Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare (4977 Views)

See The Guys Behind The Success Of Most Of PSQUARE'S SONGS / Paul Okoye Shares A Touching Story About Him And His Brother Peter / The Official Reason Why Jude Okoye Was Not At His Brother, Peter Okoye's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:23am On Oct 26, 2014
Source : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/got-solo-endorsement-without-brother-peter-okoye-p-square

After Peter Okoye of music duo Psquare had a solo endorsement deal with Olympic Milk , tongues started wagging off course and many suspected another rift in the air as the one that nearly tore the duo apart months before. But speaking at his unveiling as the brand ambassador of the milk product, Peter debunked such development and explained why the company selected him alone. Find out why below :

"Music is like football. For example, if I play for Barcelona and I get endorsed by Nike, it doesn’t mean the whole Barcelona team has been endorsed. This is about me and not me and Paul. Among thousands or perhaps millions of people in the entertainment industry, I felt honoured to be chosen as the brand ambassador. The deal means a lot, not just to me but also to my fans. If a brand isn’t worth it I have nothing to do with such a brand. The fact that I am ready to work with this brand is an indication of its top quality.”

http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/10/why-i-got-solo-endorsement-without-my.html

1 Share

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by freshness2020: 4:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Lol!
The company can't pay for the duo!
So they opted for One!

8 Likes

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by fingard02k(m): 6:02am On Oct 26, 2014
thats non of my business
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 26, 2014
In life,all man for himself,God for us all.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 26, 2014
peeps will be making mountains outta mole-hills...

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by clean2: 6:55am On Oct 26, 2014
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid eternity in hell fire,,,,Jesus christ love and warn you to repent and convert now to avoid hell fire when you die

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by bankyblue(m): 7:03am On Oct 26, 2014
The company is wise jor, because who can really tell the diff btw them?
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by NnamdiN: 7:15am On Oct 26, 2014
freshness2020:
Lol!
So they opted for One!
grin "peter and Paul we be one no be two, remember say them get igbedu" grin
We know Psquare and not Peter or Paul Okoye. It should have been both of them. But as you wrote, it could be they couldn't afford to pay them both, them kukuma pick one tongue

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2014
clean2:
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid eternity in hell fire,,,,Jesus christ love and warn you to repent and convert now to avoid hell fire when you die
what is this one saying? Are you saying Peter should repent of his sinful ways?
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by adonbilivit: 7:25am On Oct 26, 2014
they may be sharing the proceeds secretly. they have to split the money coz he wont have gotten the endorsement deal if it werent for psquare...its psquare's hard work that is paying off now not peter okoye's

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by sohl7(m): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2014
I guess he is the most marketable

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by destante(f): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2014
The deal
means a lot, not just to me but also to my fans.
If a brand isn’t worth it I have nothing to do with
such a brand.
More like "if a brands endorsement money isn't worth it, I have nothing to do with such a brand". undecided
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2014
Lame explanation. It's clear that there is a rift in the family, otherwise he should have turned down the endorsement deal if it couldn't be offered to P Square. After all, the duo have had several endorsement deals over the years as P SQUARE; why resort to individualism now?

The only marketable and bankable brand known by the general public is P-Square, not the prosaic-sounding 'Peter Okoye'.

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by rattlesnake(m): 9:26am On Oct 26, 2014
So it has s Indians now that must give us gsm and now give us milk undecided

Gowddd this nation
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Ichel: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2014
freshness2020:
Lol!
So they opted for One!
lol! U r a very bad guy

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by 100Cents: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2014
freshness2020:
Lol!
So they opted for One!

What I said earlier.

If the two brothers need N100m, they rather pick one and pay N50m..

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by floragregs(f): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2014
Ok, u people should be carrying their matter on ur head like pour water! Is paul complaining? Peter doesn't owe anybody Any explanation jor! So he should reject it because they didn't pick his bro too? Why not blame the company for picking one instead? Did u ask if they could pay both?
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Peterwizzy: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2014
k

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:44am On Oct 26, 2014
Truth be told, Peter seems to be the more marketable of the two... and more outgoing too. It's been his decision all through. Some trolls below me will certainly start blaming his wife, Lola like say na she get the milk company. Conspiracy theorists!
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by freshness2020: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2014
Ichel:

lol! U r a very bad guy
Lol. But na true na...
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by kropelgrada(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2014
They should get ready for seperate endorsement deals from now on....

