Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially (1433 Views)

What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Song(s) do You Never Get Tired Of Listening To? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
When i was in Highschool, i thought flexing and enjoying life was the koko(main thing). Little did i know that the Devil was trying to make me his assistant manager!!!!!! I am (or used to be) a HIPHOP rap artiste with the name Yong Bleshh. I did alotta rap battles and was famous for the popular SICK RAP BATTLES american facebook group , won almost all my battles , lost twice and drew Only once. I also did street battles with some unserground Mc's in my hood and won all, yeah, ALL, i was that good (i am not saying this to brag or boast, just want you to know the type of guy i was). I jumped on some of my friends track(still did a collabo last month tho) and met few Artiste(some online, others on fone and the rest face-to) like Kidakudz, Ceeboi, Sean Tizzle, Patoranking, OteeBeats, Percy,Moe Musa, T.K.O, e.t.c. T.K.O helped me build up my rap battling ability n punchlines to some extent , we were close cus he is a family friend n lives on my street.

Well, i asked some artiste for help with my music, none helped(always giving excuses) ,little did i know that God was preventing me from being trapped in the shackles of whatever that they are trapped in.

Then later, Holy spirit opened my eyes and i saw the truth of the whole matter!!!!!!

JESUS IS COMING SOON, number one!!!!

Would Jesus be happy if he found me doing Junk music?? Of course, No!!!

See, i aint tryna be Religious or something, i dont even do Religion, i am just saying the basic truth!!

Most, i mean like 98% of Rap music focuses on this things:

GIRLS(which they call bxtches)

MONEY

& HOW THEY SPEND THEIR MONEY.

You think am lieing Common, hear 10 rap songs on the radio, now tell me if what i wrote up is wrong!!!

Secondly, which is kinda supporting the paragraph above is that THEY HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO GIVE THEIR FANS!!! NOTHING! NOTHING OF CONSEQUENCE!!!

Eniduro? Shoki? Johnny? Tangerine? Baddest boi? Baddest? Nword? Story for the Gods? Ukwu? Lekwaukwu? Back to the Matter? In my bed? Ilefo illuminati? Jasi? Feeling my Superstar? GhostMode? I like Girls? Ligali? ...... Ok, its enough, even the so called Yankees too... See this songs oo(am typing them as they come to my head) No flex zone? Bugatti? Looking axx nxgga? 6foot7foot? GoodKisser? .....WHAT?? you think i made up those names, looool. They are actually names of songs.

I am not saying you should stop listening to them, if u like buy all their albums on iTunes(na u get your ear and money) , all i am saying is try as much as possible to think of what this people(i mean idiots) are singing and rapping about. Dont you ever get tired of listening to the same thing everyday( today Timayas'ukwu, next hour Timayas' Sanko, tomorrow Busta rymes Twerk it, and so on and so forth).

Thirdly, most of this songs would be useless the next or next 2,3years. Tell me where Holla at your boy is being played, or Why Me?? Or Implication?? Weird Mc's Ijoya?Or Tony Tetuilas U DON HIT MY CAR??

buh check out RON KENOLLY, DON MOEN, even our own ASA. I fit play am when i turn 70 sef.

I have alot more points(e.g Devil Inspired songs,which those who are in one cult or the other do, yepp, u wont know naw cus u are engrossed with the beat and rubbish punchlines) but would stop now.

