Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,249 members, 7,825,953 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God (994 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Ten Ways That Show That Your Prophet Or Prophetess Is Fake / Is This A Real Mad Man, Prophet Or An Anti Christ? (photos +shocking Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by englishmart(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
My friends and I had a severe argument today concerning whom Jesus really is/was.

Some claimed he's just a prophet like every other prophet.
I believe he's the son of God. But I think he might be the son of God and yet a prophet.

Judging from the definition of a prophet

"a prophet is a person being sent by God to teach people.

Or

A person capable of predicting the future.

Jesus was sent by God to die for us, and thereby teach us the scripture, so as to ensure we know the good from the bad.
More so, Jesus did some prophetic predictions also.

I think he's as well a prophet.

What do you think?
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by hungryboy(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
Jesus is an ex-convict, who was convicted of the crime of impersonation, for claiming to be the son of god,
The christians claim that he resurrected on the third day and went to heaven,
and the Jews say no no, u liars his grave is here in bethlehem
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
englishmart:
My friends and I had a severe argument today concerning whom Jesus really is/was.

I believe he's the son of God. But I think he might be the son of God and yet a prophet.

Or

Jesus was sent by God to die for us, and thereby teach us the scripture, so as to ensure we know the good from the bad.

What do you think?
Jesus is God...one with the father almighty who is the maker of heaven and earth..now This Jesus is the wisdom of God...the word of God.. God almighty in the time of old sent prophets, who r humans to preach to the people but the people did not listen...so God was so perplexed by the manner of our sins and because pf the love he has for us, dat he now asked a question in heaven, who will save my people...nobody agreed except Jesus his son....the saviour of the world... This Jesus who was the first born of all creation had to sacrifice himself for the liberation of God's people.... It is only through or by his blood dat our sins are washed away..he came down from heaven to earth to die for our sins, a perfect sacrifice for man's redemption....now bak to ur question..... Jesus is Our lord and saviour....
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by Kei144(m): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
God created man to be His son. In order to remain a son of God, the soul of man must continually feed on the living bread (the fruit of the tree of life). Unfortunately, man chose to feed on a fruit derived from Satan, and so became a son of Satan. Man therefore became quite useless to God. In order for God to have human sons again, God had to form a new man. Jesus Christ is the new man, Adam. Jesus Christ is a restart of the human race. Members of the old human race are spiritually grafted into Jesus Christ, and thereby become members of the new human race.

Right now, the old and new human races are staying together in the world, but the end time of the old human race is very close, during which the old race will come to an end and the new race will take over the world. That is what end time is all about.

In conclusion, Jesus is the new man, the son of God. He is the father of the new human race, and hence father of the sons of God. He is the chief Son of God. The title "prophet" is too belittling for him. He is the father of prophets of God.

He. 2:5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.
He. 2:6 But there is a place where someone has testified: “What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
He. 2:7 You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honour
He. 2:8 and put everything under his feet.” In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.
He. 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honour because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
He. 2:10 In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.
He. 2:11 Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.
He. 2:12 He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.” [Psalm 22:22]
He. 2:13 And again, “I will put my trust in him.” [Isaiah 8:17] And again he says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.” [Isaiah 8:18]
He. 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death — that is, the devil —
He. 2:15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by englishmart(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
hungryboy:
Jesus is an ex-convict, who was convicted of the crime of impersonation, for claiming to be the son of god,
really?
This
Is
Becoming
More
Complicated
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by englishmart(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Jesus is God...one with the father almighty who is the maker of heaven and earth..now This Jesus is the wisdom of God...the word of God.. God almighty in the time of old sent prophets, who r humans to preach to the people but the people did not listen...so God was so perplexed by the manner of our sins and because pf the love he has for us, dat he now asked a question in heaven, who will save my people...nobody agreed except Jesus his son....the saviour of the world... This Jesus who was the first born of all creation had to sacrifice himself for the liberation of God's people.... It is only through or by his blood dat our sins are washed away..he came down from heaven to earth to die for our sins, a perfect sacrifice for man's redemption....now bak to ur question..... Jesus is Our lord and saviour....
nicely elucidated.
But isn't there a scriptural back-up for your assertions?
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by englishmart(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kei144:
God created man to be His son. In order to remain a son of God, the soul of man must continually feed on the living bread (the fruit of the tree of life). Unfortunately, man chose to feed on a fruit derived from Satan, and so became a son of Satan. Man therefore became quite useless to God. In order for God to have human sons again, God had to form a new man. Jesus Christ is the new man, Adam. Jesus Christ is a restart of the human race. Members of the old human race are spiritually grafted into Jesus Christ, and thereby become members of the new human race.

