Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? (485 Views)

Questions On Jamb Result,pls Contribute / Direct Entry Candidates Forum. If U Have Clue On De,stop And Contribute / Where Can One Attend A Diploma Or Predegree Programme To Start I Am Tied Of Ume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? by HenryQuest(m): 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
I really need answers to this question because I have had series of argument with friends over it. I am of the opinion that the school one attends, especially at the nursery, primary and secondary school levels contribute only but 30 percent in a childs intellectual development. Many children that attend schools that pay high fees cannot be said to be better than those that attend public and low paying schools. I see it that the supposed schools for the big men offer more of exposure. I know many people that attended public schools in my village but are performing excellently in the university while there are many others that attened the supposed "big man children" schools and are total olodo! Is it about the school? Or the child? Or the parents? Or the environment. Let's hear from you.

1 Like

Re: Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? by Padre4Henrique: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
I need answers to this too. My brother pays 150,000 per term for his child in primary 2 who doesnt even perform better than his mates in the neighbourhood that attend public schools. FP abeg. Its a sensitive issue.
Re: Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? by Karleb(m): 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
Of course it does now! If you have money, spend it on your kid and if you think your kid does not deserve to attend a better school or you no get money then send your kid to just a school.

As for me and my house, we'll spend even our last penny on our kid's education, so help us God! angry
Re: Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? by Padre4Henrique: 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
Karleb:
Of course it does now! If you have money, spend it on your kid and if you think your kid does not deserve to attend a better school or you no get money then send your kid to just a school.

As for me and my house, we'll spend even our last penny on our kid's education, so help us God! angry
of course every child derseves the best of education but from your comment, does it mean that spending money like that must reflect in the childs grade?
Re: Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? by Karleb(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
Padre4Henrique:
of course every child derseves the best of education but from your comment, does it mean that spending money like that must reflect in the childs grade?

Of course the money must reflet on the kid and his/her grade, but I'll never expect my kid to have 9 A's just because I pay some huge amount as his/her school fees.
Re: Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? by Olaskybab: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
Karleb:

dere ar some kids in expensive skuls dat can't beat deir colleagues in public skuls durin quiz competitn..........
D brilliancy of a student/pupil doesn't depend 'only' on how much u pay per term on him/her,dere ar also sm factors dat do.
Re: Does School One Attend Contribute So Much To A Childs Intellectual Development? by MrPeaceman(m): 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
Aggregate of the proportion of four (4) factors. His innate intelligence + family + environment + school. His natural I.Q holds the strongest influence ( 50% ), the others sums up 50%.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Study Claims That Music From Beyoncé, Lil Wayne, T.I And More Makes You Dumb / AAUA Admission List 2014/2015 Out On School Portal. / Need Help On NIPR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.