Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

The Death Of OLX In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Death Of OLX In Nigeria (1698 Views)

Beware Of OLX Scammers.. / Lastdon WARNS: Beware Of OLX Sellers!!! / Beware Of Olx Sellers!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by anticent(m): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2014
Nigerian OLX will soon become history as 80 percent of posts on this business website are scams while you only have 20% to battle with.

Goods are posted with ridiculous prices luring victims to strike deals in locations like Apapa and Badagry under the pretence that these are seized goods and they are custom officers.

To worsen the case, you cannot even comment on any post making it a one way business channel.What this means is that if someone dupes you on OLX or if you readily identify a scam post,you have no means to prevent others from not falling for thesame trick simply because there is obviously no way to add comments or previous experience for the public.

OLX however gives users opportunity to report a post as scam but the limitation to this is that, OLX will only remove a scam post only if it has been flagged 3times. With the current huigh number of scam posts on OLX, it is going to be a fulltime job to be able to flag every scam post on OLX 3times each.

Perhaps one would wonder if OLX staff and management are paying attention to their business in Nigeria at all.

Thesame scammers that killed googletrader Nigeria are again on a mission to chase OLX out of the Nigerian cyber market.Already OLX is currently experiencing drastic fall in traffic on their Nigerian sites.

We hope they get to do something about this great platform.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by legendary4luv(m): 6:46am On Oct 27, 2014
True talk bro! I almost for them but I think twice as igbo guy wey I be
Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by legendary4luv(m): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2014
OP,so everything bad and dreadful that happens is channel to igbo pple abi? Are u addicted to tribalism?

1 Like

Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by tempest01(m): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2014
Nairaboard.com

A replacement
Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by VocalWalls: 7:49am On Oct 27, 2014
80 percent of these scammers are igbos though as you often confirm that from their accent on phone.

this is not true, and unnecessary.

you ruined your post.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by anticent(m): 8:17am On Oct 27, 2014
Trust me a particular tribe has always been taking the lead in this scam attacks..I have modified the post anyways to avoid cyber-tribal fight here.
Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by jose556(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2014
it is just ridiculus and sad... OLX was the in thing before. I used to visit olx several times everyday before, but now I hardly visit it once in a month.
Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by justi4jesu(f): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2014
anticent:
Trust me a particular tribe has always been taking the lead in this scam attacks..I have modified the post anyways to avoid cyber-tribal fight here.

Yea good you edited your post. Just be neutral about it doesn't matter the tribe.
Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 27, 2014
From the days of John the Baptist till now I never really liked OLX. I personally know of some guys who scam people on OLX, funny thing is that they are all within the ages of 17-21yrs of age.
Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by Godmother(f): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
Trully sad. Even the job section as well is filled with all these GNLD scammers. I don't go there anymore
Re: The Death Of OLX In Nigeria by anticent(m): 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
Godmother:
Trully sad. Even the job section as well is filled with all these GNLD scammers. I don't go there anymore

You are right.

(1) (Reply)

Xx / Paypal Fund For Sell / UBA Bank Credits My Account Twice, Out Of Error. Should I Refund?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.