Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji (3013 Views)

My Portrait Painting Portfolio Artist Ayeola Ayodeji / Portrait Painting Demostration Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji Abiodun Artist In / Portrait Painting By Ayeola Ayodeji Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by damilolaandrew: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2014
Portrait painting of Popular pastor in Lagos Pastor Chris Okotie by Ayeola Ayodeji.
Enjoy......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OgcaNpo2o
Watch the making video of pastor chris portrait painting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by damilolaandrew: 9:14am On Oct 24, 2014
portrait painting of pastor chris okotie by Ayeola Ayodeji

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by sandraehiz(f): 9:16am On Oct 24, 2014
Waoh so real.... well painted... Ayeola Ayodeji you re soo good

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2014
Did you prime your canvas, if so why do I see wrinkles? Good job though.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by bidexolumanish(m): 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
blink182:
Did you prime your canvas, if so why do I see wrinkles? Good job though.
i do draw but am nt really into it,pls wat is canvas?
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
bidexolumanish:
i do draw but am nt really into it,pls wat is canvas?
canvas is any material stretched on a frame and primed so it can be easily drawn or painted on. It could be leather, cloth or any material that fits the description enough. When leather is used as canvas, there is no need to prime it because it is not porous ie it does not absorb artist's medium of expression which is mostly oil paint-not the oil paint you buy in the market, these ones are in tubes and a lot more expensive.

On the other hand, cloth-the baft cloth, is the canvas of choice but before it becomes canvas, you need to staple it to a wooden frame that has the dimension of the final work the artist has in mind you staple it hard enough so when you start painting, the cloth doesn't bend and ruin your work. After stretching properly, you prime the stretched cloth. Priming is done to stop the cloth from absorbing paint used on it. The artist mixes top bond furniture gum-the white one with some water then paints on the stretched cloth until the entire surface to be painted on is completely covered. I think paint is also added-white emulsion paint. When the cloth dries, you have a canvas and you can proceed with painting with oil paint. You may dilute your paint with kerosene or linseed oil, the latter being the pro way to go.

Now before I forget, there are factory made canvas that actually look like the material on your canvas footwear. Those things are expensive and most artists shy away from it unless a client is ready to dole out real cash for whatever is to be made from it. A frame of this painting's size could be as expensive as 50k or more, just the canvas. Its been a long time my price may be outdated.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by bidexolumanish(m): 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
blink182:
canvas.
thanks bro,i appreciate,pls can u jst list a very good materials for drawin,e.g d pencils to use and d drawing book or watso ever dey call it.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2014
bidexolumanish:
thanks bro,i appreciate,pls can u jst list a very good materials for drawin,e.g d pencils to use and d drawing book or watso ever dey call it.
sketch pad, hard or soft pencils, pastel, charcoal and ink. When drawing do not erase, use your mistake as a guide. Soft pencils are for shading while hard for drawing lines. Start with HB, you can draw and shade with it.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nice piece of art.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Portrait Painting Step By Step By Ayeola Ayodeji by bidexolumanish(m): 12:48am On Apr 20, 2015
canvas is any material stretched on a frame and primed so it can be easily drawn or painted on. It could be leather, cloth or any material that fits the description enough. When leather is used as canvas, there is no need to prime it because it is not porous ie it does not absorb artist's medium of expression which is mostly oil paint-not the oil paint you buy in the market, these ones are in tubes and a lot more expensive.

On the other hand, cloth-the baft cloth, is the canvas of choice but before it becomes canvas, you need to staple it to a wooden frame that has the dimension of the final work the artist has in mind you staple it hard enough so when you start painting, the cloth doesn't bend and ruin your work. After stretching properly, you prime the stretched cloth. Priming is done to stop the cloth from absorbing paint used on it. The artist mixes top bond furniture gum-the white one with some water then paints on the stretched cloth until the entire surface to be painted on is completely covered. I think paint is also added-white emulsion paint. When the cloth dries, you have a canvas and you can proceed with painting with oil paint. You may dilute your paint with kerosene or linseed oil, the latter being the pro way to go.

Now before I forget, there are factory made canvas that actually look like the material on your canvas footwear. Those things are expensive and most artists shy away from it unless a client is ready to dole out real cash for whatever is to be made from it. A frame of this painting's size could be as expensive as 50k or more, just the canvas. Its been a long time my price may be outdated.
thank u sir,I am naturally talented and I lov artwork so much,I jst nid more explaination or tutor on how to paint and draw,dunno if dia is any tutorial I can download online .

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Graphics/design Editor Who Can Do Magazine Edits And Designs / 2d (traditional/classical) Animation Pencil Test: / High Quality A4 Size Sublimation Transfer Paper For Mug,tile, Phone Case, Tshirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.