Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? (4286 Views)

Funny Or Scary? See Photos Of Newborns And Toddlers Who Look Like Grumpy Old Men / Today is Kevin Pam's Birthday. / Jim Iyke Has An 11-Year-Old Son That He Just Got To Know About! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by franklyn009(m): 12:32am On Oct 23, 2014
In my opinion, kevin hart is not that funny, he is just over hyped. When you watch him, he tries way too hard to look and sound funny, which is annoying sometimes.
When it comes to acting, he is good but not comedy.
Looking at the likes of Chris Rock, you see natural, stress free comedy. looking at him alone gat you laughing, then his intonation is some else.

My opinion tho......wat do u think guys and which other comedian do u think is over hyped,?

1 Like

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by okonja(m): 12:34am On Oct 23, 2014
I think you are hating and need to go and sleep now...It's 12:34AM angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by slimyem: 12:41am On Oct 23, 2014
I would shoot the dude if I ever crossed him in real life. That's how much I dislike him. Nothing he 's said or done in any of his movies has ever made me laugh. He does tries too hard and it's so glaring.

1 Like

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by moneyexpert: 1:24am On Oct 23, 2014
Kip hating while he is still balling
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by bunmioguns(m): 1:44am On Oct 23, 2014
Kevin Hart?

undecided
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by mayokhun(m): 2:27am On Oct 23, 2014
Why you con dey beef am... Mai guy dey where hin dey dey make money, whether hin funny or not he dey get paper nd na dat one be the koko..
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by naijaboiy: 2:45am On Oct 23, 2014
Now every musician,comedian and actor is over-hyped ? undecided

People that are making big money day in day out from their creativity and talent.

Then somebody will just relax behind his BlackBerry javelin screen to analyse and criticise

Nawa o undecided

10 Likes

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by Raiders: 3:38am On Oct 23, 2014
He is not a natural comedian. I think he force most of his jokes to look funny. Dave Chappelle is way funny and better than him. Hart is a good actor but not a funny stand up comedian

2 Likes

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by scobaba: 5:23am On Oct 23, 2014
Don't know. About his skills as a stand up comedian but as per his movies......dat guy is good abeg.
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by philantoxx(m): 6:25am On Oct 23, 2014
so u left all your local comedians to criticize Kevin??
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by Lucasbalo(m): 6:30am On Oct 23, 2014
He's overrated.
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by uchihahinata: 6:43am On Oct 23, 2014
The guy is just overrated anyhow. I will go for my chris rock anytime anyday

1 Like

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by tammyboy1(m): 7:08am On Oct 23, 2014
Whaever,i just like the dude and his facial expressions
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by elobyobi: 7:34am On Oct 23, 2014
Of course most Nigerians don't understand jokes told by American or British comedians. Hell, half of the time they can't even make out the words the comedians are saying. And if u didn't know what a Starbucks or who Monica Lewinsky was, jokes about them wouldn't amuse u, understandably.

So, @OP...We must never expose our ignorance and ignorantly label it as "criticism". My advice to you: stick with the pidgin-speaking Warri, Lagos and Benin comedians we have here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by zionwest(m): 8:37am On Oct 23, 2014
Whoever that made this topic up should work on his sense of humour..he is funny and you are obviously a saddist..it's the fuckin' truth

1 Like

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by franklyn009(m): 9:23am On Oct 23, 2014
okonja:
I think you are hating and need to go and sleep now...It's 12:34AM angry angry
no, I don't hate him bro....in fact I love his movies anytime anyday, but I just notice dat he tried way too hard to sound funny. The comedy part of him is not natural except for his stature.
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by franklyn009(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2014
elobyobi:
Of course most Nigerians don't understand jokes told by American or British comedians. Hell, half of the time they can't even make out the words the comedians are saying. And if u didn't know what a Starbucks or who Monica Lewinsky was, jokes about them wouldn't amuse u, understandably.

So, @OP...We must never expose our ignorance and ignorantly label it as "criticism". My advice to you: stick with the pidgin-speaking Warri, Lagos and Benin comedians we have here in Nigeria.
I understand their jokes very well
Listen to Chris Rock jokes n den Kevin hart u will see the difference.
one just talk and get his audience laughing while the other goes to the extent of looking silly to pass out his jokes which are sometimes not too creative.
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by Shadbay(m): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2014
I concur with the op.. Kevin Hart really isnt good at all in stand ups.. He's too concious nd tries so damn hard to sound funny or look funny.. He's typically overrated. And dont tell me anything about not understanding American comedy due to their regular pop culture references,i digg every piece of their humor. Starting from Richard pryor to Eddie nd charlie murphy,Dave Chappelle, Robin williams,Chris rock, Bernie Mac, Chris Tucker, Katt Williams, Jamie foxx, Cedric the entertainer ,Martin lawrence,just a few to mention.. Now those artistes are what I call funny.. They get you cackling easily and without breakkin a sweat... Mr. Hart is so so overrated. My conclusion is solely based on stand-ups. #nohating

4 Likes

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by elobyobi: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
franklyn009:

I understand their jokes very well
Listen to Chris Rock jokes n den Kevin hart u will see the difference.
one just talk and get his audience laughing while the other goes to the extent of looking silly to pass out his jokes which are sometimes not too creative.

And both make tons of money doing it. Kinda like Basketmouth and Klint the drunk. Different roads to wealth. Even the same road has different vehicles

1 Like

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by franklyn009(m): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
Shadbay:
I concur with the op.. Kevin Hart really isnt good at all in stand ups.. He's too concious nd tries so damn hard to sound funny or look funny.. He's typically overrated. And dont tell me anything about not understanding American comedy due to their regular pop culture references,i digg every piece of their humor. Starting from Richard pryor to Eddie nd charlie murphy,Dave Chappelle, Robin williams,Chris rock, Bernie Mac, Chris Tucker, Katt Williams, Jamie foxx, Cedric the entertainer ,Martin lawrence,just a few to mention.. Now those artistes are what I call funny.. They get you cackling easily and without breakkin a sweat... Mr. Hart is so so overrated. My conclusion is solely based on stand-ups. #nohating
Thank you very much.......u said it all.
Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by ifyndy(f): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
I listened to Him attentively for one hour Wifout laffin, only to realize dat I Was so angry wif my Sef n wif d audience on d set.

1 Like

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
To each their own for me he's good.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by Francheezy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hmmmm....

Re: Is Kevin Hart That Funny Or Is He Just Being Over Hyped? by Odkboy23(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hez forcing it and itz not funny......he's overrated

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Female Musicians Not Beautiful? Why....??? / Shocking Photos Of Kenya’s Hottest Video Vixen, Vera Sidika Before Bleaching / Linda Ikeji And Sisters Dancing ( Nice Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.