Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,541 members, 7,823,371 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS (2331 Views)

FUTA 500 level Student Wins Tony Elemelu’s $10,000 Grant (Photo) / Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / 100-level Student To Die By Hanging In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Dexpro: 11:55am On Oct 27, 2014
AN attempt by Ayodele Augustine, a self-acclaimed 500 level student of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) to run the business of a handsets trader aground has been thwarted by policemen from Oyo State Police Command, with 69 assorted mobile phones recovered from him.

The police commissioner said that the 500 level student was among the suspects paraded by the command on October 13, 2014.

The Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Kola Shodipo, who disclosed this to Crime Reports said that the suspected burglar was nabbed at Apata junction in Ibadan, Oyo State, on October 8, 2014, at about 4a.m. after he was sighted by a patrol team attached to Apata Division, strapping a bag to his back.

“After conducting an on-the-spot search and interrogation, 69 assorted handsets were found in the bag of the final year student, including equipment that could be used to burgle a house,” he added.

When interrogated by the police on the items learnt, Augustine could offer any explanation, leading to the suspicion that the items must have been stolen.

Preliminary investigation into the case revealed that a shop belonging to one Kingsley (surname withheld) was burgled at about 3a.m. at Apata area of Ibadan, Oyo State and the handsets were carted away from the shop.

Mr Shodipo said that the suspect would be transferred to the state Criminal Investigation Department, Iyaganku, Ibadan for further investigations where he would further assist the police in their investigations.

Attempts by Crime Reports to interview the suspect were rebuffed, as he tersely replied that he had nothing to say.

http://tribune.com.ng/crime-2/item/19622-police-nab-500-level-student-for-phone-theft

Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by YungwizzzyPt7: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
Eya
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Dexpro: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2014
Eya wetin Na thief na....
YungwizzzyPt7:
Eya
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Tallesty1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2014
Dexpro:
Eya wetin Na thief na....
still human
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Dexpro: 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
Sure buh what led him to steal
Tallesty1:
still human
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by eleojo23: 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
You chose the wrong path young man. Unfortunately, the law will not listen to any excuse you have to give because you were caught with enough evidence unless you can prove otherwise.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by hybridtm(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
O boy....dis boy get fones pass slot oh
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Rapsainot(m): 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
Most of those phones are not even functioning well undecided no be Kingsley own am?
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Tallesty1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
Dexpro:
Sure buh what led him to steal
I dunno buh he still deserves some pity.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by mesoade(m): 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
Effects of Frustration
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Lilimax(f): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
The phones look like used phones embarassed
But how can someone take what does not belong to him?.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by hatux: 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
Omg shocked
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by amakufrancis(m): 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
ayaaaah.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by fr3do(m): 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hope they won't strip him of his admission.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by armadeo(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
fr3do:
Hope they won't strip him of his admission.

Really.

I think that's the least if his problems now.

PS hope this isn't a publicity stunt. In short PIC if him holding the I.d card infront of his dept or.........
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Henrypraise: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wen I read/ watch police reports, I sumtyms shed tears, police ar d biggest liars dis world can eva know. Afta readin dis story lemme tell u my own conclusion.

The suspect is a fone repairer, he must av sumhow got himsef entangled wit a police officer or sumone hu knows a top police officer. The suspect might trully be a student n he repairs fone to see himself tru sch, I suspect d suspect to be an electrical student. Upon accosting him, he was asked to provide d receipts of d fones in his custody n wen he failed to do dat, he was labelled a fon thief n taken to d station. On d equipments dat cud be used to burgle a house, I see dos equipments as his workin tools (dos tiny screw drivers n dia lyks). On d burgled fone store, dat must av bin a story made up by d police officer.

I don't believe police report until I hear from d suspects demsefs in d absence of d police men. Not even written statements as most statements ar written under diuress.

De kip arresting d innocent n dos striving to survive while d real thieves drives big cars on d road.

Naija I de hail.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by StealthyMe(m): 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
Henrypraise:
Wen I read/ watch police reports, I sumtyms shed tears, police ar d biggest liars dis world can eva know. Afta readin dis story lemme tell u my own conclusion.

