Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ronaldo Rants Clasico Should Be On Sunday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Rants Clasico Should Be On Sunday (430 Views)

Japan Vs Nigeria (2 - 0): Int'l Women Friendly On Sunday September 22 2013 / TB Joshua: Eagles Will Win On Sunday / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Rants Clasico Should Be On Sunday by Mc4larin: 11:30am On Oct 24, 2014
The forward is unhappy with Real Madrid having
a day less rest than Barcelona and played down
talk of the game simply being a duel between
him and Lionel Messi

Cristiano Ronaldo is furious that Real Madrid's Liga clash with Barcelona is being played on Saturday, thus giving his side less time to prepare for the Clasico than their Catalan rivals.

The pair lock horns for the first time this season at the Santiago Bernabeu this weekend, three days after Carlo Ancelotti's side tormented Liverpool in a 3-0 Champions League victory at Anfield.

Barca, meanwhile, were in action 24 hours earlier, beating Ajax 3-1 at Camp Nou to move a step closer to qualifying from Group F.

Imperious forward Ronaldo, who scored his 20th goal of the season on Merseyside, is baffled as to why El Clasico has not been put back a day in the interest of fairness.

"I don’t really understand why we are playing on
Saturday after having played tonight [Wednesday]," he told reporters at Anfield. "They don’t take care of the details, and El Clasico is the most important game.

"I don’t get it, big games like El Clasico needs to
been looked at in another way - it should really be played on Sunday, not Saturday at 18:00CET.

Any professional will tell you that it’s not the same having two days to recover from a game like this than having three days."

Despite the usual talk of the Clasico being a duel
between Ronaldo and Barca's star forward, Lionel Messi, the 29-year-old Portugese is more concerned about the overall quality of Luis Enrique's Liga leaders.

"It will be a difficult match because Barcelona are playing well," the Portuguese said of Luis Enrique's men, who have not yet conceded in La Liga this season.

"I'm not going to play against Messi, I'm going to
play against Barcelona. They are a great team. Real Madrid and Barcelona are playing each other."

Sauce & Maggi: m.goal.com/x/en/news/5400211/

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Have Dropped Four Points In Manchester / Ronaldo's 100 Million Friends. / Why Marco Reus Is Almost Certain To Leave Dortmund As Bayern And Man City Do Bat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.