Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Who Are We? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Are We? (1257 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are We? by enm(m): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
Who are we? and how well do you think you know yourself and how worthy you think you are to think you are perfect without a blemish or should i say fault?

The sooner you know that you are not perfect, though wonderfully made by the Almighty God the better and quicker the chance of ending up as a better and a whole person with the crown of perfect resting comfortably on your head.

When you look down on people thinking you are perfect and they are not, the truth is you are the one that is not perfect.

When you do all things by yourself, when you try to please other just because you want them to see you are perfect or good, the truth is you are far away from being perfect.

When you think you are perfect and don't need some people in your life because you feel they will delay or drag you back, then you are not perfect.

Are you a husband or a wife, boyfriend or a girlfriend that sees perfection in yourself but imperfection in your spouse or partner, the truth is you are the one who is imperfect.

You need to realise that you are just a person with a load of faults and the sooner you realised that you need others to become who you want to be, to help build and nurture and clear out Gray edges around each other, the better and quicker your chance.

Don't let hate filled you, don't let discrimination and contempt be part of you. Open up your heart to others but you must be careful here, love them that hate and discriminate against no one.

For God Our Heavenly Father and Creator so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son as a ransom for our redemption that whose so ever believeth in His Son shall have eternal life. He didn't look down on us, He did not hate us but hate our sinful actions, He did not discriminate against us or show us contempt but instead He show us love, care and understanding.

Lord Jesus with His perfection life, a life without fault, a great and mighty person that He Is, embraced us and gave up His Life as a ransom for us. He commanded us to love God and love our neighbours as we love ourselves. If you love God, then you will love your neighbours. If you don't love your neighbours how can you love God.

Out of love comes perfection.

Millicent N Egede.
Re: Who Are We? by itstpia1: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
dont judge people until you have walked in their shoes @ poster.

there'd be less boko haram if we all "kiyesara".
Re: Who Are We? by itstpia1: 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
If you are not willing to help someone, the least you can do is refrain from judging them.
Re: Who Are We? by enm(m): 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
itstpia1:
dont judge people until you have walked in their shoes @ poster.

there'd be less boko haram if we all "kiyesara".

Bro/sis, am very sorry if it look like am judging someone or judging others. My post is not to judge but to give a helping hand.

There was a time in my life that i made a resolution never to help anyone and trust because of what me and my entire family went through and because of that i made up my mind to owe no one apology if I don't and if somehow i extend a helping hand going against my resolution then they should know it because of God.

I know what hurt is, I know how betrayal feel, I also know how it felt for people to make use of you to score " I am a good person point" and also I know how suffocating it is trying to please everyone to prove you are useful, good and a perfect person. Infact I know how a lot of pain feel including that of trying to be Mr or mrs perfect to score a point, to make sure you never go back to where you are coming from and to also make sure no one reject you.

Today, I thank God for the gift of His son lord Jesus. Today I smile and just try to be myself and ask Jesus to intervene. Keeping to yourself because you see yourself perfect and able and so you need no one to prevent stories that touches the heart is not good because you will still end up with story that touches the heart.

Many people are at the level where they are, far from what they desired and filled with frustrations, hatred and contempt for others until they realised they are just like others no matter the differences, the sooner they realised they too have faults to be work on just like others around them the better for them and everybody.

No matter how bad some people are to us, takes advantages of us in the past, we still need them and accept them. Show them genuine love, forgiveness, care and kindness because in them are lessons, tips and support to make us whole and perfect at the end.

Many relationship or marriage are not working simply because one partner feel more superior, feel more perfect than their partner and that on itself is imperfection. Many marriage or relationship are not working because one partner feel he or she has all the answer and also some partner are living what they are not because they want to be perfect in the eyes of their partner and the sooner they realised their mistake that they are imperfect, people with faults to be work on the better for the marriage or relationship.
Re: Who Are We? by itstpia1: 12:45am On Oct 25, 2014
My post is not to judge but to give a helping hand.

when your helping hand was needed, you were nowhere to be found.

now you want to reopen old wounds and still withhold as much as possible the healing people need from whatever hurts and destruction they have experienced up till your sudden display of magnanimity or is it conscience.

you are judging the people you say you try to help, when you insist on tagging them as unforgiving without allowing for the fact that maybe you are the one who wants them to stay in an unforgiving atmosphere surrounded by hate. Can you guarantee everything will be lovey dovey once they take your advice and jettison themselves once more?

if people insist on holding on to unforgiveness for whatever reason, the most you can do is advise them without judging the objects of their hate as the guilty party simply because they do not clone your own personality.

when you have, for example, someone who believes holding on to hate is the only way they can survive, you will judge the object of the hatred for staying away? If the person doing the hating does not know holding onto grudges is counterproductive, then why not preach at that instead of flying to meet the hated?
Re: Who Are We? by enm(m): 1:34am On Oct 25, 2014
itstpia1:

when your helping hand was needed, you were nowhere to be found.

now you want to reopen old wounds and still withhold as much as possible the healing people need from whatever hurts and destruction they have experienced up till your sudden display of magnanimity or is it conscience.

you are judging the people you say you try to help, when you insist on tagging them as unforgiving without allowing for the fact that maybe you are the one who wants them to stay in an unforgiving atmosphere surrounded by hate. Can you guarantee everything will be lovey dovey once they take your advice and jettison themselves once more?

if people insist on holding on to unforgiveness for whatever reason, the most you can do is advise them without judging the objects of their hate as the guilty party simply because they do not clone your own personality.

when you have, for example, someone who believes holding on to hate is the only way they can survive, you will judge the object of the hatred for staying away? If the person doing the hating does not know holding onto grudges is counterproductive, then why not preach at that instead of flying to meet the hated?

