like superman steroids -__-... the various collage layouts it has plus the ability to create video slides and flimstrips makes Photo Grid the best collage maker in THE WORLD.

5. ES File Explorer: WOW no words for this baby right here,..... ES file explorer is the best the best the best file manager in the app kingdom.. the benefits are so many i cant even start listing them out here but i would let you in on one....,now imagine if you want to transfer a 4GB file to your friend, we all know bluetooth sucks for that kind of job, ES file explorer comes in and saves the day by transferring that large file in just a matter of minutes.. YES 4GB file transfer in minutes and yeah IT IS FREE.

In as much as i have other cool apps that are also important, the apps up here are the best in its category so if you don't have them click on the download links and become awesome.. (Thank me later)

Do share with your friends and let them worship you.
well.., I have just ONE out of your list. So who is gonna flog me? You? cheesy cheesy
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
THE MOST IMPORTANT IS YOUR BIBLE -YOU CAN'T DO WITHOUT IT

3 Likes

Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Lexusgs430: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2014
DoroBen:

The app this babe listed wont sink any man's boat

Lol. So I assume the listed apps are rocking your boat? Bon voyage!!!!!
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by tomiobj(m): 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2014
95% of Nigerians own an android. When children make up more than 10% nd most pple can't afford an android
TechyGirl:
Okay since more than 95% of Nigerians already use an android phone, i would be letting you in on my TOP 5 UTILITY apps you must have in your android device, be warned these apps very good smiley

1. Find-A-Med ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.find_a_med.app) : This is a must app for you if you are a Nigerian .. it is amazinnnng because it is made specifically for Nigerians ......Do you know what it means to get access to all accredited hospitals, pharmacies, dentist, veterinaries, baba alawo(JUST KIDDING) wherever you are in Nigeria? ....In just 2 seconds the app locates the nearest medical centers close to you ..amazing right! ...Still not convinced?.. The app also provides you with daily health tips and keeps track of your health history. I repeat This is a MUST HAVE APP and if you dont have it make sure you download it. it would help you in so many ways trust me smiley

2. True Caller (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.truecaller): If you do not have true caller app installed on your phone then you are missing out on a great deal. Now picture this, you have this number disturbing your phone's peace (aka stalkers) and you dont really know who it might be, or you are like me who doesn't like picking up unknown numbers. True caller comes to the rescue by displaying the person's identity anytime he/she calls. if you are a girl you need this more because of them stalkers out here cheesy

3. SwiftKey: I am sure most of you know this app by now.. if you do not have this app installed.. You need to be flogged ..lol.. this apps makes your typing speed improve in a flash, i mean it is like a magician, it knows what you are about to type and corrects any mistakes you make automatically. I repeat.. if you do not have this app in your android device.. YOU NEED TO BE FLOGGED grin ( Download : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey)

4. Photo Grid: Oh yeah we all know about Piccmix.. but Photo grid is the real deal. To picmix, photogrid is like superman steroids -__-... the various collage layouts it has plus the ability to create video slides and flimstrips makes Photo Grid the best collage maker in THE WORLD.

5. ES File Explorer: WOW no words for this baby right here,..... ES file explorer is the best the best the best file manager in the app kingdom.. the benefits are so many i cant even start listing them out here but i would let you in on one....,now imagine if you want to transfer a 4GB file to your friend, we all know bluetooth sucks for that kind of job, ES file explorer comes in and saves the day by transferring that large file in just a matter of minutes.. YES 4GB file transfer in minutes and yeah IT IS FREE.

In as much as i have other cool apps that are also important, the apps up here are the best in its category so if you don't have them click on the download links and become awesome.. (Thank me later)

Do share with your friends and let them worship you.
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by DoroBen: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
Lero15:
well.., I have just ONE out of your list. So who is gonna flog me? You? cheesy cheesy

Lol Guy you funny
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Osyxcel(m): 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
Of all those apps, the only ones I find useful are:

1. ES explorer

2. PhotoGrid
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by sniperwolf(m): 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
Oxasbi:

Opera max is for reducing or compressing of data when browsing, Ideal for streaming.
No root firewall is preventing your apps from using ur data without your permission.

Opera Max can also restrict apps from accessing the internet without the user's permission.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Opera Max does what NoRoot Firewall does and even better.

The only downside is that the app doesn’t autostart itself
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by sniperwolf(m): 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
oberttechnology:

OperaMax is shiit. Fake saving. If u use Es file explorer, it has a float window u use to monitor ur data usage. Uld get to see that operamx aint saving shit. If i have 4gb. Operamax will tell me i have used 3.5gb and it has saved 500mb.
Lies check ur data uld see uve used up d 4gb sef.

Opera Max can also restrict apps from accessing the internet without the user's permission.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Opera Max does what NoRoot Firewall does and even better.

The only downside is that the app doesn’t autostart itself
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by sniperwolf(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
oberttechnology:

OperaMax is shiit. Fake saving. If u use Es file explorer, it has a float window u use to monitor ur data usage. Uld get to see that operamx aint saving shit. If i have 4gb. Operamax will tell me i have used 3.5gb and it has saved 500mb.
Lies check ur data uld see uve used up d 4gb sef.