well, i have found the truth, moved on with my life, changed my stagename(you would hear my new name when i drop my song), writing Inspirational/Gospel Music and very soon would be reaching lifes!!!!!!
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by lekezino(m): 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
repin d 90's... 2pac esp. ,who listen to dose wack underage rappers wit notin to deliver.
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
this is for real. bro keep it up.
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
excellence44:
this is for real. bro keep it up.
thanks boss
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
i used to be aj addicted fan of rap musicbl back then but now its gospel rap like flame,the ambasador i listej to. this is for real. bro keep it up.
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2014
lekezino:
repin d 90's... 2pac esp. ,who listen to dose wack underage rappers wit notin to deliver.
Lol. True, they are 'Underage' for real
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
excellence44:
i used to be aj addicted fan of rap musicbl back then but now its gospel rap like flame,the ambasador i listej to. this is for real. bro keep it up.
Yessir. Same with me too. Thankz boss
. Cant boast of Lecrae Moore again tho, the young man has gone off track
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
Kendrick lamar doesn't rap garbage tho.
And yes he's newskool.
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by philtrum(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
@op to be honest all you said is true....and Well Me I've known for a while self and I've bn deleting them one by one.....there are some that I still like Eg Tuface's Rain drops & Dance in the rain....then I love ASA so much.....No naija artiste trips me like that....I Dont even listen to naija songs just because the lyrics men is wack ( imagine someone singing "she garrit, that girl she garrit).....
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
dzeeny:
Kendrick lamar doesn't rap garbage tho.
"MOST" not "ALL" .... Plus so what he raps benefits my life, destiny, the country, the political and religious leaders? Just saying... MAKE MUSIC THAT WOULD CHANGE LIVES. Thats my motto n code i live by
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
philtrum:
@op to be honest all you said is true....and Well Me I've known for a while self and I've bn deleting them one by one.....there are some that I still like Eg Tuface's Rain drops & Dance in the rain....then I love ASA so much.....No naija artiste trips me like that....I Dont even listen to naija songs just because the lyrics men is wack ( imagine someone singing "she garrit, that girl she garrit).....
hehehe.. she garrit, she garrit... Someone who is goin tru troubles of life would even commit suicide by heraing that song played. Haba, Nigerians sha. The funniest stuff is that ,the so called fans would hype these meaningless songs. I am very sure Naija artiste can neva do a song like " WE ARE THE WORLD"

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
@ op.. Go listen to kendrick lamar.. 'Sing about me'. Dahz all.
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2014
dzeeny:
@ op.. Go listen to kendrick lamar.. 'Sing about me'. Dahz all.
1 out of 200 songs??
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by philtrum(m): 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
Bleshh:
hehehe.. she garrit, she garrit... Someone who is goin tru troubles of life would even commit suicide by heraing that song played. Haba, Nigerians sha. The funniest stuff is that ,the so called fans would hype these meaningless songs. I am very sure Naija artiste can neva do a song like " WE ARE THE WORLD"

We Are the world ke!....but to an extent I still feel naija artiste most likely want to sing what the citizens want to hear... because they have found a niche here....only few people won't compromise standard ....A couple of people started as gospel artists.. They sing jargons now....
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
philtrum:

We Are the world ke!....but to an extent I still feel naija artiste most likely want to sing what the citizens want to hear... because they have found a niche here....only few people won't compromise standard ....A couple of people started as gospel artists.. They sing jargons now....
hmmmnn. Thats true tho. Its what them fans wanna hear. Its a pity. I watched d 2011 XMAS OVATION RED CAROL theme song ft iceprince, wizkid, yemi alade , eva e.t.c. OMG, cum c as iceprince dey rap rubbish n talkn abou him partying hard.. Wizkid just didnt even flow(was probably used to singing about junks)... Twas only IBK SPACESHIPBOI, a gospel rapper , who tried..

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by philtrum(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
Bleshh:
hmmmnn. Thats true tho. Its what them fans wanna hear. Its a pity. I watched d 2011 XMAS OVATION RED CAROL theme song ft iceprince, wizkid, yemi alade , eva e.t.c. OMG, cum c as iceprince dey rap rubbish n talkn abou him partying hard.. Wizkid just didnt even flow(was probably used to singing about junks)... Twas only IBK SPACESHIPBOI, a gospel rapper , who tried..

lolz
hmmmmm....Its good you re trying to make a difference now.. see you at the Top bro...
Re: Why I Stopped Downloading, Writing And Listening To Mainstream Songs(especially by Bleshh: 10:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
philtrum:

lolz
hmmmmm....Its good you re trying to make a difference now.. see you at the Top bro...
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks brohh

(1) (Reply)

Super Standard Studio / Your Best Or Worst Song(s) Of 2016 / DOWNLOAD MP3: Ycee Ft. Patoranking – Aunty Lovina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.