Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? (2545 Views)

Mi Or Jesse Jagz, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Tiwa Savage And Tonto Dike Who Is The Better Musician / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
I was just wondering, i sometimes hear people on the TV saying marijuana is the key to good music and all that, loads of people even debate about it (I even heard shakespeare used to toke on good weed for his writing prowess), but for me it does create amazing music it just makes the music that I'm playing sound really nice for my ears and when something comes along, it sounds great but when you hear it again it sounds average.

Moreover, The list of musicians who have praised the green goes on and on from there. Everyone from Bob Dylan, The Beatles, OutKast, Alanis Morissette, Willie Nelson, Wiz khalifa, lil wayne, Snoop Dogg, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley celebrate the drug as a key creative tool and also our local musicians here i.e Burna boy and the rest are not exempted.

But yeah everyone's different so what's your opinion? is it true? Do people make good music while stoned or Is there more to a jam than a joint?
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
its hype!

it doesn't make you what you're not.

it only makes you think you're better than you were before taking it.

it gives you this feeling that you're better and stronger meanwhile you only 'feel' it(thats why most peeps who pick a fight because of the 'feel' after taking weed get beaten up grin)

and to the music aspect, it doesn't make you a better musician. it makes you 'feel' you write/sing better under the influence.

forget bob marley, fela grin it can even make you sing gibberish e.g weedzkid. funny enough they call the 'feel' inspiration.

weed does not make you do anything better. rather, it only makes you think so.

1 Like

Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
I think if the person has the talent already, weed might give additional inspiration/boost.

Just ma opinion...

2 Likes

Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
its hype!

it doesn't make you what you're not.

it only makes you think you're better than you were before taking it.

it gives you this feeling that you're better and stronger meanwhile you only 'feel' it(thats why most peeps who pick a fight because of the 'feel' after taking weed get beaten up grin)

and to the music aspect, it doesn't make you a better musician. it makes you 'feel' you write/sing better under the influence.

forget bob marley, fela grin it can even make you sing gibberish e.g weedzkid. funny enough they call the 'feel' inspiration.

weed does not make you do anything better. rather, it only makes you think so.

Lol.. That fighting line cracked me up
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I think if the person has the talent already, weed might give additional inspiration/boost.

Just ma opinion...
Aiii.. Buh what of those that enjoys listening to music more under the same influence
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
valmunich:

Aiii.. Buh what of those that enjoys listening to music more under the same influence

lol...you speaking for yosef sweetie?
You should tell me how that feels.
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lol...you speaking for yosef sweetie?
You should tell me how that feels.
Lol.. It makes for better understanding of the lyrics and the music altogether
And when you take it whole lisning to music, it takes you to cloud 9 faster

That's what someone said oh grin
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by jejemanito: 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2014
valmunich:
I was just wondering, i sometimes hear people on the TV saying marijuana is the key to good music and all that, loads of people even debate about it (I even heard shakespeare used to toke on good weed for his writing prowess), but for me it does create amazing music it just makes the music that I'm playing sound really nice for my ears and when something comes along, it sounds great but when you hear it again it sounds average.

Moreover, The list of musicians who have praised the green goes on and on from there. Everyone from Bob Dylan, The Beatles, OutKast, Alanis Morissette, Willie Nelson, Wiz khalifa, lil wayne, Snoop Dogg, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley celebrate the drug as a key creative tool and also our local musicians here i.e Burna boy and the rest are not exempted.

But yeah everyone's different so what's your opinion? is it true? Do people make good music while stoned or Is there more to a jam than a joint?
Weed increases a musician level of thinking

It makes you think like a philosopher

It exponentiates ones level of inspiration

+remember these are the good side effects+
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
@ops i think it depends on what weed makes u feel.i got introduce to dis stuffs by my ex lesotho girl friend n i bcome addictive to it. mine use to make me sleep n hunger til when i came bak home frm Leeds(uk) i ws dam broke n frustrated.... so i decide to stop it... though it wsn't easy for me sha,gat to stop it because of some one dear to me. so it depends....
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
sameer1212:
@ops i think it depends on what weed makes u feel.i got introduce to dis stuffs by my ex lesotho girl friend n i bcome addictive to it. mine use to make me sleep n hunger til when i came bak home frm Leeds(uk) i ws dam broke n frustrated.... so i decide to stop it... though it wsn't easy for me sha,gat to stop it because of some one dear to me. so it depends....

