Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,696 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

My Experience With Passengers On Nigerian Roads. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With Passengers On Nigerian Roads. (801 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Migrants Kill 10 Passengers On Spain Bound Boat Because Of A Nigerian Priest / Aero Flight Fire Alarm As Panic Passengers On Board Try To Disembark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Passengers On Nigerian Roads. by WillyWest: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Wow, presently on a road trip and I got the inspiration to write about a few passengers I've shared a bus with on my many travels across Nigeria. Several cases I've experienced flashed across my mind that got me giggling, though some of these scenarios are rare I've experienced them and am sure many readers here have also.

Most common is the Beyonce wannabes, she's got her head phones on and she's singing to the tune out loud to the discomfort of people close to her, she doesn't care as she's in her imaginary world were she's giving a live performance on stage in front of screaming fans.

Secondly is the guy or elderly fellow who ate what turned out to be a purgative for breakfast or the night before, you see the fellow sweating and shifting uncomfortably during the journey before he finally confesses- "driver abeg you go stop o!! Person wan ease himself!!!“.

Then if you are like me who likes sitting by the window you might have encountered that sickly passenger by your side who always wanted to spit and had to push you slightly to get to the window . Or even the passenger by your side who is never satisfied and keeps buying stuffs to stuff his belly at every holdup.

Hey what about on rare occasions the lady who has "Road travel sickness" or maybe am wrong she's on her first trimester, she sits quietly in the bus but before she can get a nylon bag its *puahhhhhh* she's puked in the bus and you've got some on you too. Now you have to be a good samaritan and help her clean up.

Then the bus driver that won't stop jamming music that annoys you comes to mind , just pray your head phones are close by and you already have a preselected play list.

Yea am sure we've all had our experiences while on a bus, things like these just remind us that no matter how sophisticated we seem, we are still humans and stuff happens. As much as you can be tolerant of others and always lend a helping hand when you can. Kindly add your experiences but wish me a safe trip first.
http://deolaonline.com/?p=930

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Plsss I Need Help And Advice.....i Just Got 3yrs Australia Visa But I Dont Hav.. / University Of Derby January 2015 / Teenager Arrested In The Tyre Compartment Of A Plane At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.