Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

A Moratorium On Nollywood! In The Name Of God,allah,buddha,all The Saints.... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Moratorium On Nollywood! In The Name Of God,allah,buddha,all The Saints.... (799 Views)

Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God / New York Times Magazine Profile Documentary On Nollywood / "footprint Of God" Found In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Moratorium On Nollywood! In The Name Of God,allah,buddha,all The Saints.... by kikuyu1(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2014
....Jesus,Joseph and do g style Mary! Seriously,you can do better! These clumsily scripted ,poorly acted cliche ridden dramas beloved of domestic unsupervised workers and other simple minds are retarding continental development. How many times will we see the same shoddy bs passed off as entertainment?
I'm not saying produce CGI blockbusters but please do better than this ish!

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnCOl9Bv-eGEDbmhKgr_dm1dwF_n2lYfP1p97Yxu2iNK71hcS6mQ[/img]

While you're at it retire these dudes-PLEASE!
[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvRllefSf638TRGj-XWHEJynHdarAmjPAaWv062_1WCi9qVqmj4A[/img]

Kenyans aren't the most creative in the world and we had a similar situation in 2003 just after the Moi era. Our then Info min placed a moratorium on local TV productions demanding more local content and better quality. It worked;please try it out-Nollywood isn't a good reflection on Naij or Africans.
Re: A Moratorium On Nollywood! In The Name Of God,allah,buddha,all The Saints.... by kikuyu1(m): 8:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Now you've gone into straight p orn!! GASP!! That's the wrong route-you should've first improved the quality of Nollywood productions cause now you'll be stuck in the cesspool of the lowest common denominator and you'll never escape.

Afrocandy in Destructive Instinct

[img]http://thisisafrica.me/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/02/censored.jpg[/img]

Yes,she's Igbo but is this where you want to go?
Re: A Moratorium On Nollywood! In The Name Of God,allah,buddha,all The Saints.... by RedboneSmith(m): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Presently, there are Nigerian filmmakers turning out really really decent films and winning awards on the continent. The likes of Kunle Afolayan, Obi Emelonye, etc.

If you choose to keep watching low-budget nonsense, that is entirely your business, but don't say the nonsense you choose to watch is representative of Nollywood as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: A Moratorium On Nollywood! In The Name Of God,allah,buddha,all The Saints.... by kikuyu1(m): 8:08am On Aug 08, 2016
RedboneSmith:
Presently, there are Nigerian filmmakers turning out really really decent films and winning awards on the continent. The likes of Kunle Afolayan, Obi Emelonye, etc.

If you choose to keep watching low-budget nonsense, that is entirely your business, but don't say the nonsense you choose to watch is representative of Nollywood as a whole.

I don't watch that ish! I couldn't even if I tried-I'll try out Kunle and Obi before commenting.

(1) (Reply)

Please Ooo Is This Proverb Good To Go??? / European Names & Nigerians Living Abroad / Igbo Woman Vs Warri Family War Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.