Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries (965 Views)

John Ene Okon Dies (ex-player) / Super Falcons Coach Invites 36 Players To Camp / Jossy Lad, Is Dead (Ex-super Falcons Coach) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries by T4taiwo(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2014
The Title winning tactician has expressed his disappointment over his inability to access his salaries in
more than two years as a national team coach.

Nigeria senior women's national Team head coach Edwin Okon says he is yet to receive any salary since he was engaged 25 months ago. Okon, who is also the head coach
of Rivers Angels of Port Harcourt, led the Super Falcons to emerge champions for the seventh time at the African Women Championship in Namibia on Saturday evening.

He replaced Kadiri Ikhana in August 2012 after he steered the Falconets to a fourth-place finish at the 2012 Fifa U20 Women's World Cup in Japan.

Okon lamented the unfair treatment suffered in the hands of his employers after not getting a dime since that tournament ended.

"Since August 2012 when I led the Falconets to the World Cup where we came fourth, up till today, I'm yet to get a dime as salary from the NFF," he told media. "Every time I go to the office to complain, they will say there is no money.
“At a time I learned that the Federal Government gave the
federation some money to pay [former men's senior team
coach Stephen] Keshi and other national team coaches, but up till today my story is still the same," he concluded.

Okon’s ladies successfully redeemed the image of the country at the biennial eight-nation tournament where they defeated Cameroon 2-0 and also qualified for the 2015 Fifa Women's World Cup in Canada.

Nigeria alongside neighbours Cameroon and Cote d'Ivoire will represent Africa at the World Cup.

Source: www.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/5492531
Re: Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries by orobs93(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
Am not surprised!!!
Re: Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries by Dreambeat: 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
What a country!Little wonder some people are fighting one another over who will lead the hugely corrupt NFF.
Re: Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries by blackchief(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
And when Keshi say Nigeria is not a serious football country we ask of his head
Re: Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries by dabossman(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
blackchief:
And when Keshi say Nigeria is not a serious football country we ask of his head

Gbam! Let this coach have a bad World Cup in Canada and the same Nigerians hailing him will also ask for his head.
Re: Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries by Afrok(m): 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
I don't have any reason to doubt him, this is simply an act of wickedness when U employ someone and ur employer is doing well but U refuse to pay him.
Re: Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries by T4taiwo(m): 10:00am On Oct 27, 2014
Afrok:
I don't have any reason to doubt him, this is simply an act of wickedness when U employ someone and ur employer is doing well but U refuse to pay him.
welcome to nigeria, where hard work is rewarded by mediocrity.
Re: Super Falcons' Coach Edwin Okon Bemoans Unpaid 25 Months Salaries by Afrok(m): 10:17am On Oct 27, 2014
T4taiwo:
welcome to nigeria, where hard work is rewarded by mediocrity.
U couldn't have said it better...

(1) (Reply)

Live Champions League And Europa League Draw!!!!! / Investigation : Coach Nduka Ugbade Behind Flying Eagles New Zealand Flop / Download Real Madrid Vs Las Palmas 3 - 1 All Ronaldo Goals & Highlights La Liga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.