Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? (2366 Views)

CSS Styles And Images Not Showing On Website. Help! / Wordpress: Feature And Archieve Images Not Showing / I Uploaded My Website Through Eu.pn Free Subdomain But My Image Dose Not Appear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? by Anayordike(m): 11:03am On Oct 24, 2014
Pls guys I need help here. I ve been uploading images to my website But they refused to display after uploading through Cpanel. The links and codes are in order. Because I use to view the pages I want to upload offline with my browser and all the images do appeared neatly. But will not display after uploading to the internet. Though am not very familiar with Cpanel. I ve been able to do one or two things so far.
Recently, someone helped me move to a new Host. Since then I ve been having this problem.
So Pls anyone with the solutions should help me. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? by neuljosh(m): 11:08am On Oct 24, 2014
what's the name of your new hosting and how is the image showing in your browser after you upload. Is it showing your alt text or nothing is showing at all
Re: Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? by Anayordike(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2014
neuljosh:
what's the name of your new hosting and how is the image showing in your browser after you upload. Is it showing your alt text or nothing is showing at all

Thanks. It displayed the name I gave to the image without showing the image itself.
Re: Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? by Anayordike(m): 11:21am On Oct 24, 2014
neuljosh:

Thanks. It displayed the name I gave to the image without showing the image itself.
Divine design is the name of the new host
Re: Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? by dwebdesign(m): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
Check your image path. Did you upload the images to the root or you uploaded them in a directory. If the image path is ok, images will show. Also check the file permissions give to the image folders if any. For further help or clarification,

Mobile: 08133884165
Whatsapp: 08133884165
BBM: 2BB63350

I will be willing to help where needed.
Re: Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? by Anayordike(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
Thanks. Yes investigating the permission aspect. Anyway I'll get in touch with you soon .
Re: Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? by jidez007: 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
D images r not showing probably bcause u dint gv it d necessary permissions. Check d permissions change it to 644.
Re: Why Are Images Not Displaying On My Website Through Cpanel? by WebHostingPal: 1:14am On Oct 25, 2014
Anayordike:
Pls guys I need help here...

First try and access your site from another computer. If it works on another computer then try the following options; try the first step below and if that doesn't work, move to the next one...

1 - Clear your computer's browser(s) cache. Then try visiting your site again

2 - Go to command prompt on your computer and type in ipconfig /flushdns. Then try visiting your site again

(Note: This step will disconnect your Internet connection, so you have to reconnect after you are done with this step)
3 - Go to command prompt on your computer and type in ipconfig/release. Once done, reconnect back to the internet and try visiting your site again.

If after all the above don't work and your site images are still playing funny; Move on to the steps below.

1 - Check the sources of your web pages, are you using the correct path to the images directory.

2 - Are you using an absolute or relative path ?

3 - Do you know that if you have hotlink protection enabled via cPanel, it will cause your images to act funny like the way you have describe?, if you are linking to the images using "absolute Paths". In this case you have two options, Disable hotlink protection or use "Relative Paths" for internal linking"

Example of "Relative Path: ../images/image1.png"

Example of "Absolute Path: h--p://my-web-address-. com/images/image1.png"

Hope all these make sense.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Free VPN For Android (NIGERIANS), Iphone 2020 / I Need A Very Good Webdesigner To Build A Website For Me / Applying For Adsense, Drop Your URL Let Me Review your site for approval advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.