Right now, the old and new human races are staying together in the world, but the end time of the old human race is very close, during which the old race will come to an end and the new race will take over the world. That is what end time is all about.

In conclusion, Jesus is the new man, the son of God. He is the father of the new human race, and hence father of the sons of God. He is the chief Son of God. The title "prophet" is too belittling for him. He is the father of prophets of God.

He. 2:5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.
He. 2:6 But there is a place where someone has testified: “What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
He. 2:7 You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honour
He. 2:8 and put everything under his feet.” In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.
He. 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honour because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
He. 2:10 In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.
He. 2:11 Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.
He. 2:12 He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.” [Psalm 22:22]
He. 2:13 And again, “I will put my trust in him.” [Isaiah 8:17] And again he says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.” [Isaiah 8:18]
He. 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death — that is, the devil —
He. 2:15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
nice piece of write-ups.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by AbdulAdam56(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
Cutehector4u:
see confusion
God?
Son?
Prophet?
Pls we need answers.
For me a prophet.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by englishmart(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
AbdulAdam56:
see confusion
God?
Son?
Prophet?
Pls we need answers.
For me a prophet.
LOL
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by enochogaga(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
jesus christ is God in the flesh or human.that all
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
AbdulAdam56:
see confusion
God?
Son?
Prophet?
Pls we need answers.
For me a prophet.
Wat do u think is the meanin of a prophet,..i want u to open ur dictionary
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
englishmart:
nicely elucidated.
i dnt nid to quote the bible to look for whr its written that Jesus is God....
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by englishmart(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
Cutehector4u:
i dnt nid to quote the bible to look for whr its written that Jesus is God....
you have no points then
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by aniobimartin: 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
englishmart:

Or

What do you think?
Jesus is a prophetic son of God
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by aniobimartin: 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
hungryboy:
don't be silly pls.
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by aniobimartin: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
Cutehector4u:
hahahahha. LOL. You just made no point
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by aniobimartin: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kei144:

getting convinced
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by aniobimartin: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
englishmart:
nicely elucidated.
Mtscheew
Re: Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 26, 2014
Jesus was a character that only existed in the bible as to NO antiquity or artifact to have proven his existence on planet earth and the bible is somewhat inaccurate and incomplete to prove what happened in those days like it never happened on this same earth as such many misconceptions about Jesus has since linger for example his birthday believe to be december25th but this was just an assumption of the pope nothing like christ birth and calender came into existence of the era of christ so how did they know the exact month and date, (2) The fake image of christ is really ceaser borgia the second son of pope alexandra (3) so you mean to tell me they couldn't keep the tomb of a risen person as an antiquity to generations unborn to know christ (4) Jesus was jewish but practiced morality to the fullest so people idolized him to call him christ meaning the chosen one,which now brought about Christianity starting off like a sect because it broke out from the jewish type of believe (5) like I said the bible is inaccurate such that it was a passed down information from hear-say to third party writer,there wasn't really a first hand writer even genesis writer is unknown and king james sort of ammended the bible because he wasn't granted the permission to divorce in the catholic according to their dogma so he ammended the bible and started the anglican. (6) lastly,religion is a belief system and a way to encourage morality without religion morality can still thrive because its innate.

(1) (Reply)

How About This? / Etisalat NG Advertisement On Paul Grundys Site Aka Jwfacts.com / My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.