Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Read How Nigerian Bosses In The UK Treat Fellow Nigerians Like Slaves - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Read How Nigerian Bosses In The UK Treat Fellow Nigerians Like Slaves (607 Views)

Temidayo Joseph, Nigerian Schoolboy Hangs Himself In The UK (pic) / Urgent! Yahoo-yahoo Reloaded: Now Targeting Fellow Nigerians For Money Transfer / Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read How Nigerian Bosses In The UK Treat Fellow Nigerians Like Slaves by Seandeeds(m): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
I read a story on here, about a guy who lost his wife to some guy in the UK. The story touched me so much that I decided to write in my own experience, in the hands of some Nigerian bosses in the UK.

The worst thing that can happen to you in the UK is to have a Nigerian boss. I'm not saying this to demonise Nigerians here, it's just the simple truth. After all, I'm a Nigerian myself. It's a problem with Africans generally.

Some Nigerian bosses and business owners won't give you jobs in the UK, if you have the right papers. The reason simply being that you will be able to claim your rights, if they cheat you in any way. They will cheat you and tell you to go call the police.

My story

I've had three Nigerian bosses in this country and they were the worst. How wicked can some people be?
I came into this country nine years ago, on a six month tourist visa. Back in Nigeria, I had a good job, working with one of the multinational companies.

I must confess, it was my greatest mistake. Life in the UK isn't worth it at all, especially if you are on my kind of visa. You have to experience it, to believe what I am saying.

Back home, I had seen how people would come from Europe looking good and apparently living a great life. I never knew it was all make-believe. I made a vow with myself and God that my kids will not go through everything I've been through. I decided to travel out of the country, in search of the better life. Nobody told me of the other side of Europe.

I came in, full of hope and ambition. An old friend picked me up at the airport. As we were driving back home, seeing clean cars on the road, everything beautiful, I thought it was all rosy.
The first reality hit me when I accompanied another friend to his evening cleaning job (key job), that was my second day in London.

I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw an Obafemi Awolowo University graduate, clearing cups on office tables, sweeping and mopping toilets. I had to ask if I'm gonna be doing the same. He just laughed and walked away. There and then I made the big mistake by silencing the thoughts of going back to my job in Nigeria, as I had not resigned.

- Read more at: http://uklounge..co.uk/2014/10/read-how-nigerian-bosses-in-uk-treat.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month Nairalanders / Shooter:"it Doesn't Matter Anymore If I Killed Osama Bin Laden" / Likely Things That Will Happen In Nigeria In The Year 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.