Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? (7370 Views)

Apple New Ios 9.3 Update Cause A Disaster To Its User; See How / Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. / Innjoo Phones Customer Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by msogbue: 5:21am On Oct 31, 2014
We really need to educate ourselves to the dangers of these heating phones. Whether it be innjoo or any other brand.

1 Like

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by treatise: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2014
Randerl:

Bros, l luv this thread. You have raised salient issues in this thread. Some have been well attended to but others like your quoted post below left me confused.

Can you kindly name any good Android smartphone for 14k with the specs of 1lls. Please l need one.

20k please.

1 Like

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by dabigjoe6(m): 2:19am On Nov 01, 2014
gingger:

One tin I don't understand here is after review of d phone u still went ahead to order the phone.. N u re complaining of a 20k phone.. I wonder sha.. Is there any phone without flaw .. I ain't their fan but better soup na money kill me.. No offenses
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by dabigjoe6(m): 2:22am On Nov 01, 2014
treatise:
Hhahahahaahahhah, you must be a violent individual and a zealot devoid of reasoning. You can go all out to defend innjoo against all odds to the detriment of Nigerians just because of stipends. What I bought is innjoo i2 (N19.999, shipment N2,600) with its plethora of defects. I do not want Nigerians to be scammed hence, my posts. I paid for two tablets last week(different online retailer) and they arrived yesterday and all according to specs.

Don't think that blood money is only when you kill for money- related rituals but your defence of a horrible product you expect Nigerians to buy so that you can survive. Can you show the world the SON certificate in relation to innjoo products? Carry out a survey and see what Nigerians would say about innjoo; creating threads for innjoo and liked by you and your cronies will only help make our society worse. Nigerians, make una open una eyes o !
you see when tecno brought out their android device in 2009/2010 this was people's reaction....am not surprised because its the mentality of ignorant Nigerians you are displaying

1 Like

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by dabigjoe6(m): 2:25am On Nov 01, 2014
treatise:
Dear Nairalanders,

I started using mobile phones in 2003 and the worst phone I have ever bought is innjoo brand(from Jumia). The innjoo i2 they touted to be 8gb internal memory is actually less than 4GB(see attached), the FI they claim to be 4GB internal memory is less than 1 GB. When you receive call via the phone , from the very first second, the heat from the ear piece can peel your skin if you speak for up to 30 nminutes. I do not know the roles NCC play.

May God help Nigerians !
there is no phone you can use the entire memory even computers, because part of the memory is allocated for its os and much....so because you don't like it doesn't mean it's crap I love my Innjoo and am proud of it... am also an owner of a Samsung s5 so stop posting rubbish

1 Like

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by bongolistik(m): 3:02am On Nov 01, 2014
treatise:
There are other brands within the same price range that perform excellently.
and u knew d brands dat perform excellently nd went 4 d unknown! SMH unendlesly...OP it seems ur shenanigans got no bound

1 Like

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by chrisja(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2014
Its funny wen grownups make statements without properly thinking.To come out start a thread so u can bad mouth a product shows ur how ur mind works. I have used almost every popular brand and I'm still amazed at Innjoo's functions at its Price. Innjoo I1s is my first low budget fone. Every issue dat Innjoo has is common to ALL top Brand. Only Nokia has always had good report about their battery.

2 Likes

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by tuncetila(m): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by seyithug(m): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
tuncetila:
these Innjoo phones are bad believe ma

