Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? (1615 Views)

Isn't It True That Islam Was Spread By The Sword? / You Still Think That Islam Is The Problem?! / Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by MakeWeTalk: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
Brothers I was on the way to the mosque when a friend who is a good muslim showed me a video that is disturbing about our beloved religion.

In it Tarek Fatah Founder of Muslim Canadian Congress is angry that Muslims are lying to ourselves by denying that our own Quran is the source of violence.

He believes that the Imams know that the Quran teaches, encourages & rewards violence and should speak out against this.
Tarek continues to say that the problems lie within the Quran,

HE SAID MUSLIMS SHOULD STOP DECEIVING THEMSELVES AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT ISLAM IS NOT PEACEFUL.

I have read some surahs that I have found very disturbing myself, and I am beginning to question if we are on the right path.

What I found most painful is that Tarek said that our prophet's son was murdered and his head paraded in the streets.

Listen to the video yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Kmp-VHryI

Can I have honest thoughts on this I beg una all.

3 Likes

Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by tbaba1234: 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seeing that you just created this account, and examining the style of writing, I think you are Logicboy. Moniker number what, now? grin

In the small chance that you are not him, I will address this.

I. First of all, who is Tarek Fatah? What are his qualifications?

Tarek Fatah is one of those 'liberal, progressive muslims' who are all for gay, and all kinds of rubbish in Islam. I have seen some of his tweets and they scream IGNORANCE'.

He has no qualifications in interpreting the Quran. He does not even understand arabic.

Certainly not a source of Islamic knowledge.

Ii. The explanations of the Quran are in the commentaries by those who actually studied the book and the context.

We fight when we have to defend ourselves. We are peaceful when there is no aggression against us.

Understanding the revelation, makes things clear.

10 Likes

Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by tbaba1234: 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
Now let us hear from a more knowledgeable source:

Jihad is not synonymous with fighting. Hence, not all jihad is fighting, and not all fighting is jihad. A deeper reading of the primary sources of Islam makes clear that jihad includes all devotions. Filial piety is a form of jihad, as the Prophet, God’s peace and blessings upon him, said, “Make your jihad serving them [your parents].” Obeying God is also a form of jihad, as the hadith states, “The real jihad is to strive against the ego in order to obey God.” For this reason, we call on you to embark on a jihad that will undoubtedly get you into paradise and far away from hell: invoke God often, build mosques, be kind to people, and promote civilization. The great scholar Ibn Taymiyyah said that jihad includes all devotions and righteous acts, even those relating to commerce and manufacturing, as is noted in the Ikhtiyarat of al-Ba’li

Your community needs your hard work, intellects, and energies to be organized in pursuit of the common good where it intersects with communal development.

As for the jihad when it relates to fighting, that is in defense of the freedom to practice one’s faith, as is stated in the verse: “Those who have been driven unjustly from their homes only for saying, ‘Our Lord is God’” (Qur’an, 22:40).

As a rule, the state of relations between Muslims and people of other faiths and persuasions is one of peace. Jihad, in the intent behind its original legislation, is a search for “perpetual peace.”

That is why all believers are ordered to enter into peace: “O you who believe, enter wholeheartedly into peace, and do not follow in Satan’s footsteps, for he is your sworn enemy” (Qur’an, 2:208).

Believers are also ordered to accept any attempts at peace: “But if they incline towards peace, you [Prophet] must also incline towards it, and put your trust in God” (Qur’an, 8:61). It is also very well known that the Prophet, God’s peace and blessings upon him, compromised greatly at the Armistice of Hudaybiyyah for the sake of making peace.

As for military jihad, that was prescribed for times when there were no global treaties or pacts leaving no means to convey the message of Islam other than with military support, and there were no borders that were acknowledged, unless they were maintained by force, or vast distances separated regions. Also, there were no weapons of mass destruction at this time. All of these premises are no longer the case. How can any Muslim who understands the texts and aims of Islamic law call for war against all other nations? One who does so is foolish, ignorant of the true nature of Islam as well as the realities of today, and seeks to sow corruption in the land.

Sheikh Abdullah bin Bayyah

6 Likes

Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by Rilwayne001: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Time registered : October 24, 2014

Time spent online: 47 minutes & 39 seconds

LOGIKBOY angry undecided

3 Likes

Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by MakeWeTalk: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
tbaba1234:
Seeing that you just created this account, and examining the style of writing, I think you are Logicboy. Moniker number what, now? grin

In the small chance that you are not him, I will address this.

I. First of all, who is Tarek Fatah? What are his qualifications?

Tarek Fatah is one of those 'liberal, progressive muslims' who are all for gay, and all kinds of rubbish in Islam. I have seen some of his tweets and they scream IGNORANCE'.

