Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) (1576 Views)

Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend / Your 3 Most Interesting T.V Series 2012 / T.v Series Or Movies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by nedujizzy(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2008
I went to a dvd shop last friday night to inquire if ''desperate housewives, season 5'' was out,but in the process i met a guy who advised me to  see another tv series titled ''4400''. i bought the first season and wow, i must tell you,you are missing a lot if you havent seen it just check it out,
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by ExInferis(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2008
if 4400 doesnt send you to sleep, get an exorcist. together with Lost, they make the best cure for insomniacs.
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by vescucci(m): 9:57am On Nov 18, 2008
I swear to Jah! I bought 4400 season 1 to 3. I watched like half a dozen episodes and concluded that it wasn't worth my time. It's not even like some series that have a dull concept but have a riveting character that brings you back all the time like T-Bag in PrisonBreak. Funny thing is that I like the 4400 concept but hate the way they went about it. We all know that the U. S. of A. would never release the 4400 to live their normal lives after their different lengths of sojourn. It's very irresponsible and very unlikely. Bottom-line 4400=Heroes/X-men wannabe
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by nedujizzy(m): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2008
@ Ex Inferis
if 4400 doesnt send you to sleep, get an exorcist. together with Lost, they make the best cure for insomniacs.

well, i was carried away by the concept,after watching the complete first season,i think its not as smashing as i had anticipated. The guy i met in the DVD shop told me that i was going to like it,but now i know better, dude, which series do you think is worth watching now.
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by vescucci(m): 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
I recommend House, first and second season of Prison Break, Heroes. Steer clear of Lost cuz they really were lost and so you'll be.
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by candylips(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2008
it was ok while it lasted. I will say Heroes is a better 4400 because both shows had similiar concepts
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by nedujizzy(m): 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
@ vescucci
I recommend House, first and second season of Prison Break, Heroes. Steer clear of Lost because they really were lost and so you'll be.

i've seen prison break, from the first season to the episode where the scorfield brothers went to a jail in south america, prison break was cool but as it progressed it became unrealistic and boring,anyways i 'd still like to know what happened during their ordeal in the south american prison.
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by ExInferis(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2008
4400 is just like Jericho: the premise is captivating, the pilot is sweet, the rest of the body is in a state of rot. if you want a good series get Battlestar galactica or SuperNatural ( self-contained episodes, some stories are lame but most are quite good), or try NCIS (sort of a low budget CSI, self-contained too)

by all means avoid Knightrider, its utter rubbish.

House is showing his age, lost is still groping with how to make a grand finale that'll compensate for our patience. truth be told, Lost will surprise in the very last episode, but who has the willpower to hold on? if you miss one single episode then you get thrown off track and its hard to come back (unless you have a PVR/TiVo).

prison break has lost all bearings.

I'm watching Stargate Atlantis and SG1, both are so-so but I'm a diehard sci-fi fan.

just give Battlestar Galactica a try, its sweet.
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by nedujizzy(m): 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2008
@Ex Inferis
i've also seen desperate housewives from the first to the fourth season,i must confess that am really impressed with it, when is the fifth season coming out,any idea.
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by ExInferis(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2008
nedujizzy:

@Ex Inferis
i've also seen desperate housewives from the first to the fourth season,i must confess that am really impressed with it, when is the fifth season coming out,any idea.

season five began in september.
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by vescucci(m): 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2008
What're y'all doing watching Desperate Housewives?

Is Galactica that good. I've lost touch with all these sci-fi stuff. I was Gene Roddenberry's #1 fan until Enterprise which I didn't like from the bat. If Galactica is all that, I'll be looking out for it. And also I didn't hear of Star-Gate Atlantis. Is it like SG-1 or something gave?
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by ExInferis(m): 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2008
DH is quite enjoyable, you dont need to be a Nancy to get it.

give it a shot, vesc, might help ya get in sync with your feminine side wink

BG is THAT good, one of the best tv productions ever.

StarGate Atlantis suffers from poor budgets and sometimes risible acting but hey, its Sci-Fi, and ive seen worse Sci fi pictures (Pluto Nash, anyone? meet dave? starship troopers? Space Truckers? NigComSat-1?)
Re: 4400 (t.v Series That Will Keep You Glued To Your Television Set) by vescucci(m): 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2008
NigComSat 1, hehe tres funny. I'll be looking for BG for sure now. I just hope I find it. People don't fancy sci-fi that much. I think I've only seen one episode of Desperate Housewives, but I have this unfair leaning to hate somethings just because of the kind of people who like it.

(1) (Reply)

Nasir El Rufai On Channels TV Live / TODAY'S HINT: Need A Site Where You Can Download Your Favorite Movies & Videos ? / More Naija Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.