Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

1999 Honda Accord Problems... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1999 Honda Accord Problems... (1816 Views)

Is There A Problem With My 1999 Honda Accord? / Honda Accord (1999) Lagos,4 Cylinder. A Green 1999 Honda Accord (baby-boy).(auto / 1999 Honda Accord Auto Transmission Problem: I Need Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1999 Honda Accord Problems... by rainmaker12(m): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2014
Goodday,
My 99 accord has d following faults
1. D4 light blinking and gear wont change
2. My steering goes left and right randomly expecially in an uneven road.
3. My temperature gauge works anytime it like, making it difficult to monitor my engine performance.
4. my rev goes high but d car hesitate with 3,4 sec b4 increasing speed.
Please what may be the solution to these, mechanics have eaten enough from me. tanks
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by doroboss(m): 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Since you have said "experienced men only" let me spread my mat here and wait for them.

1 Like

Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
rainmaker12:
Goodday,
3. My temperature gauge works anytime it like, making it difficult to monitor my engine performance.
Please what may be the solution to these, mechanics have eaten enough from me. tanks

Experienced men only.
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Bro, since you have to say 'experienced men only', here in car talk are learning everyday, hence no one is 'experienced men only'.
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
lomomike:
Bro, since you have to say experienced men only, here in car talk are learning everyday and no one is perfect. So I'd advice you change your grammar.
grin
grin
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
rainmaker12:
Goodday,

Well, that car is experiencing the symptoms of "experienced men only".
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

grin
grin

LA In LA grin.

Shey OP kuku say 'experienced men only', another advice I get for OP is, OP sell the motor as scrap and use the money buy steering and one tyre. Then you go know say na 'experienced men only' challenge you dey experience.

Well, by the way, I dey salute any 'experienced men only' wey go help OP o!

1 Like

Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
lomomike:

LA In LA grin.

Shey OP kuku say 'experienced men only', another advice I get for OP is, OP sell the motor as scrap and use the money buy steering and one tyre. Then you go know say na 'experienced men only' challenge you dey experience.

Well, by the way, I dey salute any 'experienced men only' wey go help OP o!

Inexperienced man tongue
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
Experience my foot.
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by chillex8(m): 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
Wow..
An experienced honda accord meant for experienced men shouldn't be giving you all these problems na

Why not trade in for an in-experienced car

My experienced thoughts bro

1 Like

Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by mayor2013: 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
Experienced men needed for a 1999 honda accord apply within grin. Hello op. Get ready to buy a transmission so that you know we are all inexperienced
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Kanyol(m): 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Make una help the guy joo. By 'experienced men only' I think he means 'people with good knowledge of Honda cars.' And i'm certain most of you here are. He never said 'perfect men only' so why mock the poor dude make una apply una shursh mind abeg

1 Like

Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Lordscrown(m): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
I can't laugh it finish,u guys knows how to mock person o,guys dey vex o,I beg lets help the guy,make una no crucify am cuz the grammar I beg.

Well,as for the d steering dancing shoky from right to left on the road,u shld know that's ur alignment,so go for wheel balancing and alignment,then change ur temperature.

So this is coming from an "experince man"
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by rainmaker12(m): 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
i apologise if my statement was wrong. smiley
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
rainmaker12:
Goodday,
4. my rev goes high but d car hesitate with 3,4 sec b4 increasing speed.

1.Did you recently changed your gearbox oil, if you did, why did you change the oil, and what oil did you put in the gearbox?

2, Check your arms, steering tie-rods, etc.
3. Check your coolant system, the thermostat if its bad, replace with exact functional type. (To determine if your thermostat is functional, put it inside a pot of water and boil it. If it opens, it works if not, its bad and needs replacement.
4. Scan your car bro.

Gazzuzz, come help out this bro!
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
For thr blinking D4 light please scan vehicle.

For the unstable suspension(left and right thing) please get a mechanic to check tie rods, tie rod ends, ball joints, and bushings.
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6EeO5ZXcttkyOB6Zd-zFKsAZPmXgSqcFoDeoEg_7tk0bFBRsIklSE90uK[/img]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDFiiRQ5LVaaEbxKE_ZVx-U3_jMcNXF08S3W9LuGvgSxRIo14lrgKuB6z6cw[/img]

For the eratic temperature, a live scan will tell you if the problem is from the instrument cluster or from the coolant tempreature sensor, the sensor might be faulty(rear cases) harness migh be broken or disconnected(happens all the time) contact to sensor might also be corroded.
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSagINSF91lGWdiK8Lm4scj6Z7Mxi658CuK_EW3-7_V7JCxaQJ4KEgVt5E[/img]

Personally I think you need to switch mechanics.

Good luck.
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by rainmaker12(m): 11:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
For thr blinking D4 light please scan vehicle.

For the unstable suspension(left and right thing) please get a mechanic to check tie rods, tie rod ends, ball joints, and bushings.
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6EeO5ZXcttkyOB6Zd-zFKsAZPmXgSqcFoDeoEg_7tk0bFBRsIklSE90uK[/img]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDFiiRQ5LVaaEbxKE_ZVx-U3_jMcNXF08S3W9LuGvgSxRIo14lrgKuB6z6cw[/img]

For the eratic temperature, a live scan will tell you if the problem is from the instrument cluster or from the coolant tempreature sensor, the sensor might be faulty(rear cases) harness migh be broken or disconnected(happens all the time) contact to sensor might also be corroded.
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSagINSF91lGWdiK8Lm4scj6Z7Mxi658CuK_EW3-7_V7JCxaQJ4KEgVt5E[/img]

Personally I think you need to switch mechanics.

Good luck.
thank you very much
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Itulah(m): 5:02am On Oct 25, 2014
D4 light only flash when there is a missed wiring problem in one of the sensors attached to the gear box. It could also flash when one of the sensor wire is broken. with this mind set, have a rewire check or you check it yourself. it very simple.
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by Itulah(m): 5:10am On Oct 25, 2014
For the temporary active temperature signal, check and see if it is having partial contact. it is located under distributor, it is the smallest sensor to your right with a single wire attached. You can call me on 08059917498 for further assistance.
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:22am On Oct 25, 2014
Rainmaker12 your temp sensor is different from your coolant temp sensor. (Dat time onyibo no det sense)

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkOtlTVngV6gbJ020xv1q267uQS2pYzsWS0Xoet64Zz6luIAvlIaBCLdXMiA[/img]

As pointed out by itulah its the small one under the water hose.
Re: 1999 Honda Accord Problems... by rainmaker12(m): 11:30am On Oct 25, 2014
thanks guys, i ll check for those wiring failure and let u know the result

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Features Of N577m Armored Mercedes-maybach S 600 Pullman Guard / Prices Of Lamborghini Veneno In Nigeria / Help! My Engine Burns My Plugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.