He has no qualifications in interpreting the Quran. He does not even understand arabic.

Certainly not a source of Islamic knowledge.

Ii. The explanations of the Quran are in the commentaries by those who actually studied the book and the context.

We fight when we have to defend ourselves. We are peaceful when there is no aggression against us.

Understanding the revelation, makes things clear.

Brothers I am not logic boy at all.

My Father is muslim, my mother is Christian and my Gran Father is traditionalist.

My gran father say's if you murder they take you to the village shrine for judgement.

My mother say's that Jesus said to "love your enemy"

My father who I obey and am muslim like you say's that the quran say's

Sura 9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.

NOW MY QUESTION IS HOW COME OTHERS REFUSE VIOLENCE AND WE AFTER FASTING COME OUT TO KILL .

Tarek Fatah founded the Muslim Canadian Congress so he must know what he is talking about, I think undecided
Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by tbaba1234: 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
MakeWeTalk:

My Father is muslim, my mother is Christian and my Gran Father is traditionalist.

My gran father say's if you murder they take you to the village shrine for judgement.

Sura 9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.

NOW MY QUESTION IS HOW COME OTHERS REFUSE VIOLENCE AND WE AFTER FASTING COME OUT TO KILL .

Tarek Fatah founded the Muslim Canadian Congress so he must know what he is talking about, I think undecided

What is muslim canadian congress An organization that promotes anti islamic liberal views.

Did you read Chapter 9 from the beginning or you are only contented in picking an ayah in the middle. Read the ayahs before and after.

Who and who, come out to kill?

3 Likes

Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by Question01(m): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
MakeWeTalk:
Brothers I was on the way to the mosque when a friend who is a good muslim showed me a video that is disturbing about our beloved religion.

In it Tarek Fatah Founder of Muslim Canadian Congress is angry that Muslims are lying to ourselves by denying that our own Quran is the source of violence.

He believes that the Imams know that the Quran teaches, encourages & rewards violence and should speak out against this.
Tarek continues to say that the problems lie within the Quran,

HE SAID MUSLIMS SHOULD STOP DECEIVING THEMSELVES AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT ISLAM IS NOT PEACEFUL.

I have read some surahs that I have found very disturbing myself, and I am beginning to question if we are on the right path.

What I found most painful is that Tarek said that our prophet's son was murdered and his head paraded in the streets.

Listen to the video yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Kmp-VHryI

Can I have honest thoughts on this I beg una all.

You should read about him better, i think you picked his word off context. Check wikipedia, he stands for Quran, but opposes the man made sharia law which most mainstream Muslims ignorantly promote. As for Jihad, check this; They Ask You About Jihad

1 Like

Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by khattab02: 8:43am On Oct 28, 2014
MakeWeTalk:

why because, out of over 6,000 verses of the Qur'an this is the one you feel to take out of context to victimize your father, what a shame!!! how did you missed 8:61 posted by tbaba?? '' but if they inclined to peace, you also inlined to it and put your trust in Allah.....'' have u read the verses (before and after 9:5) tbaba told you to??
Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by LogicBadBoy: 10:05am On Oct 28, 2014
tbaba1234:

Rilwayne001:

LOGIKBOY angry undecided

I left the islamic section alone but still, they cant stop calling my name

When I say that some of you nairaland muslims are paranoid, you will be saying that I am being offensive.

Tbaba, do you believe that every new nairaland account is logicboy? See how you have outed your paranoia?

I expected better from you. When have I ever posted such a shallow op?

You should have noticed that I hardly talk about islam and violence....and also, my writing style is far different.

Check all my logicboy accounts and show me where I quote violent verses from the Quran to start an OP.

4 Likes

Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by MakeWeTalk: 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
PLS I AM NOT LOGIC BOY angry

I DONT KNOW LOGIC BOY AT ALL, NEVER HEARD OF HIM.

3 Likes

Re: Brothers Are We Lying That Islam Is Not Violent? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 05, 2014
Islam is neither violent (as non muslims opine), nor non-violent (as "moderate" apologetic muslims opine).
The use of force is dependent on situation. The kind of situation in which force can be used is clearly defined in Islamic law, as are the rules of engagement/ rights in battle.
Any practical international law, (the Sharia is meant to be applied for all muslims), must allow for the use of force in certain situations, for example in self-defence or to prevent oppression.
Having said that, it is important to point out that the Qur'an and seerah of the prophet (saw) do show a strong leaning towards peaceful co-existence, when the other party is willing... however, fighting is encouraged when the other party is adamant on doing so.
Allah knows best.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Creeping Shariah: How Muslims Are Secretly Taking Over the World (Satire) / From Hollywood To Islam- Sr. Zainab Ismail / Islam; A Cure For Ebola Virus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.