Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. (1761 Views)

How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. / How To Send APK, PDF, ZIP & Other Files On Whatsapp / How To Update/Reload Your Blackberry Firmware Manually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by logoscope(m): 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hi guys , I installed cwm but I'm unable to update ROM from sd card . It shows "installation aborted". I wanna install tecno p5 kitkat theme.

1 Like

Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
logoscope:
Hi guys , I installed cwm but I'm unable to update ROM from sd card . It shows "installation aborted". I wanna install tecno p5 kitkat theme.

Use 4ext recovery instead of CMW it should work.
Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by logoscope(m): 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
wallflower:

Use 4ext recovery instead of CMW it should work.
wat software is dat bro n pls share me d link to download it.
Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
logoscope:
wat software is dat bro n pls share me d link to download it.

Google it, it's a recovery like CMW, if u use it, it will replace CMW but its better.
Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by logoscope(m): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
I Google it bro, the first result it showed me was this page. On playstore its a paid app. Pls help me I really want to flash that ROM.
Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
logoscope:
I Google it bro, the first result it showed me was this page. On playstore its a paid app. Pls help me I really want to flash that ROM.

Download 4ext recovery updater from here: http://4ext.net/ that's what you'll use to flash the recovery.
Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by logoscope(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
I downloaded it, only HTC fones r supported.
Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
OK, I didn't know that, but you can still try any other recovery cos CMW has these bugs a lot.
Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by logoscope(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks for for ur replies. I was finally able to flash the ROM. I followed all the wiping instructions strictly. smiley
Re: I'm Unable To Update From Zip. Pls Help. by Arsenalholic12: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2015
Dude.. am having the same problem... i too hv tecno p5 and want to install the sem ROM...a kitkat themed one... tel me how u overcame the "installation aborted" error

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Phones Price Under ₦20000 In Nigeria / 7 Things Android Owners Can Do That Apple Iphone Users Only Dream Of - See More / Telegram Messenger For Android Is The Best (generates Funds)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.