Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,473 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? (1679 Views)

Careers In Cyber Security Science / One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) / Cyber Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by sammyashons: 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hi guys, just wanted to enquire on the profitability of doing an undergraduate in Cyber Security Science. Is it advisable or It's better to just do a Masters in it and do something like computer science for undergrads. Pls, advice a brother!
Re: Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by baba11(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2014
It is better for you to do Computer Science first then Msc in cybersecurity.If i may ask,which school is doing this?
Re: Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by ideepaul: 11:36am On Oct 29, 2014
baba11:
It is better for you to do Computer Science first then Msc in cybersecurity.If i may ask,which school is doing this?
FUTMinna is offering it as a bsc programmer(Cyber security science)...sometimes I wonder which is more rewarding between cyber security science and computer science and engineering cry
Re: Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by baba11(m): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
ideepaul:

FUTMinna is offering it as a bsc programmer(Cyber security science)...sometimes I wonder which is more rewarding between cyber security science and computer science and engineering cry
It depends on you to choose between computer Engineering and computer science. Both covers wide field of computer' while cybersecurity will just limit you to this field.I am a graduate of computer engineering and with a few certification, I'm a cybersecurity expert!!!!#act smart....
Re: Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by ideepaul: 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
baba11:
It depends on you to choose between computer Engineering and computer science. Both covers wide field of computer' while cybersecurity will just limit you to this field.I am a graduate of computer engineering and with a few certification, I'm a cybersecurity expert!!!!#act smart....
What of doing computer science and engineering as a single course?I guess that one is the best!
Re: Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by baba11(m): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
ideepaul:

What of doing computer science and engineering as a single course?I guess that one is the best!
It depends on your proficiency!! If you are very good in maths,f/maths,physics, TD etc,go for engineering. Besides,it all boils down to your overall life ambitions. Do u want to be a programmer or hardware engineerBut on neutral ground,I'll advise you to study engineering because it touches almost all facets of computer science which make you indirectly have an edge over them*****computer engineering can practise as a computer science not the reverse!!!!*************
Re: Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by sammyashons: 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2014
baba11:
It depends on your proficiency!! If you are very good in maths,f/maths,physics, TD etc,go for engineering. Besides,it all boils down to your overall life ambitions. Do u want to be a programmer or hardware engineerBut on neutral ground,I'll advise you to study engineering because it touches almost all facets of computer science which make you indirectly have an edge over them*****computer engineering can practise as a computer science not the reverse!!!!*************
Thanks bro, but how much of TD do I need for computer engineering? Is it so important?
Re: Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by baba11(m): 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
sammyashons:

Thanks bro, but how much of TD do I need for computer engineering? Is it so important?
If you don't know TD,don't worry...it only depends on the kind of engineering you want to do that will determine how applicable it will be.... like us,we did it once while mechanical engineering did it more than once...focus on the aforesaid subjects more....I mean the trio......
Re: Is It A Good Decision To Go For A Bachelors In Cyber Security? by sammyashons: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
baba11:
If you don't know TD,don't worry...it only depends on the kind of engineering you want to do that will determine how applicable it will be.... like us,we did it once while mechanical engineering did it more than once...focus on the aforesaid subjects more....I mean the trio......
Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

Just Got A Job with a federal Government agency,which State Should I Pick? / Building Your Decentralized Company On A Large Scale Through The Use Of Xdac / How Semesters And Admissions Work For U.S. Graduate Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.