Hmmm,

Please my post is not about judging or not. As stated earlier a helping hand to those who need it. My intention is to point out that we don't need to let people action or in action determine our life, our happiness and peace of mind. God did not create life to be difficult for us, so why make life difficult for ourselves.

My post is simply saying as one of the point am trying to pass is that "don't hold on to grudges no matter how painful and hurt you are because it will be counterproductive though some situation demand keeping your distance but not hate and contempt.
Re: Who Are We? by itstpia1: 1:41am On Oct 25, 2014
we don't need to let people action or in action determine our life, our happiness and peace of mind.

yes we do.

what you are advocating is people should pretend there is no problem even when you give no solution to the actual one.

one of the point am trying to pass is that "don't hold on to grudges no matter how painful and hurt you are

reread your first post and explain how you are not judgmental.

hate and contempt.

you have already demonstrated your view is subjective and biased, but if anyone is having such, they shouldnt need to be constantly reminded its an anti-christian attitude.

Common sense will tell them that even before they reference a bible.
Re: Who Are We? by enm(m): 1:46am On Oct 25, 2014
itstpia1:

Now go over my post and you will see that my post is simply for those who think hatred is the only way to survive, holding on to grudges.

But do I blame them for thinking that way? No I don't and am not going to judge them either but to point out to them what it might lead them to.

And am i condemning those that pushed them to that stage? The answer is no

Why? Because they too are pretending to be what they are not, in most cases pretending to be Mr or Mrs perfect.
Re: Who Are We? by itstpia1: 1:58am On Oct 25, 2014
your thinly disguised hatred for the objects of your disdain, is rather too obvious here.

why dont you leave them to their "pretence" and face your own life?

do you need something they have or why exactly are you pontificating over the issue?
Re: Who Are We? by enm(m): 2:01am On Oct 25, 2014
itstpia1:

yes we do.

what you are advocating is people should pretend there is no problem even when you give no solution to the actual one.

reread your first post and explain how you are not judgmental.

you have already demonstrated your view is subjective and biased, but if anyone is having such, they shouldnt need to be constantly reminded its an anti-christian attitude.

Common sense will tell them that even before they reference a bible.

1- when you let people in action or action determine your life, chances of ending up with a story that touches the heart are very high. Because I was treated bad mean must in turn treat them bad?

2- I never ask that people should pretend that there is no problem but admit and work on it, as per solution that I don't have but I do know they need to start with love, understanding and forgiveness.

3- I don't see how that is judgmental but am very open and willing to learn how? So expansiate more.

4- Not all of us are Christian and not all Christian go to church to listen to preaching
Re: Who Are We? by itstpia1: 2:07am On Oct 25, 2014
enm:

1- when you let people in action or action determine your life, chances of ending up with a story that touches the heart are very high. Because I was treated bad mean must in turn treat them bad?

when boko haram tells you they are coming, you hang around in the name of forgiving them when they did not forgive you?

I never ask that people should pretend that there is no problem but admit and work on it, as per solution that I don't have but I do know they need to start with love, understanding and forgiveness.

must everyone follow your own narrow definition of love, forgiveness and understanding or risk being judged by you?

I don't see how that is judgmental but am very open and willing to learn how? So expansiate more.

i just did.

Not all of us are Christian and not all Christian go to church to listen to preaching

then who is your sermon meant for?
Re: Who Are We? by enm(m): 2:22am On Oct 25, 2014
itstpia1:

when boko haram tells you they are coming, you hang around in the name of forgiving them when they did not forgive you?

must everyone follow your own narrow definition of love, forgiveness and understanding or risk being judged by you?

i just did.

then who is your sermon meant for?

No I didn't say that. That is life. You survive but after surviving must you leave in hatred? What if you end up unknowingly fall in love with a boko haram child?

2- No it is not a must that everyone that everyone must follow my narrow definition of love, forgiveness and understanding and nobody stand any risk of being judge. But we should remember that verse in our Lord's prayer which goes like this " forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Re: Who Are We? by itstpia1: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
In that case forgive the people you are attacking and stop trying to justify your bigotry.

You've said your piece, leave the issue.

The bible says pray for your enemies and those who despitefully use you, have you done that?

The only thing you owe your enemy as a christian, is love.

That is the beginning and end of the whole matter.

Vengeance is mine says the Lord.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Help A 8 Years Old Girl With Low Self Esteem / Are These Signs of a Cheating Spouse? / Did I Steal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.