Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer (996 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / Music Producer ID Cabasa Is Now A Pastor / African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by longjon: 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
This is something I have always had a passion for: entertainment.

The thing is, I do not sing neither am I a songwriter. Last time I tried , I got stuck on the first line for about two weeks. I also do not know how to play any musical instruments beyond strumming a few chords on the guitar. Though I plan to purchase a box guitar so I can practice.

But I love it when I visit a club and a DJ is doing his job well and the music is thrilling and banging and you know... the crowd is going wild and all

I have seen some really cool DJs doing their stuff. But afterwards , when I meet up them , they aren't always too enthusiastic about taking on an apprentice. This has always been the case each time.

Does anybody in the house know a fast path to become a DJ ?

I think being a DJ will bring a step closer to my dream of being a music producer some day.

I have set my sights on this and I will achieve this someday. Its just a matter of time
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
If you're really serious about it, please can you give me a referal for your old job? I dey find work.
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by spermSHOOTer: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
charix:
If you're really serious about it, please can you give me a referal for your old job? I dey find work.
Mofo grin
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by longjon: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
charix:

My old job ?
I have not resigned and I did not state I was planning to resign soon
Are you referring to my current position specifically or any position in a bank ?
You do not even know my current position so I assume you mean any reasonable position in the bank.
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
longjon:

My old job ?
I have not resigned and I did not state I was planning to resign soon
Are you referring to my current position specifically or any position in a bank ?
You do not even know my current position so I assume you mean any reasonable position in the bank.

Work na work, I no send.
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
If you're smart and willing enough, you can get started with FL studio. I'm talking about music production FYI.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by longjon: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
charix:

Work na work, I no send.

Well, you should be able to define what you want.
Send me a message using the link on my profile and lets take this offline , shall we ?
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by longjon: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
CoolHunk:
If you're smart and willing enough, you can get started with FL studio. I'm talking about music production FYI.

Thanks
I'm already downloading it.
It's 353 MB though, might take some time.
You mean , I can do all this on my own ?
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
longjon:

Thanks
I'm already downloading it.
It's 353 MB though, might take some time.
You mean , I can do all this on my own ?
Yes, you can learn on your own. But it depends on your intellect and desire. Try to watch FL studio beginner tutorials on youtube.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by longjon: 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
CoolHunk:

Yes, you can learn on your own. But it depends on your intellect and desire. Try to watch FL studio beginner tutorials on youtube.

Nice
No prior knowledge of music or musical instruments required ?
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
longjon:

Nice
No prior knowledge of music or musical instruments required ?
Not immediately. For now, just do what sounds good to you. But it pays to understand the underlying music theory. So music theory and learning to play an instrument, preferably the piano, should be on your to-do list. But you don't have to rush it. Experiment and grow into it.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by longjon: 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
CoolHunk:

Not immediately. For now, just do what sounds good to you. But it pays to understand the underlying music theory. So music theory and learning to play an instrument, preferably the piano, should be on your to-do list. But you don't have to rush it. Experiment and grow into it.

Sounds like a piece of cake.
Re: I Am A Banker But I Want To Be A Critically Acclaimed Music Producer by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 27, 2014
longjon:

Sounds like a piece of cake.
It is actually.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jcole's 2014 Forest Hills Drive / Video: Olamide – Bobo / Olamide latest song trends on twitter #LagosBoys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.