Indians and there wayo.

And they fell for it
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by freshness2020: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2014
100Cents:

What I said earlier.

If the two brothers need N100m, they rather pick one and pay N50m..
..since its a carbon face ba!
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by egopersonified(f): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
Come Peter I know you will read this, but wetin dey worry you? If they pay you like 10m, why not broker a deal for 15m for the both of you or no deal? You have started this division now, tmrr the gap will keep getting wider, before for know I would hear that one peter okoye released a single. Now take note that if one group becomes two tmrr, no matter the issue, I would hold you solely responsible. Now you tell me, after this endorsement and I meet paul tmrr with my milk or juice (whatever the hell you are endorsing) and take pics with him to post on my future proposed instagram page, not realising he isnt their ambassador, dont you think you have defrauded me in one way or the other? Awaiting your reply.

Egopersonified of nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by akinsadeez(m): 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Psquare is the brand, not peter or Paul. I think he is making a big mistake by starting this. If peter signs ten endorsement deals and Paul also signs another ten different endorsement it will get to a situation where the Psquare brand itself will be devalued because the brothers are being pulled in different directions and you don't know who is fronting who.

Furthermore, taking his own example, you can have a situation where Nike signs Peter, and Adidas quickly signs Paul. This means the two brothers who are supposed to be united as a group would now be signed to two competing brands. I won't be surprised if Peak milk or Cowbell or Crown milk should also go and sign Paul. Having both brothers signed to competing brands will not in any way help Psquare as a brand itself. If another milk company now intends to sign both brothers under the Psquare brand to an endorsement deal, what would happen?
This is really a bad step in a bad direction.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
akinsadeez:
Psquare is the brand, not peter or Paul. I think he is making a big mistake by starting this. If peter signs ten endorsement deals and Paul also signs another ten different endorsement it will get to a situation where the Psquare brand itself will be devalued because the brothers are being pulled in different directions and you don't know who is fronting who.

Furthermore, taking his own example, you can have a situation where Nike signs Peter, and Adidas quickly signs Paul. This means the two brothers who are supposed to be united as a group would now be signed to two competing brands. I won't be surprised if Peak milk or Cowbell or Crown milk should also go and sign Paul. Having both brothers signed to competing brands will not in any way help Psquare as a brand itself. If another milk company now intends to sign both brothers under the Psquare brand to an endorsement deal, what would happen?
This is really a bad step in a bad direction.

Very good analysis.

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
egopersonified:
Come Peter I know you will read this, but wetin dey worry you? If they pay you like 10m, why not broker a deal for 15m for the both of you or no deal? You have started this division now, tmrr the gap will keep getting wider, before for know I would hear that one peter okoye released a single. Now take note that if one group becomes two tmrr, no matter the issue, I would hold you solely responsible. Now you tell me, after this endorsement and I meet paul tmrr with my milk or juice (whatever the hell you are endorsing) and take pics with him to post on my future proposed instagram page, not realising he isnt their ambassador, dont you think you have defrauded me in one way or the other? Awaiting your reply.

Egopersonified of nairaland
you need to go and see a doctor...you don't sound alright...grin grin
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by egopersonified(f): 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
wakacome:
you need to go and see a doctor...you don't sound alright...grin grin

Yes, I probably should becos this guy wants to break my heart. Do you know how many years I spent building this relationship? Its me and psquare not me, peter and paul.
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by philantoxx(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
in case
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by holatin(m): 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2014
k
Re: Why I Got Solo Endorsement Without My Brother — Peter Okoye Of Psquare by freakcin: 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
There's really no need for him to respond. He'll only make the rumour mill go bonkers now.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking New Revelations Made By Tonto Dikeh / 5 Renowned Weed Smokers In The Nigerian Music Industry / Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.