Wow.. It's hard to stop that stuff shaa

It's better not started at all
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
valmunich:

Wow.. It's hard to stop that stuff shaa

It's better not started at all
yeah it's hard for one to stop it bt with determination everything is posible.
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
Cc
Iceberylin
Rapzino
Rapsainot
Naijaboiy
Logicalmindy
Tosyne2much
Chibwike
Neldrizzy
Dygeasy
Djeezy
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
I doubt.

I think weed only enhance their stage performance.

That's all

1 Like

Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Rapzino: 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
valmunich:
Cc
Iceberylin
Rapzino
Rapsainot
Naijaboiy
Logicalmindy
Tosyne2much
Chibwike
Neldrizzy
Dygeasy
Djeezy
i don't think so, i know some guys who don't smoke but are doing well musically.

1 Like

Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by djeezy(m): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
valmunich:

hahahaha. Nice thread. I remember when my room mate asked me to buy weed for him so that he will use it to boost his brain or something. He justified it and told me that God put it there so we humans can smoke and that it's natural. I didn't take it tho, and so he'd prefer to put it in his tea. In my own, weed brings out something in you. If someone who is intelligent takes it, his reasoning becomes high and if a fool takes it so does his folly increase. It only brings out that which you are. Then if musicians take it, enter the studio and release a hit song, then that weed must have been a sort of inspiration.
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Rapsainot(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Just ma opinion...
you said my mind. Abi, it's not possible for just anybody on the street to take weed and start writing good music... Weed can't make you a good musician, it only brings the best outta you.
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by tosyne2much(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
It's of no doubt that intake of hard substance gives inspiration. However, it makes one perform exceedenly without any fear or anxiety

I'll say some type of music encourages weeds and all sorts just for inspiration

BTW. It doesn't work for all kinds of music, take for example blues and some other cool music

1 Like

Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
djeezy:
hahahaha. Nice thread. I remember when my room mate asked me to buy weed for him so that he will use it to boost his brain or something. He justified it and told me that God put it there so we humans can smoke and that it's natural. I didn't take it tho, and so he'd prefer to put it in his tea. In my own, weed brings out something in you. If someone who is intelligent takes it, his reasoning becomes high and if a fool takes it so does his folly increase. It only brings out that which you are. Then if musicians take it, enter the studio and release a hit song, then that weed must have been a sort of inspiration.
Lol grin

This your friend is hilarious

Was there any positive effect of the weed on him?
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by djeezy(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
valmunich:

Lol grin

This your friend is hilarious

Was there any positive effect of the weed on him?
he started to challenge lecturers in class embarassed shey that's positive sad?
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 12:00am On Oct 24, 2014
djeezy:
he started to challenge lecturers in class embarassed shey that's positive sad?
Hehehe

It's partly negative and positive

Positive in the sense that some lecturers understands nothing other than challenges
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Ethereal0110(f): 9:01am On Oct 24, 2014
apart from smoking it, can it be drank as tea grin, smoking will give u cancer of the lungs :-(
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Rapsainot(m): 9:03am On Oct 24, 2014
Ethereal0110:
apart from smoking it, can it be drank as tea grin, smoking will give u cancer of the lungs :-(
shocked please don't eat or drink it if you can't smoke it.... It's highly dangerous oooo
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Ethereal0110(f): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2014
ok thanks i will take lipton tea then cheesy grin
Rapsainot:
shocked please don't eat or drink it if you can't smoke it.... It's highly dangerous oooo
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Rapsainot(m): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2014
I
Ethereal0110:
ok thanks i will take lipton tea then cheesy grin
better
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by iceberylin(m): 9:50am On Oct 24, 2014
valmunich:
Cc

Mehn....that weed dh really help; grin
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
iceberylin:

Mehn....that weed dh really help; grin
Lol.. I know you're a pro at taking it grin
Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by Pdizzle(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2014
Kush doesn't make you what you're not, it just brings hype. I write rap, poems and stories and i prefer to that when sober. Most artists use it mostly for stage performance and those reggae artists have been taking it from a very young age, say 6 or 7, so they cant do without it. Damian Marley said he doesn't remember making music without smoking, and he has been singing since 14.

1 Like

Re: Does Weed Actually Make For A Better Musician? by valmunich(m): 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2014

(1) (Reply)

International Music Videos Download Websites / Download Naija Music / Outdated content (Removed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.