How can I do that with ES File Explorer? Can see any menu for that
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Lero15(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2014
DoroBen:

Lol Guy you funny
lol. Abi na you she send?
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by deleo16(m): 9:28pm On Oct 22, 2014
Please guys any app that can read PDF files
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Lexusgs430: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
deleo16:
Please guys any app that can read PDF files

EZ PDF or Moon Reader
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by darlingnuel(m): 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
Cool post!

1 Like

Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by DoroBen: 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
Osyxcel:
Of all those apps, the only ones I find useful are:

1. ES explorer

2. PhotoGrid

Guy that Find-A-Med app too try oh.. you no go know when you need am
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by darlingnuel(m): 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
TechyGirl:
How can I transfer a large file between phones using ES File Explorer?
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by unanonso(m): 9:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
Oxasbi:

Opera max is for reducing or compressing of data when browsing, Ideal for streaming.
No root firewall is preventing your apps from using ur data without your permission.

Opera max also blocks your apps from using data
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by TechyGirl(f): 10:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
darlingnuel:
Cool post!

Thank you smiley hope you downloaded the apps?
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by TechyGirl(f): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
darlingnuel:
How can I transfer a large file between phones using ES File Explorer?

It is easy.. activate the wifi hotspot in your phone ( please switch off your mobile data) tell your friend to connect to your wifi hotspot.. open es file explorer click on more... and click send .. then chillax and watch it move in a speed of light.. grin

1 Like

Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
sniperwolf:

How can I do that with ES File Explorer? Can see any menu for that
Click on anti cost. Traffic monitor and enable it.

I uninstalled my operamax. It does autostart. Byt i noticed it slows down my network. Try unistalling it and browse. Uld feel d diffrence.
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Osyxcel(m): 6:34am On Oct 23, 2014
DoroBen:

Guy that Find-A-Med app too try oh.. you no go know when you need am

I'll check it out then. Thanks
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Oahray: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2014
A very girly list. For me, ES File Explorer and SwiftKey are the only real deal there.

True caller uploads info from your phonebook into it's database without permission, and even tries to make profit from the data it steals. I detest the privacy violation. Whatever ID you see there is simply what has been taken from the contacts of another user (without permission), nothing magical. So if you are called 'goat' in their contacts, welcome goat, to truecaller...
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by TechyGirl(f): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2014
Oahray:
A very girly list. For me, ES File Explorer and SwiftKey are the only real deal there.

True caller uploads info from your phonebook into it's database without permission, and even tries to make profit from the data it steals. I detest the privacy violation. Whatever ID you see there is simply what has been taken from the contacts of another user (without permission), nothing magical. So if you are called 'goat' in their contacts, welcome goat, to truecaller...

Nah i dont think it works that way though.. the reason being that if several people have your number and named it differently which one would true caller pick. i think how it works is if i save your number IN THE TRUE CALLER APP as tobi.. everybody gets to see it as that even if someone else might save your number in their SMARTPHONE as GOAT.. grin.. plus you can also unlist your number from true callers directory..
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by DoroBen: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2014
Oahray:

Oga that Find-A-Med app comes in handy oh.. you might not know when you need it ..
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Oahray: 10:41am On Oct 23, 2014
TechyGirl:

Nah i dont think it works that way though.. the reason being that if several people have your number and named it differently which one would true caller pick. i think how it works is if i save your number IN THE TRUE CALLER APP as tobi.. everybody gets to see it as that even if someone else might save your number in their SMARTPHONE as GOAT.. grin.. plus you can also unlist your number from true callers directory..
you don't save your contact details there by yourself, unless when you help suggest a name for a number you've searched. They take it themselves, picking the most common name, or else the first name.

Even people who have no clue what truecaller is, have their names there thanks to the phonebook of truecaller users. Who would unlist them? You?
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by TechyGirl(f): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2014
Oahray:
you don't save your contact details there by yourself, unless when you help suggest a name for a number you've searched. They take it themselves, picking the most common name, or else the first name.

Even people who have no clue what truecaller is, have their names there thanks to the phonebook of truecaller users. Who would unlist them? You?

Sigh.. If you dont like the fact that your name is on True Caller.. Simple go here http://www.truecaller.com/unlist and unlist shikena.

1 Like

Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by TechyGirl(f): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Lero15:

LOOL me of course... better go and download tongue
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by stonemind(f): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
okonja:
incomplete without NoRoot Firewall
saving data since 2010

incase you don't know, na me be the FTC grin grin grin grin

my broda make god bless you for that..and you have to include applock thats if yu care for your privacy its a must have...
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by Lero15(m): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
TechyGirl:

LOOL me of course... better go and download tongue
lol. I will do accordingly, ma. I once heard tech savvy babes like you can really flog. I wouldn't wanna be a victim cheesy cheesy
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by bregeard(m): 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
okonja:
incomplete without NoRoot Firewall
saving data since 2010

incase you don't know, na me be the FTC grin grin grin grin

lol..bro ur price too high
Re: My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device by okonja(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
bregeard:
lol..bro ur price too high

I ain't competing with anyone... cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Mymtn App And Get Free 500MB Data / Can't Check Glo Data Balance / Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.