The suspect is a fone repairer, he must av sumhow got himsef entangled wit a police officer or sumone hu knows a top police officer. The suspect might trully be a student n he repairs fone to see himself tru sch, I suspect d suspect to be an electrical student. Upon accosting him, he was asked to provide d receipts of d fones in his custody n wen he failed to do dat, he was labelled a fon thief n taken to d station. On d equipments dat cud be used to burgle a house, I see dos equipments as his workin tools (dos tiny screw drivers n dia lyks). On d burgled fone store, dat must av bin a story made up by d police officer.

I don't believe police report until I hear from d suspects demsefs in d absence of d police men. Not even written statements as most statements ar written under diuress.

De kip arresting d innocent n dos striving to survive while d real thieves drives big cars on d road.

Naija I de hail.

Nice point...but its still a probability

And considering the fact that FUNAAB doesnt offer Engineering courses undecided
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by naturalwaves: 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
StealthyMe:

Funaab offers engineering courses.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Dexpro: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
Frustration indeed!!!
mesoade:
Effects of Frustration
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
Your assumption sounds feasible, @henrypraise. It makes me wonder...

Are you Ayodele Augustine?
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Dexpro: 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wicked!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Chiamaka01:

Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Henrypraise: 2:46am On Oct 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

If trully FUNAAB does not offer engineerin courses, den d suspect may av said dos words as a bailout to maybe a toughg inhuman interrogation.

All my words ar of cause my assumptions judging from my follow up on sum police reports.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Henrypraise: 2:48am On Oct 28, 2014
Chiamaka01:

M not Ayodele Augustine.
Dexpro:
Wicked!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

May I knw who/ what Ayodele Augustine represent?
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by StealthyMe(m): 6:23am On Oct 28, 2014
naturalwaves:

Funaab offers engineering courses.

Thanks...my bad
I thought since twas a school of Agriculture,they wouldnt offer engineering courses
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by StealthyMe(m): 6:29am On Oct 28, 2014
Henrypraise:

If trully FUNAAB does not offer engineerin courses, den d suspect may av said dos words as a bailout to maybe a toughg inhuman interrogation.

All my words ar of cause my assumptions judging from my follow up on sum police reports.

I've been told FUNAAB offers Engineering courses..so u just might be right

The mode of interrogation of the Nigerian Police
Beat a cat
Beat It Again.....Until it agrees its a tiger undecided

God Help Nigeria
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by Dexpro: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

I've been told FUNAAB offers Engineering courses..so u just might be right

The mode of interrogation of the Nigerian Police
Beat a cat
Beat It Again.....Until it agrees its a tiger
undecided

God Help Nigeria

@bolded, that is the REAL truth

1 Like

Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by naturalwaves: 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

Thanks...my bad
I thought since twas a school of Agriculture,they wouldnt offer engineering courses
IT is a school of Agriculture because it has special grants to practice agriculture to the core; enough fields,mechanical devices and the lecturers( Prof. Adebambo and co) are something else when it comes to agriculture. Infact, I didn't like taking a stroll with my friends that were studying agriculture cos they will give you a thorough analysis of any tree,leaf , soil we come across. I can beat my chest for any one that studied agric.there.

Sciences and engineering is well practiced too in a very standard way but not all engineering courses are available (no chemical engineering for example) and no medicine and clinical sciences too.
Re: Police Nab 500 Level Student For Phone Theft---- PICS by StealthyMe(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
naturalwaves:

IT is a school of Agriculture because it has special grants to practice agriculture to the core; enough fields,mechanical devices and the lecturers( Prof. Adebambo and co) are something else when it comes to agriculture. Infact, I didn't like taking a stroll with my friends that were studying agriculture cos they will give you a thorough analysis of any tree,leaf , soil we come across. I can beat my chest for any one that studied agric.there.

Sciences and engineering is well practiced too in a very standard way but not all engineering courses are available (no chemical engineering for example) and no medicine and clinical sciences too.

Thanks for the breakdown...

Laughing Seriously at the friend part... grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NECO 2016 Nov/dec SSCE Registration Has Commence / Differences In American And Uk/nigerian Grading Systems / Cows Inside The Classroom Of plateau state University Bokkos(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.