https://www.nairaland.com/1974585/before-buy-innjoo-phones-sale

lol. Just shaking my head for all these Innjoo detractors now popping up from out of nowhere on Nairaland. I guess Tecno and other manufacturers are doing their best to bring down the Innjoo brand that has now taken over their maret share. lmao.
Meanwhile, if the OP and other complaints do have genuine complaints, I feel for them. But, EVERY phone has its faults, and not every user will get a faultless device. So many Samsungs and Apple smartphones are returned to the respective companies due to several manufacture issues. I you have an issue with your phone, call Jumia for a return. If your screen breaks, call Jumia to discuss the terms for return and repairs.
The problem with Nigeria is we expect EVERYTHING to be PERFECT, and we're not informed enough about how things work overseas. A lot of people will come on this thread to say 'if it was America...' or 'can they do this for the guys in their country...'? Have you been to those companies' base to know what's going on.
Still I insist, so many more defective Blackberry, Samsung, Apple, Motorola, Nokia smartphones have been sold than actual good ones. If you don't understand how politics and global trade works, you'll never understand how it's possible that a company will sell a defective product. It's global practice, whether you choose to believe it or not.
Take, for instance, the health sector. Many drugs approved by the FDA in the US and the NAFDAC in Nigeria, have side-effects, but they vary. Some causes deaths, some will lead to other serious ailments. The agencies are aware of it, but as long as the casualties can be kept to the lowest minimum, as long as the product will be a hit product in the market that will generate income for government, as long as the manufacturers of the drug can 'settle' the influential, disgruntled guys who are in the know of the side-effects of that drug, the agencies will approve the drug. There's corruption and conspiracies everywhere you look. That's how our society is built, and that's what it thrives on. Deal with it. In the health industry, what they do is set-up a safety net, when such complaints and complications arise about the side-effects of the drugs-INSURANCE will take care of it, and their team of lawyers will be ready for any lawsuits and out-of-court settlements.
This is how it is in all other industries too, from telecoms to automobiles, to security. Name any sector.
Science and technology are constantly evolving, never perfect, and they keep us hooked to their products, because the advantages usually outweigh the disadvantages, and they have several measures in place to counter all issues arising from the use of products. You CAN'T beat that SYSTEM, unless you don't use it.
tuncetila:
these Innjoo phones are bad believe ma
https://www.nairaland.com/1974585/before-buy-innjoo-phones-sale
Bros, I went over your thread, and it's same issues. You could have returned the phone to Jumia, instead of creating a thread to disparage the product. Or did Jumia not tell you they accept returns? If you ever loved the device before you ordered it, you won't want to quickly rubbish it as soon as you got it and started looking for faults, which you eventually found.
You complained of a damaged SD card (you said it's internal memory), that's enough grounds for you to return the phone to Jumia to fix or replace, but you didn't.
Not enough memory? That issue was addressed by Innjoo on their own site within a few weeks of several user complaints, and an update was made available which reduced the user storage memory to 4gb and added 3GB to ROM, for apps storage, while still maintaining 1GB RAM for the smooth running of apps. Ad then you go on with your spurious claims that the update was FAKE, and users shouldn't have been asked to flash their own phones? Like, in 2014, seriously?. Then, you complained about call quality... Android is an open system, for a lot of reasons. It's not your average phone where you just browse, chat and make calls and go. You own the system, learn to tweak it....or better still, return it, and go back to good old Nokia or Blackberry...where everything has already been thought out for you. Meanwhile, it's a 14k phone, and you do get what you pay for. Don't expect SGS4, BB Z30 or Lumia 1530 quality on a 14k phone. Nobody would buy the premium phones, if the cheaper ones have the same quality. Go for premium, not cheap, whenever/where you can afford it.

Stop whining. Tell us you hate the phone and we'll believe you, but to be coming up with so much fallacious excuses is unacceptable.
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by seyithug(m): 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
treatise:
20k please.
You see yourself? Olopolo dudu.
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by treatise: 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
gingger:

seyithug:

lol. Just shaking my head for all these Innjoo detractors now popping up from out of nowhere on Nairaland. I guess Tecno and other manufacturers are doing their best to bring down the Innjoo brand that has now taken over their maret share. lmao.
Meanwhile, if the OP and other complaints do have genuine complaints, I feel for them. But, EVERY phone has its faults, and not every user will get a faultless device. So many Samsungs and Apple smartphones are returned to the respective companies due to several manufacture issues. I you have an issue with your phone, call Jumia for a return. If your screen breaks, call Jumia to discuss the terms for return and repairs.
The problem with Nigeria is we expect EVERYTHING to be PERFECT, and we're not informed enough about how things work overseas. A lot of people will come on this thread to say 'if it was America...' or 'can they do this for the guys in their country...'? Have you been to those companies' base to know what's going on.
Still I insist, so many more defective Blackberry, Samsung, Apple, Motorola, Nokia smartphones have been sold than actual good ones. If you don't understand how politics and global trade works, you'll never understand how it's possible that a company will sell a defective product. It's global practice, whether you choose to believe it or not.
Take, for instance, the health sector. Many drugs approved by the FDA in the US and the NAFDAC in Nigeria, have side-effects, but they vary. Some causes deaths, some will lead to other serious ailments. The agencies are aware of it, but as long as the casualties can be kept to the lowest minimum, as long as the product will be a hit product in the market that will generate income for government, as long as the manufacturers of the drug can 'settle' the influential, disgruntled guys who are in the know of the side-effects of that drug, the agencies will approve the drug. There's corruption and conspiracies everywhere you look. That's how our society is built, and that's what it thrives on. Deal with it. In the health industry, what they do is set-up a safety net, when such complaints and complications arise about the side-effects of the drugs-INSURANCE will take care of it, and their team of lawyers will be ready for any lawsuits and out-of-court settlements.
This is how it is in all other industries too, from telecoms to automobiles, to security. Name any sector.
Science and technology are constantly evolving, never perfect, and they keep us hooked to their products, because the advantages usually outweigh the disadvantages, and they have several measures in place to counter all issues arising from the use of products. You CAN'T beat that SYSTEM, unless you don't use it.

Bros, I went over your thread, and it's same issues. You could have returned the phone to Jumia, instead of creating a thread to disparage the product. Or did Jumia not tell you they accept returns? If you ever loved the device before you ordered it, you won't want to quickly rubbish it as soon as you got it and started looking for faults, which you eventually found.
You complained of a damaged SD card (you said it's internal memory), that's enough grounds for you to return the phone to Jumia to fix or replace, but you didn't.
Not enough memory? That issue was addressed by Innjoo on their own site within a few weeks of several user complaints, and an update was made available which reduced the user storage memory to 4gb and added 3GB to ROM, for apps storage, while still maintaining 1GB RAM for the smooth running of apps. Ad then you go on with your spurious claims that the update was FAKE, and users shouldn't have been asked to flash their own phones? Like, in 2014, seriously?. Then, you complained about call quality... Android is an open system, for a lot of reasons. It's not your average phone where you just browse, chat and make calls and go. You own the system, learn to tweak it....or better still, return it, and go back to good old Nokia or Blackberry...where everything has already been thought out for you. Meanwhile, it's a 14k phone, and you do get what you pay for. Don't expect SGS4, BB Z30 or Lumia 1530 quality on a 14k phone. Nobody would buy the premium phones, if the cheaper ones have the same quality. Go for premium, not cheap, whenever/where you can afford it.

Stop whining. Tell us you hate the phone and we'll believe you, but to be coming up with so much fallacious excuses is unacceptable.

@ seyithug, some individuals imported toxic waste into Nigeria(Koko) with a common denominator of making money (no matter how satanic the outcome was) and you are not different; if you are one of the promoters of innjoo, you would do them justice by furnishing them with defects of their devices as validated by various users rather fighting like a wounded lion because you apparently believe your means of livelihood is being threatened. Iphone 6 "bendgate" and bug issues were quickly tackled by way of promised recall or bug fixes. You are here carrying out comparative analysis of low budget phones vis-a-vis innjoo H-bombs. Would you allow your children, siblings and even your parents to innjoo phones near their taking into cognizance the intense heat being emanated from the ear pieces(the receiver) ? Let's be preoccupied with things that will not only be beneficial to us but others . Seyithug, reconsider your nairaland fundamentalist dispositions !
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by seyithug(m): 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
treatise:

@ seyithug, some individuals imported toxic waste into Nigeria(Koko) with a common denominator of making money (no matter how satanic the outcome was) and you are not different; if you are one of the promoters of innjoo, you would do them justice by furnishing them with defects of their devices as validated by various users rather fighting like a wounded lion because you apparently believe your means of livelihood is being threatened. Iphone 6 "bendgate" and bug issues were quickly tackled by way of promised recall or bug fixes. You are here carrying out comparative analysis of low budget phones vis-a-vis innjoo H-bombs. Would you allow your children, siblings and even your parents to innjoo phones near their taking into cognizance the intense heat being emanated from the ear pieces(the receiver) ? Let's be preoccupied with things that will not only be beneficial to us but others . Seyithug, reconsider your nairaland fundamentalist dispositions !
Obviously, you can't fix stupid. I don't work for Innjoo or Jumia. I don't use an Innjoo phone yet, still waiting for the Note. Meanwhile, are you telling me that the iPhone 6 that already made it to Naija are going to be recalled too? Can you see that you're not as wise or reasonable as you think you are?
It's obvious you work for Tecno or Konga or some other Jumia/Innjoo competition, and you're threatened by the Innjoo billboards popping up everywhere, especially by the upcoming Note which would be a serious game-changer. I won't have been so bothered, replying you, if you didn't specifically name this thread after the Innjoo brand. It would have been better if you said something like 'new', 'upcoming or 'nameless brands, and then, add Innjoo to your list of Chinese phones that get hot or pose a health hazard, and then back it up with some good, detailed technology research reports.
Until then, pls, shut up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by treatise: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
seyithug:

Obviously, you can't fix stupid. I don't work for Innjoo or Jumia. I don't use an Innjoo phone yet, still waiting for the Note. Meanwhile, are you telling me that the iPhone 6 that already made it to Naija are going to be recalled too? Can you see that you're not as wise or reasonable as you think you are?
It's obvious you work for Tecno or Konga or some other Jumia/Innjoo competition, and you're threatened by the Innjoo billboards popping up everywhere, especially by the upcoming Note which would be a serious game-changer. I won't have been so bothered, replying you, if you didn't specifically name this thread after the Innjoo brand. It would have been better if you said something like 'new', 'upcoming or 'nameless brands, and then, add Innjoo to your list of Chinese phones that get hot or pose a health hazard, and then back it up with some good, detailed technology research reports.
Until then, pls, shut up.

I may 'shut up' when you become a sincere person; (you're threatened by the Innjoo billboards popping up everywhere, especially by the upcoming Note which would e a serious game-changer) attests to your being on the innjoo payroll which is not bad at all, try to tell them the truth, you cannot deceive people in perpetuity. God will reward you according to works !

1 Like

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by seyithug(m): 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
treatise:

I may 'shut up' when you become a sincere person; (you're threatened by the Innjoo billboards popping up everywhere, especially by the upcoming Note which would e a serious game-changer) attests to your being on the innjoo payroll which is not bad at all, try to tell them the truth, you cannot deceive people in perpetuity. God will reward you according to works !
Lol. I may sound like it, but I'm definitely not on Jumia's or Innjoo's payroll. Though, I wish I was. I'm just a fanboy of the Innjoo brand.
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by Tunde39: 6:30am On Sep 01, 2022
Z30 screen use one
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by Staanlee: 7:37am On Sep 01, 2022
who resurrected this thread?
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by Moneyboyz: 10:13am On Sep 01, 2022
Hehe, company went into extinction.
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by SaintUlot: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2022
Who is still using innjoo currently?
Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by Lagusta(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
Gone were the days where we bought phones for less than 20k

Presently an entry level phone may be up to 50k, or even more.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? by Geestunnar(m): 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
Innjoo of those days grin cheesy

Phone wey innjoo injure my account balance after many repairs angry cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Oppo Thread (oppo Users: Oppof11pro, Oppok1, Oppo A5s.) / Lenovo Introduces Android Phone That Looks Like Iphone 6 - PHOTOS / Glo Bonus: Get 500% Airtime Bonus While Making Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.