Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Tribute To Catherine Mulbah: My Liberian Friend Lost To Ebola. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tribute To Catherine Mulbah: My Liberian Friend Lost To Ebola. (764 Views)

Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh / Due To Ebola Scare! Many Lagosians Stay At Home / A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To Catherine Mulbah: My Liberian Friend Lost To Ebola. by mekaboy(m): 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
Tribute to my Liberian Friend: Catherine Mulbah

I met her during a visit in Ghana last year, We talked about a lot of things, from the Liberian war, to the orphanage she grew up when she lost her parents after the war, the struggles she went through and what life was like . I still remember her looking outside the balcony one night and said “ WOW, LIGHT IS LIFE“ for years in Liberia there have not had electricity, people must buy fuel to on gen on a daily bases, there was no sign of electricity. This was the everyday life in Liberia.

she also tried out some Nigerian Dishes Like Peper Soup and Nkwobi at a Nigerian Restaurant in Ghana. She said she was going back to Liberia to complete a course she enrolled for in a week time. I promised to help in anyway I could to support the orphanage, as she said she and other members who have grown and are out of the orphanage home still visit to help the kids that are there.

She left for Liberia and I Left for Nigeria a week later. We did chat from time to time on facebook , she said she will visit Nigeria one of these days and I said she should let me know when she is in town. When the news of the Ebola outbreak came up, I was still seeing updates of her pics, and posts she made on her wall so I was not worried. I knew she was not affected. About a month ago, I felt I should send her a message on facebook, since I have not chatted with her in a while. I asked if she was OK and how things were in Liberia.

I did not get any response, and assumed she probably was busy. Last week she post the pic of a new baby and said Thank GOD for this gift. I liked the pic and hoped we will chat soon.
2days ago is saw people writing RIP on her facebook wall, I could not just believe my eyes. From the comments I read, she was refused entry into the hospital because of the ebola virus situation .

A lot of thought kept going through my mind, I kept asking myself questions.

When did she contact this virus?

Did she have this virus before delivery?

Could she have been pregnant in quarantine?

How would she feel when she found out she had this virus while pregnant?

How would she feel knowing she was going to die and not live to take care of this baby?

Did she have the virus when I sent her the message?

Why couldn’t she talk to me about it?

Could she have read the messages and insults Nigerians posted about Liberia and Patrick sawyer, that she felt ashamed and decided to keep this to herself?

After all she has been through in life, why will she end like this?

Who is doing this to Africa?

Where is this deadly virus from ?

How will she be pregnant in isolation, knowing that when she dies, nobody will attend to her burial ?

He friends can’t even attend her burial, neither can i. This could be the worst thing that can happen to anyone.
Now, I know Ebola is real. Now I can feel the pain of the Liberians.

There is very little I can do for u now, but to let the world know I came across a nice person like u in this life.

GOD KNOWS BEST. RIP CATHERINE MULBAH

Re: Tribute To Catherine Mulbah: My Liberian Friend Lost To Ebola. by naijarates(m): 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry RIP- GOD SAVE LIBERIA AND THE WORLD FROM EBOLA.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Catherine Mulbah: My Liberian Friend Lost To Ebola. by JiggamanGh: 12:22am On Oct 23, 2014
Very sad story, that's why I get piss off when people make jokes about ebola on this forum. So many people have lost their lives to this dangerous disease and continues to loose lives. Not everyone is as fortunate as we are. No one knows what tomorrow may bring so when our brothers and sisters are in trouble we shouldn't alienate the situation and make fun of their situation.

Rip to your friend, God deliver us from the evil of man. End this with one my favorite verse

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Re: Tribute To Catherine Mulbah: My Liberian Friend Lost To Ebola. by freda506(f): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2014
So sad. cry sad

What would happen to the little child now? What would be its fate? May her soul rest in peace.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Men Perfumes Do Have A Strong Scent / Almost Every Topic Makes Fp Now / Loving An Introvert As An Extrovert.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.