Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Women; And Their Lack Of Appreciation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Women; And Their Lack Of Appreciation (1454 Views)

The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD / Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? / My Gift of appreciation 2all FBT Gurus/Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women; And Their Lack Of Appreciation by Sepp360(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2014
I am reminded of something a Rev. Fr said: "if the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough".

Everyone wants to feel appreciated. For many, appreciation is just saing thank you. But appreciation just only begins with saying 'thanks'. True appreciation is not only recognizing someone's excellent effort and contribution. The term actually means "to recognize and enjoy" a person's value or good qualities. It means showing respect and understanding, as well as gratitude. But unfortunately, many folks don't know this, especially the women.

One of the biggest places where i see a lack of respect and appreciation is in the relationship between men and women; and when it comes to lack of gratitude and appreciation; it's women who are the biggest offenders.

Men have generally been protectors and provider, and now that's being thrown in their faces, even taken away. And what do women reciprocate with? Contempt and disrespect.

Women generaly, think it is their natural right to get things/help from men on a platter of gold, maybe because of thier full awareness of having feminine assets, which are now "organs of utility", to them shaaa. For most women, plain generousity is meaningless and just an English word with clusters of vowel and consonant sounds, especially when it's coming from an opposite sex. They have this mindset that when a man does a good deed for them, all he wants in return is nothing but sex; and with this orientation, they tend to become total ingrates. Even the "precious gift" is hardly given. This singular way of behaviour has precipitated a counter attitude from most men. They now already know that all you can offer in return...is sex.
But let the truth be told for once, not all men need that "10Minutes fun" as a form of gratitute. Being sincerely grateful, or even simply saying "an honest thank you" wouldn't make you infertile. Though, sex can be a wonderful offer, if and only if it's a gift from the heart, and the reciever is truely happy and willing to accept it.

What i'm saying in essence is that, women fundamentally lack the ability to fully realise, much less appreciate the sacrifices a man makes to facilitate their reality. Even the most enlightened, appreciative woman you know still operates in a feminine-centric reality. And this is a very fat problem.

Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything else in return. Keep the "give and recieve cycle" flowing.
Thanks.
Re: Women; And Their Lack Of Appreciation by rinrin23(f): 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
There is so much truth in what you've outlined here. I look at my fellow woman and see the ungrateful and expectant nature ingrained in most of us. Most struggle, steal, lie, bleach etc to be beautiful in order to be liked and treated nice by a man who would shower them in gifts they can/should be able to afford on their own. Its sad to see the way women portray themselves these days.

Regarding men being kind for sex, -we weren't born with this mentality, growing up we each have had experiences that have lead us to that conclusion.

Personally I try to be as grateful as possible and appreciate all forms of kindness thrown at me, whether or not I know the end game. I feign ignorance and accept the kindness because I am a genuine person and I naively expect people to be genuine. But honestly a greater percentage of the time its about sex; whether days, weeks, months or years later, it comes out. But I of-course wouldn't discredit or ignore the lesser percentage genuine men out there.

Its not just about sex, or the male/female relationship. Its the world we live in that pushes the idea that 'Generosity is power', and the next person is simply sowing a seed to be harvested later. This is what makes people (not just women) suspicious of each other. A male friend of mine has a female boss buying him gifts all the time and he thinks its only a matter of time before she'll ask for (sexual) favours. Its not just women. People in general have grown suspicious of each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women; And Their Lack Of Appreciation by Sepp360(m): 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
rinrin23:
There is so much truth in what you've outlined here. I look at my fellow woman and see the ungrateful and expectant nature ingrained in most of us. Most struggle, steal, lie, bleach etc to be beautiful in order to be liked and treated nice by a man who would shower them in gifts they can/should be able to afford on their own. Its sad to see the way women portray themselves these days.

Regarding men being kind for sex, -we weren't born with this mentality, growing up we each have had experiences that have lead us to that conclusion.

Personally I try to be as grateful as possible and appreciate all forms of kindness thrown at me, whether or not I know the end game. I feign ignorance and accept the kindness because I am a genuine person and I naively expect people to be genuine. But honestly a greater percentage of the time its about sex; whether days, weeks, months or years later, it comes out. But I of-course wouldn't discredit or ignore the lesser percentage genuine men out there.

Its not just about sex, or the male/female relationship. Its the world we live in that pushes the idea that 'Generosity is power', and the next person is simply sowing a seed to be harvested later. This is what makes people (not just women) suspicious of each other. A male friend of mine has a female boss buying him gifts all the time and he thinks its only a matter of time before she'll ask for (sexual) favours. Its not just women. People in general have grown suspicious of each other.
wow!... Full of sense.
Actually, you really surprised me. I thought that the first female to comment would bash the hell outa me. But you "disappointed" me. Lolz.
Thanks dearie.
Re: Women; And Their Lack Of Appreciation by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
You are inviting
bashing and insults by tagging 'women'.

Me think a man or a woman could be unappreciative.

Roll with the right people and get your deserved honour and gratitude..

Generally,human beings are insatiable..
Re: Women; And Their Lack Of Appreciation by Sepp360(m): 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
Odilafta:
You are inviting
bashing and insults by tagging 'women'.

Me think a man or a woman could be unappreciative.

Roll with the right people and get your deserved honour and gratitude..

Generally,human beings are insatiable..
Insults are always invited but can't be welcomed. I actually know that humans generally can be ungrateful, but that of women is the worse. I wouldn't consume the whole space giving instances and telling true stories to prove my point.

It's not about blaming them falsely, it's about them (women) realizing the crux of the issue and change for good.

(1) (Reply)

This Is How People Get Screwed; A Little Motivation / How Do U Sleep? Clothed,half Clothed Or Unclothed. (pix) / Happy Birthday To My Dearest Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.