Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

How Chess Enhances Children's Brain Development - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Chess Enhances Children's Brain Development (612 Views)

Sing Your Baby To Better Brain Development / Sing Your Baby To Better Brain Development / Late Night Saps Children's Brain Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Chess Enhances Children's Brain Development by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
Chess has been considered as a game played
only by intellectuals and individuals with
critical thinking abilities. However, the fact is
that chess can be played by people of all age
groups and mind sets.
Chess is extremely helpful in brain
development,particularly when it is played
regularly from a very early age. Mentioned
below are some of the most important benefits
that children can avail by practicing chess on a
regular basis :
1. Playing the game of Chess on a regular basis
right from the childhood improves the
learning, thinking, analytical power, and
decision-making ability of the child.
2. Chess makes the child learn how to
strategize
aspects of the game and life. In addition, a
child can also learn the importance of
foresight, and planning.
3. Playing the game of Chess on a regular basis
right from the childhood teaches the
importance of being disciplined in life.
4. Practicing Chess regularly also aids in
improving the self-confidence of the child,
which is extremely essential for the child’s
growth.
5. In the game of chess, a child learns to do a
thorough analysis, research, and assessment of
the situation before making any decision. Such
an exercise provides mental clarity to the
child. Mental clarity and mental dexterity is
required for solving problems, analyze
consequences, and formulate future tactics.
Do you have a school or live in Abeokuta? Do
you want all this things for your children?
Then do not hesitate to contact Ayo on
08037426683 or haryord2@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: How Chess Enhances Children's Brain Development by Infomizer(m): 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
Pardon me bro, but your deductions are based on what empirical findings? Studies? Journals?
Re: How Chess Enhances Children's Brain Development by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
Infomizer:
Pardon me bro, but your deductions are based on what empirical findings? Studies? Journals?
They are facts based on past studies. As a skilled chessplayer, chess has made me less haphazard in dealing with situations.Now i take my time to examine every single situation just as chessplayers examine positions thoroughly on the board before making a move.
Re: How Chess Enhances Children's Brain Development by Infomizer(m): 9:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
haywhy28:

They are facts based on studies. As a skilled chessplayer, chess has made me less haphazard in dealing with situations.Now i take my time and examine every single situation just as chessplayers examine positions thoroughly on the board before making a move.
I understand your point. Apparently, it's a completely subjective analysis.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Not Completely Free From Ebola -minister / Free Medical Check-up And More For You / Noni Juice Prescription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.